• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Meeting on the net vs the IRL random face to face

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather than be off topic and derail another thread I will take my quotes from that thread and start a new one.

I see this more and more and especially come across this phenomenon with (SS)BBWs and FAs or BHMs and FFAs. The quotes are from another thread and are the basis of this one.

At least with the "web" and locations like Dims, we have a resource to find that not only are we not alone, but that others share our circumstances. I have trouble understanding how BBWs and Fas learned of and about each other Pre-internet. My experiences personally were that it was very difficult back in the day on both sides of the fence for dating and understanding the difficulties facing both BBWs and FAs.

Back when I started dating the term FA wasn't mainstream and all we were was that wierd guy that likes fat girls. The girls we admired didn't understand our preference or our sincerity in admiring and preference toward their size in dating circles. The girls didn't know about FAs or that men had preferences in size it seemed. They simply assumed that some fat girls just got lucky.

With resources like Dims we can learn about each other, and ourselves, and connect with others of like type or preference to learn about and feel better about who we are and what we prefer. I hope and imagine that with the internet and places like Dims that the interpersonal relationships between FAs and BBWs are made better through the education that can be gleaned from them.

FAs are real, we are all over, and our preferences are real. I am glad to see that through sites like this that perceptions of BBW self image and FA preferences are better understood and learned from and made better.
Rollhandler

certainly the internet has helped things (and helped a lot of people to realise how many others out there feel the same way), but the way for most people to meet before the internet was exactly the same as it is now - just go up to someone you like the look of, and say "hello". :confused:

With the advent of the internet we have the ability to sort, and get familiar with possible partners or weed out potential losers with a perceived higher degree of safety. I have seen this more and more in recent years in seeing new relationships and finding out that the couples are more frequently meeting in chats and on message boards. The Net and sites like this have the ability to take away a bit of the awkwardness of the initial meeting and fear and anxiety of being shot down because the meeting is initially not face to face. We have basically added another stage to the social scene, and with sites like this at least we know that the person on the other end of the keyboard has at least one thing in common. Impromtu meeting includes the variable element of not knowing if the person you just asked for a phone number of or showed interest in is interested in return or has ANYTHING in common. Trust is another issue that has changed with the internet. Our first instinct IRL meeting is to mistrust the person in front of us asking for our phone number and passing compliments. With the internet we also get to gain a level of trust before doing that and yet another before the first IRL meeting which by that time one has decided whether or not the person has a real interest and what that interest may include. Much of the anxiety of the face to face initial cold contact meeting is turned into an excitement to meet someone you have gotten to know a bit about in a safer environment of circumstances. With BBWs it seems to increase their level of confidence in meeting someone they have already determined is a potential friend or partner without the anxiety of the possible humiliation or rejection that seems to be projected in a sense of mistrust of the motives of the person showing interest. Or if they are the ones interested the risk of public humiliation is reduced by possibly showing interest in a size bigot or non FA unknowingly.

Your thoughts?
Rollhandler

Latest posts

Back