• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Men Find Plenty To Love In Big, Beautiful Women

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagimawr

No shit, right?

Well, it's a little different when it pops up in Dear Abby:
By Abigail Van Buren – Thu Jan 21, 2:16 am ET

DEAR ABBY: "Happy Being Me in Massachusetts" (Nov. 20) is a large girl whose mother told her "heavy women are not desirable." Well, I was a size 18/20 and weighed more than 200 pounds when I met my husband while out with mutual friends. He's good-looking, smart, witty, affectionate and passionate. He's everything a woman looks for in a life partner.

He had never dated a plus-size woman before, but he was smitten from the moment he saw me, and pursued me from the start because he thought I have a beautiful face and a great personality. We have one child and another on the way, and he finds me as appealing now as he did the night we met.

No woman should ever "settle" for a partner, and "Happy" should not do so just because her mother thinks she's "too heavy." That mother is trying to pass her low self-esteem issues along to her daughter, and I hope "Happy" is savvy enough to brush it off. Big girls can be sexy, too, because there's nothing sexier than confidence. -- MICHELLE IN MICHIGAN

DEAR MICHELLE: The letters of encouragement in support of "Happy" have far outweighed her mother's negative stance. Read on:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucda/20100121/lf_ucda/menfindplentytoloveinbigbeautifulwomen

...and the original letter referred to:
WOMAN'S SIZE IS NO DETERRENT IN HER SEARCH FOR LASTING LOVE

DEAR ABBY: I'm 32 and a "large girl." I am also intelligent, witty and fun to be around. I make friends wherever I go. The problem is my mother -- who is also big -- keeps telling me that heavy women are not desirable and we must "settle" when it comes to choosing a mate.

My mother has had two long, unhappy marriages. She's always saying I think too highly of myself and my standards for men are out of my reach.

Abby, I would rather remain single than marry someone I'm not happy with just to have a man. I'm not looking for a movie star; I just want to find someone I'm attracted to and who has the same values and ideals that I have.

Is Mother right? Am I setting my sights too high? -- HAPPY BEING ME IN MASSACHUSETTS

DEAR HAPPY BEING YOU: I don't think so. If you want to achieve the same level of satisfaction in your life that your mother has, then follow her roadmap. However, if you want more, then cross your fingers and keep looking.

Meeting "The One" is a matter of putting yourself out there, and luck and timing. There are worse things than being alone, and having two long and unhappy marriages ranks right up there. Just look at your mother.
http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/?uc_full_date=20091120

Latest posts

Back