• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Motorcycle trip through the US

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomy27

I admit dimensions is maybe not the best place to ask this questions but I do it anyway.

My plan is to travel through the US by motorcycle in fall 2014 or spring 2015. I think of 3 or 4 month and 100 to 125 miles a day which gives a total of 12 to 13.000 miles. I think of a route that looks more or less like a big 8 on the map. First following the Appalachian mountains and/or the coast from north to south, heading west to the Rockies, following them northwards and then heading further west to the pacific and again all the way down to the Mexican border, back eastwards to the Rockies, following them northwards and back to the east coast.

I am in my early fourties and I am interested in (untouched) nature, both sea and mountains, culture and history. Since I am travelling by motorcycle big cities are not the easiest thing to visit and I am not keen on to much party but I can imagine to visit a biker meeting.

* So far so good here are my questions:
* Generally speaking do you think the route makes sense?
* Which roads/places etc. are a must?
* Are there any bulletin boards for motorcycle travellers where I can get further information and advice?
*Do you have any further tips/advice for me?
*It may sound silly but since English is not my mother tongue and I have never been in a English spoken country so far the language and my ability to communicate are the things that worries me most. So by reading these lines how would you rate my English?

Latest posts

Back