• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

My WLS story

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilihead74

I thought, I would want to share this with you. So here is my WLS story:

I had a gastric banding surgery 9 years ago. My pre-OP weight was 240kg (500lbs) and I lost about 200lbs within 2 years with the gastric banding. That was until I found out how to trick it out by eating sweet and fat stuff.
So finally this summer I decided to get a RNY gastric bypass instead. My surgery was on sept. 27th and everything went smooth. My pre-OP weight was about 255kg (540lbs) and I lost about 30kg since then.
I know that this board is not pro WLS but I want to point out, why I did what I did:
So why did I decide to do this? It´s easy: I want to live a normal life. A life where I can do sports (like skiing, hiking). I want to buy my clothes in regular stores. I want to be able to walk a few miles without my back to hurt. I don´t want food and eating to be the center of my life anymore. My weight has been an issue for more than half of my life (i am 33 now, and am obese since the age of 13), I want this to end. I will ALWAYS stay obese in my mind, even if would be slim, cause this is how my mind works. I do know, that I am addicted to eating and I know that this surgery is only ONE regulation for me.
There is a lot of talking about size acceptance here. It´s great for those people who can achieve to accept themselves. I can´t. And as a matter of fact, I don´t want to. Cause I don´t want to accept this kind of life I am forced to live because of my weight. But I wasn´t able to change this without the help of WLS. I have to say that I am in the lucky position, that I didn´t have to worry about the costs of the surgery, since here in Austria the health insurances pay for them if you meet the requirements (BMI of 40 and above, 6 months of psychotherapy among other things). Plus I had the luck to have a very good and very experienced surgeon to perform the surgery on me. Of course you always have to bear in mind that a surgery like this has its risks, especially since the patients are obese and therefore have increased risks. But the thing for me is: The health risk of my weight is/was just as high if not even higher. So this was an easy decision for me. So at the moment I am looking forward to my "new life".

Latest posts

Back