• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Nationalized Health Care vs. Fat

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keb

Princess
"What this means is anyone’s guess, but it isn’t far-fetched to infer that a government-mandated health-care system eventually would necessitate a government-mandated diet to control costs."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eating-our-way-into-an-obesity-nightmare/2012/05/08/gIQAqCCUBU_story.html?hpid=z2

The article's main point is that people should pay attention to the glycemic index, but I'm not the only person who thinks that health care reform will ultimately lead to more government control over our individual choices. It might seem awesome in the short run that we can't be turned down for health insurance because of our weight, but what happens when the costs skyrocket and the fatties get blamed? It will happen. It's already happening in much thinner nations elsewhere (the author's suggestion that HFCS sets us apart makes a lot of sense to me, after my mother lost a significant amount of weight when she dropped it from her diet due to allergies--but that's completely aside). Fat hatred in the British tabloids seems so much more severe than what we see in America (from the little I've seen online), and nationalized medicine is a big part of the difference.

I wouldn't mind being thin, but I don't want to be forced to have surgery or who knows what by my government just because I'm not. And yes, I do think it could go there.

Latest posts

Back