• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Obesity is not an eating disorder.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Necromancer

4 sirious.

Look it up in the dictionary.

I didn't really think about it until I happened to read one thread where the leader of some nation or other passed a law proclaiming obesity a proper medical disease "along with anorexia and other eating disorders".

Obesity isn't an eating disorder.

It's the truth. There's just this mysterious unspoken assumption under the current of our language.

Even if you assume that there's no difference in human metabolism, no possiblity that some people digest more effeciently or store more energy as fat, etc. you could still become obese by eating normally and not exercising.

I remember the nurse's office in my high school had posters. They showed different things and how they affected your body negatively, with a cross-section and various arrows with little descriptions and medical snapshots. The drugs included marjuanna, cigarettes and alcohol. Grouped in with anorexia and bulemia was obesity.

Obesity isn't an eating disorder because it's not about how you eat. You can become obese from overeating, but obesity isn't an eating disorder any more than weak immune systems are a type of drug addiction.

Latest posts

Back