• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Offer to work at Microsoft...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZainTheInsane

So, hear me out on this one...

I got called Thursday about a job offer at Microsoft, in their Game Development division. The message said that the guy was from a recruiting agency, and they found my resume on MonsterTrak, and they were incredibly interested in me for the position.

So, after listening to this message on my answering machine (I was at work at the time I got called) I call them back, and it is a different person. Not swayed in the least, I ask for the person who called. That person apparently isn't in the office. SO, I asked what I needed to do, and they said I needed to send a resume and my new contact information to the guy I'd tried to call back.

I did all this Thursday evening. Friday I didn't get a call back. Now, these guys are in Washington, and I'm in New York, so I figure they'll get it later than when I send it. But seriously, I'm worried.

Why am I worried...well first off, it is a programming position. I haven't programmed in 3-4 years, and though I'm just looking through Python, and working my way back into the realm of C++, Java, and so forth, it seems a bit out of the ordinary for Microsoft to want a guy who has in his resume that he has an understanding of C++, but hasn't had a job programming before, and has a degree in BUSINESS.

Additionally, I was told that I would have to take a test, issued by Microsoft, and would have two hours to complete a three hour test.

I guess my questions are...is this a serious offer? Does anyone have any idea what the test could contain? If I pass the test and get the job, how long are they going to keep me when they figure out that I'm not a programming genius? Last, should I go for it anyway, and try to get the job regardless of my lack of qualifications?

Latest posts

Back