Quantcast

Oh, THANK YOU UK, Thank You For the CHAVS...Hehehe

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Uriel

Nacho Ninja
God, I can't stop laughing, reading about the obscure (To those here in the US, anyways) evidently epidemic of fucktards in the UK. Hehehe...Oh shit.

I hope that I get this right...

Chavs seem to be unemployed youth, usually Caucasian, who wear track suits, Burberry patterns, tons of fake jewelry and trick out cheap (And broke-down)cars, jamming in huge speaker systems (Bought with their dole checks.....sorry, cheques), so that they can blast hip-hop? :D

People call them Whiggers here in the US, a combination of White and that word that makes me want to punch anyone saying it...
Do Chavs love Eminem? Do they like House Music? Folks who cruise around in track suits in my neck of the woods usually love House Music.

My fellow Dimmers from the UK, please post your views on these wonderfully entertaining misanthropes!!!

FROM URBAN DICTIONARY

A human sub-species also known as homo-inferior. They plan to conquer the world by lowering the nations IQ to single didgit numbers, like themselves. They do this by subjecting those around them to monotonus rap music and brandnames. They are braindead, almost zombie like. They are currently hatching a co-plot to ruin the English language through Abreveation and talking like they havn't got a tongue.
(phonetics) "welw den mush, init dat way den bruv! CHIKEN LAY AN EEEEG BOI!"

10. Chav 500 up, 49 down love ithate it

Humanoid in appearance, but primative and animalistic in nature, chavs are fast becoming the bane of humanity. Now all but classified as a completely seperate species, chavs took the left of the fork on the road of evolution when everybody else went right. Today, chavs can be seen in almost every urban area of Britain. Easily identified by either their baseball caps, hooped sports sweaters, excess Burberry and impossibly colourful Nike trainers (male) or scraped back frizzy hair, earrings you could train a dolphin to jump through, cheap leggings and Reebok Classics (female), chavs hunt in packs. Unlike other species, chavs hunt for cigarettes and bus fare instead of food. Food is always obtained at fast food establishments such as McDonalds, or convenience stores (Spar, Late Shop). It is quite common for food to be thrown instead of eaten, with the chav preferring his / her fags and cider / Lambrini (charver cava). Chavs are normally hostile towards humans, particularly those who favour alternative music, whom they have branded "moshers" or "grungers". A chav's music collection is limited. Hip-hop and hardcore for the males, Britney and trance for the females. Dogs (the more volatile, the better), mobile phones, cheap or fake gold and "souped-up" (debadged) 1990's Vauxhall Novas are must-have accessories. Note: the above description typifies the average chav, but there are actually quite a few varieties. Be sure to look for them at any of the following locations: McDonalds, Burger King, Spar, Late Shop, Primark, TK-Maxx, any sportswear retailer or any local park (after 6pm). Examples of a chav's primative vocabulary are as follows:
Chav: Eeyar yo! Mosha! Gotta spare cig?
Brian: No, I don't smoke.
Chav: Wha' ya mean no, ya f*kin' mosha? Ah spark ya!
Brian: Go on then...
Chav: Yo Trace! (emerging from Mothercare) Pass us me mob so I can fone ya bruv!
Trace: Why, ya f*kin dick'ed?
Chav: So he can tune diss chav for me!
Trace: Got no credit, yo!
Trace's baby: <crying>
Trace: Shut it ya little fucka!

11. Chav 450 up, 53 down love ithate it

Oh, my! A twelve year-old girl wearing a t-shirt proclaiming her status as a â&#128;&#152;slutâ&#128;&#153;. How tasteful. Mother would be so proudâ&#128;¦
Is she..? Yes, she is! A Chavette! Sorry, didnâ&#128;&#153;t spot it quickly enough â&#128;&#147; forgive me, Iâ&#128;&#153;m blind.

Here are a few clues for Chav-spotters:

Girls (Chavettes, Sengas):
- Bling, and lots of it.
- Hoop earrings you could drive a bus through
- Hair pulled back so tight as to provide a facial expression of constant surprise
- At least three children trailing
- Smoking a fag â&#128;&#147; a little white stick poking out of your mouth really does make you look TERRIBLY sophisticated, dearâ&#128;¦
- Talking on a mobile
- Wearing a variety of coins/Christmas cracker rings on fingers
- Cow-eyed look in eyes
- Skin as white as death, with blue tinges here and there (occasional purple and yellow ones too, from constant spousal abuse) and a red nose from smoking/drinking too much
- Skirt pulled up to just below the hair-line (please God donâ&#128;&#153;t EVER let it get any higher)
- Fat Chavettes â&#128;&#147; without exception - sport tight, too-short tops that would put even the hardiest person off their meal, and trousers that expose a crack minging enough to put a plumber to shame
- Throws litter/gum/cigarette butts onto the pavement/bus floor

Boys
- Baseball caps on (but probably donâ&#128;&#153;t know what baseball is)
- Hair so short it could pop balloons
- Fewer teeth than a Shanghai hobo
- Tiny, skinny frame laden with heavy fake-gold
- Cheap nylon track-suits
- Smoking a fag (of course) and spitting at passers-by
- Usually found sitting on the top of a park bench or a wall in the town centre
- Ears near the back of their necks, a particularly endearing genetic malformation
- Always mock-fighting with fellow Chavs, possibly to intimidate onlookers
- In vehicles that are horribly unroadworthy, and which generally have no engine. The booming bass from the shite they listen to provides enough momentum

Classless, no-mannered, ugly, aggressive, incredibly stupid wastes of flesh. They need to be lined up and shot.
Theyâ&#128;&#153;ve contaminated the gene-pool. Quick â&#128;&#147; deploy the napalm!

Cors

Delurking
Pretty damn true. I get harrassed by the guys somewhat often.

Thankfully there aren't too many in my neighbourhood.

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

The thing you are missing out on, whilst it is funny to think of chavs, they are actually a quite dangerous bunch. Here in the UK there is a huge fear of teenagers because most of them are chavs...at least here in the South of England. They are usually knife toting, loud mouthed fucktards who couldn't care less about the law.

Uriel

Nacho Ninja
The thing you are missing out on, whilst it is funny to think of chavs, they are actually a quite dangerous bunch. Here in the UK there is a huge fear of teenagers because most of them are chavs...at least here in the South of England. They are usually knife toting, loud mouthed fucktards who couldn't care less about the law.
No, I understand the danger aspect. I read a few days ago abot some poor Goth girl who was murdered a couple of years ago by these idiots.
We have plenty of dangerous young folks here as well (In my city, mostly Latin American gangs in our Mission district, gangs of whatever sort in the various mini 'ghettos', as well as the influx of the newer M-13 affiliated gangs).
Over across the water (The small water, Oakland, Richmond, etc...) there is a lot of violence (Compared to SF), but here, the diversity is such that every youth identity is pretty well represented. Most of them are cool, whether Goth,metalheads, or what-not. It is a shame that the Chavs are such a problem, but it is still hilarious, their atrocious fashion sense and sub-language, not their harrassing of folks.

I did a look on Youtube with 'Chav Fight' and there were quite a few vids of people kicking the crap out of them...usually for attempted theft. 'Chav messes with the wrong Skater' is my favorite so far...

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

No, I understand the danger aspect. I read a few days ago abot some poor Goth girl who was murdered a couple of years ago by these idiots.
We have plenty of dangerous young folks here as well (In my city, mostly Latin American gangs in our Mission district, gangs of whatever sort in the various mini 'ghettos', as well as the influx of the newer M-13 affiliated gangs).
Over across the water (The small water, Oakland, Richmond, etc...) there is a lot of violence (Compared to SF), but here, the diversity is such that every youth identity is pretty well represented. Most of them are cool, whether Goth,metalheads, or what-not. It is a shame that the Chavs are such a problem, but it is still hilarious, their atrocious fashion sense and sub-language, not their harrassing of folks.

I did a look on Youtube with 'Chav Fight' and there were quite a few vids of people kicking the crap out of them...usually for attempted theft. 'Chav messes with the wrong Skater' is my favorite so far...
I'm from the Bay Area....I know danger. Have you ever heard of West Pittsburg? Now known as Bay Point, or Gun point as people call it? Yeah, I lived there most of my life. I know about crack dens and gangsters and prositutes passed out on your front porch and drive bys. I know about all of that.

This is so different. It's relaxing not to have to worry about a drive by, but at the same time, chavs are everywhere. They aren't like a gang...though gangs do exist in the uk.Chavs don't have territory to claim or moreso, they claim everything as their turf. Chavs hang out outside of the shops, in parking lots and on the steets. They block intrances to establishment. You probably shouldn't go alone anywhere after 8pm. The difference between here and there...is there you have some safe spots...here chavs are everywhere....and their favourite past time is to cruise through the McDonalds parking lot at crazy speeds honking their horns, usually 3 or more cars together at a time.

What's worse is if the cops do get called....A, the cops are nicer in the UK and do not carry guns. B, Chavs are not afraid of the law and if there are enough chavs they will chase the poilce out of the area.

It's insane. I felt just as safe living down the street from the crack den.

Uriel

Nacho Ninja
I'm from the Bay Area....I know danger. Have you ever heard of West Pittsburg? Now known as Bay Point, or Gun point as people call it? Yeah, I lived there most of my life. I know about crack dens and gangsters and prositutes passed out on your front porch and drive bys. I know about all of that.

This is so different. It's relaxing not to have to worry about a drive by, but at the same time, chavs are everywhere. They aren't like a gang...though gangs do exist in the uk.Chavs don't have territory to claim or moreso, they claim everything as their turf. Chavs hang out outside of the shops, in parking lots and on the steets. They block intrances to establishment. You probably shouldn't go alone anywhere after 8pm. The difference between here and there...is there you have some safe spots...here chavs are everywhere....and their favourite past time is to cruise through the McDonalds parking lot at crazy speeds honking their horns, usually 3 or more cars together at a time.

What's worse is if the cops do get called....A, the cops are nicer in the UK and do not carry guns. B, Chavs are not afraid of the law and if there are enough chavs they will chase the poilce out of the area.

Hey, I didn't know you were from the Bay, I just figured you were a native Uk-er. (Waves at the Expat). Actually, I helped build the Pittsburgh Marina back in the early 90s, and I remember Pittsburgh. Funny, people here in the Bay think that it is dangerous, Hard, whatever...and where I grew up (Phoenix), the thug culture was about 50 times more dangerous. South Phoenix makes P/BP and Hunter's Point look like Walnut Creek. OK, so that's just a ref for you, as a Bay Area Girl, but still...

Sounds like the police need to step it up there, plain and simple. My sister lives in Paris, and it is the (Tries to me PC) various young folks of eastern, and middle eastern ethnicity who terrorize tourists, old folks,anyone that they can get at, in a very similar manner. Not to preach, but I am very against 'Free Rides' in the form of government handouts. I spelled disaster for the Romans (Who invented the Dole), and England doesn't seem to be faring much better.

Emma

Whilst there are a lot of chavs in the UK. They're not all dangerous, in fact most are just little boys who don't carry knifes who run their mouths a bit too much. I know the media goes on and on about them, but they've existed for years, and in my lifetime I've only had one or two be rude to me and have never been threatened by one.

In the area I live in it's perfectly fine to go out alone at after 8. I live in a city too, not a town.

Chav is such a media word, and isn't just for teenagers. You don't need to fear them as much as you do, most of them are alright. I've even got one or two chavvy friends. lol

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

Whilst there are a lot of chavs in the UK. They're not all dangerous, in fact most are just little boys who don't carry knifes who run their mouths a bit too much. I know the media goes on and on about them, but they've existed for years, and in my lifetime I've only had one or two be rude to me and have never been threatened by one.

In the area I live in it's perfectly fine to go out alone at after 8. I live in a city too, not a town.

Chav is such a media word, and isn't just for teenagers. You don't need to fear them as much as you do, most of them are alright. I've even got one or two chavvy friends. lol

I have chavvy friends as well:) And with my American taste in clothes, cars, and music kinda makes me one too, lol. But I think you will find, the further south you get, and the closer to London you get, the worse the chavs are. I've been to the Midlands and I've been to North Wales...I felt really safe in both those places. But when I get to Slough....watch out, lol

Emma

[/QUOTE]

this is nik btw laptop was logged in on wrong account

whilst chavs can be annoying, I would disagree that they are as dangerous as you say. Most of them are just out to get a rise out of you, and they arent the most intellignt of people. The wost i have ever experienced is them saying things to me. This is easily ignored. I can't say i have ever heard of them chasing the police out of anywhere. And to be honest, theyre nowhere close to gang culture. its not like most of them have any kind of weapon and i regularly go out after 8pm and never experienced any trouble. I dont know what its like in your area, but i have lived in the north and the midlands for nearly 26 years and none of the areas i have lived in have been that bad. The bad things that happen tend to be when people have had too much to drink, and usually both parties are to blame. With the extreme rarity of guns in this country i dont think its anywhere close to one of the least unsafe places in the world. i think you might have got sucked in by urban legend and perhaps you have been reading the daily mail too much.

The Fez

Welp.
The chav teenagers aren't really that dangerous, though you get odd cases sometimes. What I find bizzarre is the pack mentallity though; I've never been started on by a chav on his own, it'll always be a group of 5 or 6 of them, and only when I'm on my own or with one other person.

BothGunsBlazing

Back...ish
The chav teenagers aren't really that dangerous, though you get odd cases sometimes. What I find bizzarre is the pack mentallity though; I've never been started on by a chav on his own, it'll always be a group of 5 or 6 of them, and only when I'm on my own or with one other person.
Bizarre pack mentality? ;) Well, it's a lot easier to be a tough guy when you've got your friends behind you. Not so much when you're by yourself and the odds are evened out. So, pack mentality? Yeah, the coward mentality is more like it.

Cors

Delurking
I've been targeted by single chavs and molested a number of times, in bright daylight. It even happened once when I was with a female friend. I heard that chavs in London are bolder though.

Tanuki

Bear. Rawr~!
Back in my day the word "Chav" or "Chavie" just ment a young person, like "scruff" or "Nipper"

When did this change?

... makes me feel old >.> and I'm only 21

Latest posts