• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Omelette and Eggs Frittata thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Favorite Omelette or Eggs Frittata recipes

I love to cook - I find it very relaxing and one of my favorite things to do is make omelettes or frittata. they make for a very versatile meal and a great way to use leftovers.

When I make an omelette, I will usually include diced peppers, onions, Any Meat ( deli meat 'Roast Beef' ,'Ham' or 'Pastrami' or leftover meat chopped) some diced cheddar cheese (or any cheese that I have at hand - I won't include cheeses that have fruits in them like dried cranberries or ginger) .

I've listed some frittata recipes below -but post some of your favorites ( omelettes or frittata) and what ingredients you like to choose OR cafes you would reccommend.

Nan's Potato and Egg Frittata

"A potato and 6 eggs are fried in olive oil to make this simple frittata. Cut it into rectangles or wedges and serve between 2 slices of Italian bread either by itself or with tomato slices. Delicious!"

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large baking potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
6 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS
Heat oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Spread potato slices across bottom of the pan and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides. Remove slices from pan and drain.
When all potato slices have been cooked, return them to the pan. Turn heat to high. Pour on the beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper. Tilt the pan so that the eggs flow to the bottom of the pan. Turn heat to medium low. Cover pan with a plate and flip pan so that frittata is turned out onto plate. Slide the frittata back into the pan with the uncooked side down. Cover and let cook another 2 minutes.
When frittata is finished cooking, remove it from the pan and drain briefly on paper towels before serving.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Nans-Potato-and-Egg-Frittata/Detail.aspx

-----------------------------------------
Spanish Frittata

Ingredients :

3 tablespoon Olive oil
1 large Russet potato, (about 13 ounces), peeled, thinly sliced
1 med onion, thinly sliced
1 large Red bell pepper, seeded, sliced
1 tablespoon Chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
6 large Eggs
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon Chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoon Drained capers

Method :
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Layer half of potato, onion and bell pepper slices in skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat layering and seasoning. Cover and cook until potatoes and vegetables are tender, stirring and turning frequently with spatula, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle thyme over. Cool slightly.
Whisk eggs in large bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Add potato mixture to eggs. Wipe skillet clean. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-low heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet; sprinkle with cheese.
Cover and cook until eggs are just set, about 10 minutes. Slide frittata onto platter. Sprinkle parsley and capers over. Cut into wedges and serve.
Serves 4.

http://www.fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=238744

----------------------------------------------------------------

Asparagus Frittata
By Charlie Burke

We all know that in France eggs are used to make great omelettes, but in Spain and Italy eggs are used in the same way to make tortillas and frittatas, their versions of the French omelettes. These are true peasant foods. Tortillas in Spain, made with potatoes, onions and eggs, are served in every tapas bar at room temperature, while frittatas in Italy are served as antipasti, and as lunch and dinner. They can also be used in small slices as appetizers or as main courses.

We expect food to be served hot, but in Southern Europe dishes such as these and other vegetables are often served at room temperature, permitting their rich flavors to shine. This recipe celebrates fresh spring asparagus, cooked as Italian farmers’ wives would cook it, and is an easy way to serve this great spring gift.

Use this recipe for asparagus fritattas as a master recipe with whichever
vegetable is at its peak flavor. In Italy, pancetta is used to provide flavor, but I prefer to buy Prosciutto di Parma which has less fat and can be bought in slices to be chopped for inclusion in recipes. However you use this recipe, use fresh local eggs, and be certain that no animal protein is used in the chicken feed. In New Hampshire, Pete & Gerry’s Eggs are Organic and Free Range, and there is no doubt they are vastly superior to super market eggs, as are local farm-raised eggs.

Four servings:

6 large eggs
½ pound fresh asparagus, cut into ½ inch pieces
¼ cup Prosciutto de Parma, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped shallots
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
kosher or sea salt
freshly ground pepper

Place a sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add
asparagus, prosciutto and shallots when oil is hot. Cook until asparagus is
nearly tender; remove from heat. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.

Mix eggs with a fork in a bowl until just mixed. Add asparagus mix, Parmesan
cheese and parsley to egg mix. Add salt and pepper.

In a non stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until oil is
hot. Pour egg mixture into sauté pan. Cook, lifting edges to let liquid egg
mixture to leak under edges. Continue cooking until top is nearly done, then
place into oven until top is done.

Serve warm or at room temperature with a salad and dry white wine and
experience the great taste of European peasant food!

http://www.theheartofnewengland.com/food/veg/asparagus-frittata.html

Latest posts

Back