Our Darling Doggies thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shosh

Susannah
View attachment Pam 2.jpg

This is my friend Pam. Pam is the breeder of my dog Cindy.

Here she is at her rurul Aussie property playing with her dogs.

The yellow Lab in the pic is Cindy's brother Jack.:)

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
Oh, I can't believe I never noticed this thread before. So awesome! All the pups are gorgeous.

Sadly, I lost almost all of my pics of my pups when my old laptop died. I need to find the cord for my cam to take some new ones. My doggins are Maisy (almost 3 years old) and Larry (9 years old). I've had Maisy since she was a pup and adopted Larry from rescue when he was 7. Both are purebred long haired miniature dachshunds.

I love them both, but Larry is my special guy. He looks at me like I make the sun rise and set every day. He's got a multitude of health issues, but is just the sweetest little boy in the world.

Maisy is...the weirdest dog I've ever known. She hates to be touched - hates even wearing a collar - but loves to cuddle up under the blankets with me on the couch. She'll stay there for hours - unless I try to pet her. Then she's off like a shot. I can't remember what the vet called it, but some animals are just extremely touch sensitive and she is apparently one of them. It's tough when out in public or when the kids' friends come over because she's just so damn cute everyone wants to pet her or pick her up.

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
For those of you who are concerned about cleaning floors with cleaners potentially harmful to your pet, I did some research and came up with a cleaning recipe that worked really, really well for me. I always worry about commercial cleaners because both of my dogs have long hair between their paw pads that they like to lick and groom with their teeth. I hate the thought of them ingesting something I can't even pronounce.

*2 tbsp liquid soap (I used body wash, in part because I'm out of dish soap but also because I liked the scent) - this is the part that does the actual cleaning
*1/2 cup rubbing alcohol (disinfects)
*1/2 cup vinegar (neutralizes pet odors)
*2 tbsp olive oil (FOR WOOD FLOORS - keeps the alcohol from drying out the wood. If you have tile/linoleum, you can just leave this out)
3-4 quarts water

I used this on tile floor in the bathroom (with the oil in it, since I was planning to wash the wood floors, too) and it did beautifully - dried streak-free and this is dark blue tile that NEVER dries streak-free. I also used it on the wood floors, but for some reason it seemed soapier than when I cleaned the tile, so I followed up with a clean water rinse.

gow

This is why i love my furry friends soo much... I wish i could have one with me. :)

Also check out my cats in that Thread...

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
MORE DOGGINS! Hooray!

gow, your pup looks like a doll.

Tracy, my dogs (also doxies!) are indoor dogs in the cold weather as well. They are potty pad trained (one of them is actually litter boxed trained, but my rescue dog could never get the hang of it, so we're using just pads now - still an occasional challenge, but much fewer accidents than with the box).

Yesterday it was warm (for Maine this time of year, anyway, in the 30s) so I opened the back door for the dogs to keep them occupied while I super-cleaned their potty area. Maisy (younger, had from a pup) stayed out most of the time, Larry (senior rescue) enjoyed the sunshine for about 10 minutes before deciding to come in and warm up on the couch.

Shosh

Susannah
For those of you who are concerned about cleaning floors with cleaners potentially harmful to your pet, I did some research and came up with a cleaning recipe that worked really, really well for me. I always worry about commercial cleaners because both of my dogs have long hair between their paw pads that they like to lick and groom with their teeth. I hate the thought of them ingesting something I can't even pronounce.

*2 tbsp liquid soap (I used body wash, in part because I'm out of dish soap but also because I liked the scent) - this is the part that does the actual cleaning
*1/2 cup rubbing alcohol (disinfects)
*1/2 cup vinegar (neutralizes pet odors)
*2 tbsp olive oil (FOR WOOD FLOORS - keeps the alcohol from drying out the wood. If you have tile/linoleum, you can just leave this out)
3-4 quarts water

I used this on tile floor in the bathroom (with the oil in it, since I was planning to wash the wood floors, too) and it did beautifully - dried streak-free and this is dark blue tile that NEVER dries streak-free. I also used it on the wood floors, but for some reason it seemed soapier than when I cleaned the tile, so I followed up with a clean water rinse.
Thank you so much for this cleaning recipe! I also do not want to expose my dog to harsh chemicals.
Isn't vinegar amazing? It has a multitude of cleaning uses around the home.
I use the white vinegar.

Shosh

Susannah
Here's a photo I took a little over a week ago of me getting lickies from Lilly (aka Micro-Poodle... Mtnmaiden's miniature Shih Tzu).
Great classic pic Stan! Love the hat!:)

The Shih Tzu has quite a lovely coat.

Latest posts