• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Passing of my Wife....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daephoto

Most of you have heard the passing of my wife, Sherry Eckert last Tuesday. Thank you to those who posted on the board. Yes, I'm having a very difficult time, we were married almost 27 years and on our 25th anniversary, with Sherry in the nursing home, no one, including her family did anything for us.

Why am I bring this up now, you ask? Nancy Harber posted that Sherry was sick and going in a nursing home back in February 2007. She received about six cards, some with checks in them( I'm sorry to those who sent money and I didn't get around to thanking them ) and a few a month later. I devoted the next 2 and a half years to her and also she was in and out of the hospitals 15 TIMES!!!!

What happened next is why I am so ANGRY, MAD, UPSET, and other words that I can't use here. Sherry and myself were abandoned. Her church, family, friends, NAAFA, all left us. No one called or came to visit her or even myself for that matter. Sure, the doctors put her in a home that was a hour and 20 minutes from our house, but still, that no excuse not to see someone you care about.

Sherry gave me permission to go to the 2007 Convention in Chicago because she could see I needed a rest. After all the years Sherry worked with NAAFA, organizing the SUPERSIG, publishing 14 years of the SUPERWOMAN newsletter, I contacted a board member about six weeks before the Conv. to see if they could honor Sherry with a piece of paper thanking her for the years of service to NAAFA. I then went to Chicago with 8 very large boxes of items for the Auction, raffle prizes, goody bags. I left after a day and a half at the convention due to memories and feeling lonely.

To this day, I have yet to receive anything from NAAFA, no thank you for all the items donated, and I even sent back all the tickets from the conven. and my membership card and still no response. But I am so PISSED that the BOARD members could not honor Sherry for all her hard work for 14 years. It's a year and a half and now she's DEAD, thank you very much.

Also, while I was in Chicago, Sherry wanted me to see what happened to clothes she ordered 4 or 5 years ago that she paid many hundreds of dollars for. Invitation to the Dance is no longer in business and SSR was not there.

Sherry knew I would do this, but I would like to apologize for my rant. I'm going to miss Sherry so much, it hurts not to see her any more. The only blessing that happened before she became unresponsive the next day, the night before I told her I loved her and she responded that she loved me too and that was the last words she said.

To the NAAFA members Sherry and I know, we miss you and love you. Thank you DON ECKERT

My phone # if anyone wants to call is.... 314-504-2067

Latest posts

Back