• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Precious

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoyJoy

I did a search for this, and didn't find another thread about it, so if I missed one, my apologies.

I had seen the trailers for this movie, Precious, which is based on the novel Push. It was highlighted on CBS Sunday Morning in a piece which interviewed Gabourey "Gabby" Sidibe, who plays the lead character. I was quite impressed with her poise and confidence as a ssbbw. My favorite part was a statement made by her in the interview: "Ultimately, I hope it means that people will not count me out because of my size," she said. "I just hope that people can get past what I look like, and what other people look like, and see the heart and the soul of the person."

While her size doesn't seem to be the focus of the movie, it is definitely a big part of the story (no pun intended).

The article

The movie site

Latest posts

Back