Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
After reading through the thread about Ice Cubes chocolates, I wanted to try to find some of the tasty morsels. My little hometown is very limited in selection of candy, but I did find a new Hershey product called "Bliss". I picked the milk chocolates with a meltaway center. MMMmmmmm! Not the same taste as Ice Cubes, but they were creamy, soft and soooo gooood! I had to stop myself from consuming the entire bag in one sitting. :eek:

~Punkin

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
After reading through the thread about Ice Cubes chocolates, I wanted to try to find some of the tasty morsels. My little hometown is very limited in selection of candy, but I did find a new Hershey product called "Bliss". I picked the milk chocolates with a meltaway center. MMMmmmmm! Not the same taste as Ice Cubes, but they were creamy, soft and soooo gooood! I had to stop myself from consuming the entire bag in one sitting. :eek:

~Punkin

You can still get Ice Cubes (on eBay and other places online) and I have...but either they have changed, or my memory of them is not accurate. They were ok tho...

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
IC I've been missing the Foodee Board lately. I haven't been posting a lot, and I've been thinking about how much fun you all are in here. :wubu:

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn

~Punkin

I love Bliss!! I used them as part of my wedding favors as well as kisses..I thought it was appropriate. :wubu:

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
IC I've been missing the Foodee Board lately. I haven't been posting a lot, and I've been thinking about how much fun you all are in here. :wubu:

Everyone loves the cute, safe li'l Foodee Board :) Come play with us, B!

MissToodles

dead peasant
I hit two mr. softee trucks in one day. got the same from both trucks--a vanilla cone with that ridiculous cherry dip. Was it good? Yes, it hit the spot especially it was hot and really humid. But my stomach never reacts well when I eat a lots of dairy. I need to pack some lactaid with me.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
A couple random thoughts -

Has anyone else noticed how small the Big Mac is these days? I think they recently down sized it again when they did this buy one Big Mac Meal get a second Big Mac for $.45. The box is new and smaller, the burgers, quite weeeeeeeee.

Last night I bought some Bryer's Chocolate Cherry "Overload" ice cream. I thought I bought ice cream anyway. I just noticed today in the fine print description it says it is a "frozen dairy dessert". It only has three grams of fat per serving. When I ate some last night, I noted it wasn't as good as I thought it would be and seriously reminded me of the Healthy Choice cherry chocolate chip frozen dessert of my dieting days. No where on the Bryer's package does it say light ice cream, reduced fat or whatever. I thought with the name and "Overload" in crazy, big letters I was buying the full fat, full of chocolate and cherries ice cream experience. That's what I wanted and definitely not what I got. There is plenty of chocolate and cherries and had I been looking for a light ice cream, this would be a great choice. Also, when did they do away with the half gallon container? This was much smaller at the same price or higher than the half gallon. Poo on Bryer's.

SparklingBBW

What's new pussycat?
I had a coupon and they were on sale, but IC that fruity Cheerios are NO substitute for Fruity Pebbles.

sugar and spice

I had a coupon and they were on sale, but IC that fruity Cheerios are NO substitute for Fruity Pebbles.

I did the same thing, I bought fruity Cheerios because I had a coupon. Yuck, they were nasty,
I love all the other Cheerios flavors so I was surprised they were so bad.

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
A couple random thoughts -

Last night I bought some Bryer's Chocolate Cherry "Overload" ice cream. I thought I bought ice cream anyway. I just noticed today in the fine print description it says it is a "frozen dairy dessert". Also, when did they do away with the half gallon container? This was much smaller at the same price or higher than the half gallon. Poo on Bryer's.

Hubby and I were going to buy some Bluebell Ice Cream last weekend. I was looking over all the flavors and trying to decide which I would try, when I finally noted the pricetag! OMG! The price of premium Ice Cream has increased by nearly $3.00! I decided we didn't have to have ice cream after all. The price hike on everything has really placed a damper on my foodee enjoyment! :mad:

~Punkin

Hubby and I were going to buy some Bluebell Ice Cream last weekend. I was looking over all the flavors and trying to decide which I would try, when I finally noted the pricetag! OMG! The price of premium Ice Cream has increased by nearly $3.00! I decided we didn't have to have ice cream after all. The price hike on everything has really placed a damper on my foodee enjoyment! :mad:

~Punkin

Yeah, I only get Blue Bell when it is on sale. Dreyers is pretty good though, even though they are downsizing their containers. They are down to 1.5 Quarts now. I should seriously sit down and do the math to see if it actually is a better deal than blue bell.

On a separate note, has anyone had the Blue Bell Southern Blackberry cobbler ice cream? It is amazing.

Brandi

The Emotional Cook
I walked into the daycare class, and watch the children eat. I get EXTREME pleasure when they make those happy sounds when they eat...and when they lick their plate...it's like I won a million bucks!!!

Today was chicken stew over creamy mashed potatoes....nothing left over

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
I wasn't sure if this merited it's own thread or not, but I'm pretty sure most of you read this thread anyway. Also not sure if it's Foodee worthy, but I'll let you be the judge!

Gwydion sent me a link yesterday for 5-Minute Chocolate Cake.

Yes. 5 minutes. Crazy. The recipe?

4 Tbsp Cake Flour
4 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tbsp Milk
3 Tbsp Oil

Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa in mug.
Add egg, then milk and oil. Mix well.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Wait until cake stops rising and then remove, and plate.

My thoughts? First, don't use whole wheat flour. It was a bad idea. Second, I question how long I ought to microwave it. I have a 2-year old microwave, pretty standard, and the cake collapses on itself about 2:43. Third, you should probably use actual cake flour, as all-purpose wasn't spectacular either. But it was ok. Not sure I'm going to be craving it. But I will try again, in the name of science!

Alright. I'm going to go try it microwaved a little less. Will report back.

eta: Reporting back. Still a weird texture. Used bread flour this time (I have everything but cake flour apparently.) Definitely wouldn't challenge Bobby Flay to a throwdown with this recipe. Not thrilled. Not really repulsed either. Eh.

SummerG

In Rememberance
I wasn't sure if this merited it's own thread*snipped to high heaven*

This totally reminded me of a microwave cake i had to make for home-ec class many years ago. I think the best option for microwave cake is to add hot fudge and vanilla ice cream. :D

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
This totally reminded me of a microwave cake i had to make for home-ec class many years ago. I think the best option for microwave cake is to add hot fudge and vanilla ice cream. :D

Smart girl! I knew it was missing something. And by something, I mean everything.

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
I am easily influenced, when it comes to food. I dreamed of sesame chicken last night, so we had to eat lunch at China Star! :D

Afterwards, we did our grocery shopping and I finally satisfied my carrot cake craving by purchasing a box of 4 slices of carrot cake. The cake was good, frosting was too sweet and not enough cream cheese. Darn!

We were craving ice cream, so we decided to breakdown and purchase the Blue Bell Southern Blackerry Cobbler. It was $2.00 cheaper in Abilene than at our local grocery store! So, the lower price justified the purchase. LOL! By the way, the ice cream is wonderful!

~Punkin

Brandi

The Emotional Cook
I wasn't sure if this merited it's own thread or not, but I'm pretty sure most of you read this thread anyway. Also not sure if it's Foodee worthy, but I'll let you be the judge!

Gwydion sent me a link yesterday for 5-Minute Chocolate Cake.

Yes. 5 minutes. Crazy. The recipe?

4 Tbsp Cake Flour
4 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tbsp Milk
3 Tbsp Oil

Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa in mug.
Add egg, then milk and oil. Mix well.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Wait until cake stops rising and then remove, and plate.

My thoughts? First, don't use whole wheat flour. It was a bad idea. Second, I question how long I ought to microwave it. I have a 2-year old microwave, pretty standard, and the cake collapses on itself about 2:43. Third, you should probably use actual cake flour, as all-purpose wasn't spectacular either. But it was ok. Not sure I'm going to be craving it. But I will try again, in the name of science!

Alright. I'm going to go try it microwaved a little less. Will report back.

eta: Reporting back. Still a weird texture. Used bread flour this time (I have everything but cake flour apparently.) Definitely wouldn't challenge Bobby Flay to a throwdown with this recipe. Not thrilled. Not really repulsed either. Eh.

Geez I just posted this recipe in the single serving cupcake. I'm sorry!

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
Geez I just posted this recipe in the single serving cupcake. I'm sorry!

No worries! I'm hoping someone has better luck with it than I did! It's very possible that it is me, and not the cake that is the issue. :) lol

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
IC I saw a license plate on the way home that said "FOOD1E" and I couldn't help but wonder if it was someone here. ;)

Latest posts