Quantcast

Ring tone on mobiles

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

op user

I know that mobiles are not as important as they use to be (although they do marvellous things at home) but let's have thread here about which ringtone we use and which lock screen we have installed.

I offer the floor to another member and answer after few others have published their preferences.

op user

Nice one SC, very original. I take you read Snoopy or Peanuts when younger.

Any more members wanting to share their ring-tone?

op user

Nice choices both although I would say the second is fairly emotional for general purposes. Did your husband help you picking up his (?) ringtone?

Corey

Corey
No, he didn’t. I did it as a joke a long time ago and never took it back down. I normally have my phone on silent because I always forget to put it back on ring. I actually had to check what my ring tones were before answering you. I just like Cat Power. My ringtone used to be our wedding song, Northern Wind by City and Color.

Last edited:

op user

Thanks for the answer Corey - think about being a activity tracker or a band and you can connect the phone to the band and you get the warnings even with the phone on mute. Ignore the activity tracking function.

op user

If it is android you have to go settings-sound&vibration-phone ringtone.

Thanks for the additional info on the lock screen.

Another volunteer?

Funtastic curves

If it is android you have to go settings-sound&vibration-phone ringtone.

Thanks for the additional info on the lock screen.

Another volunteer?
I probably should have been been clearer.
I don't see/have an option to add a special ring tone 🥴 there's plenty of standard tones to use. Thanks for trying, I appreciate it ☺😘

Ncmomof4

Mine is something that gets on everyone's head......867-5309 I've got your number.
I always know when my phone is ringing and I have had people say wow I like that....then a moment later they comment great that's going to be in my mind all day :)

op user

Thanks for all the answers so far. So here are my answers:

On the lock screen there is that of aircraft (A350) on its cold weather tests under the Northern Light. If I can edit the post later I will put the picture from the manufacture's site. I found a similar one here. The one I use is this

For ringtone I use this piece of a Corfou philharmonic orchestra at an Easter. I had the theme for "ER" previously.

Dazzling Anna smart choice of lock pic. Both is the answer

Last edited:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
I just remembered a story with a ringtone that happened to me years ago I'd like to share here.

It must have happened in the late 90s or early 2000s. Apparently I didn't have my mobile on mute back then.
I was on a holiday in Turkey. I visited an open air music show night at the ancient theatre of Aspendos I think. I was already on the coach back to my hotel (a 45 min drive). I was sitting in the first row behind the driver.
Back than I had a cute "meow" ringtone. These cute little kittens "meow".
Being on the road driving I switched on my mobile again. And a message was delivered with a "meow".
All over sudden the driver was starting something that could count as an emergency breaking. He was trying to explain he did that because he might hit a cat on the road.
That very moment another "meow" from another incoming message was heard. The driver was relieved he didn't hit a cat. And I couldn't stop laughing. 😂

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Most of the year, I tend to use the synth hook from Led Zeppelin's "All of my Love."
For the month of October I use the theme to John Carpenter's Halloween.
November through January I use Vince Guaraldi's tune from the Charlie Brown Christmas special, "Skating."

Roughly the first 21 seconds of this song:

My lockscreen is a still of Gina Carano from the film, Haywire.

IMG_2362.PNG

Last edited:
Most of the year, I tend to use the synth hook from Led Zepplin's "All of my Love."
For the month of October I use the theme to John Carpenter's Halloween.
November through January I use Vince Guaraldi's tune from the Charlie Brown Christmas special, "Skating."

Roughly the first 21 seconds of this song:

The first two gave me goosebumps and for very different reasons hehe. Halloween still gives me the heeby jeebies today.

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
OK, get ready to (maybe) laugh (and for a long post). I’m the one who has yet to have actual mobile phone service. But that doesn’t mean i haven’t dealt in ringtones and lock and background screens. My custom ringtone experience dates back to housemate/ex BBW Siber Hussy’s venerable Motorola E815. SEEM edits and a wild dance with a micro SD(?) card to get the customs past the Verizon blocks. Fun times. She became legendary at work for ringtones no one else had.

Passage of time, changing employers, company-supplied iPhone. Great!—easier and more flexible. I don’t remember her lock screen, but her background was Syd the rabbit puppet from the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.

I don’t have a list of all the ringtones she used. For a long time it was a sped-up version of an excerpt from The Carpenters’ Close To You: a 33 1/3 RPM record played at 78 RPM. Annnnnd it’s not online, because i made it from a KALX legal ID from the 1970s, and XenForo won’t let me upload it. So use your imagination. Very funny, and absolutely got people’s attention. The funniest part: for awhile she kept forgetting it was her ringtone and kept wondering “What’s that noise I’m hearing?”

Then for awhile she had “Mister P. M. O. S. H.”, roughly 0:40 to 0:51 of this:
Mr. P. Mosh — Plastalina Mosh

Recently what she’s been using is a dance mix someone in i believe Mexico made of this cat:

The actual dance mix i had to get off her Faceskank feed, with great difficulty, never to be found again.

Now her text tone… i had to download a torrent of every Tex Avery cartoon ever, just to get Rock-A-Bye Bear, to get the bear yelling QUAAAAAIT! Part of this:

Everyone always knows when it’s Siber’s device going off.

I’ll stop here. I have her old iPhone 4S. No cellular service, but it’s all set up with multiple custom ringtones and text tones anyway. Ask if interested and i’ll post in this thread, otherwise i’ll assume everyone’s bored and drop it.

Latest posts