Road Ragin'- your opinions please, ladies...

Discussion in 'BBW/FA Board' started by Micara, Jan 23, 2012.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine by donating:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1. Jan 23, 2012 #1

Micara

Micara

Micara

Living and Learning

Every day on the way to work, I see this truck that has huge stickers across the back windows that say "NO FAT CHICKS". Every time I see it, it sends me into such a rage that I whip around him, cutting him off while making a face at him or other such juvenile behavior. It just pisses me off that someone has that on their truck. It makes me want to letter a big sign that says "FAT CHICKS DON'T WANT DIRTY REDNECKS ANYWAY!" or something. Not that I have anything against rednecks, but he's pretty scummy looking. It just really bothers me.

My question is- would this piss anyone else off as much as me? Or am I just a psycho biatch?

2. Jan 24, 2012 #2

one2one

one2one

one2one

Sentient little hedonist

No, you're not the only one. I used to see the same bumper sticker on a pick-up truck on my way to work, too. It made me flaming mad, until I realized that the sad, sick world that man lived in was his own special punishment. That didn't stop me from thinking, "Thanks for the heads up, [insert expletive here]", while I mentally reviewed all my plush attributes and counted each one as his loss.

Dr. Feelgood likes this.
  3. Jan 24, 2012 #3

TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble

I completely get where you're coming from. I saw a truck with that sticker once in a parking lot and had some fantasies about keying that sucker.
    Anyway, please come up with some way to make it a joke or something because when you get mad at someone like that, it just hurts YOU. Maybe tell yourself: Oh, it's so nice when the assholes self-identify like that. It saves me the time from having to interact with those beasts. Of course, as I type this I'm imagining saying it like the queen of England, and I think that helps.

4. Jan 24, 2012 #4

PunkyGurly74

PunkyGurly74

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette

Micara likes this.
  5. Jan 24, 2012 #5

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home In Remembrance

reposted for TRUTH

Any woman who would be with him, I can't imagine would have any real self-love herself. Those men don't like women. They may be attracted to women, and want sex with women but at heart, they don't like them and often fear them and that's masked as hatred.

6. Jan 24, 2012 #6

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

No, they make me furious too. Always have.

It's so blanket, and so eliminationist. Like: you don't make my dick hard, and you shouldn't exist. There are too many of you, and I'd like you all to disappear.

What's not to find offensive?

7. Jan 24, 2012 #7

LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz

Your reaction of anger is completely COMPLETELY justified. I would be pissed off too, and would really want him to know what an ass he is and for him to feel like the small little weasel that he is.

At the same time, I also agree with Dr. Feelgood that sinking to that level of douchebaggery wouldn't solve anything. Enjoying your life as the fabulous fat chick that you are is a big enough middle finger to that ignorant jackass.

8. Jan 24, 2012 #8

butch

butch

butch

cuddly, hairy, and fat

I saw a sticker on a truck parked behind a firehouse that said something to the effect of "My truck tires are so big because fat girls can't jump." Not only did it piss me off for the reasons mentioned in this thread, it pissed me off because it was on the truck of a guy who is invested in keeping us safe, and if he has this kind of attitude, would he be as diligent in saving my life in a fire as he would for people he didn't seek to dehumanize. Plus, this was in DC, and DC fire and rescue has a record for being insensitive to those they deem 'less than;' an insensitivity that has allowed people to die.

What I do to reclaim my own humanity when I see those sorts of stickers (this also works on those tacky 'Calvin peeing' window decals) is to remind myself that these stickers are simply warning the populance that the car owners are immature, ignorant, and insecure, so that we can all stay clear of them. Think of these stickers as a public service announcement about douchebags.

Surlysomething, fat9276 and metabliss like this.
  9. Jan 24, 2012 #9

Lamia

Lamia

Lamia

Like OMG!!

There was a thread about this bumper sticker I believe. I was with my niece and we spotted a douche with this bumper sticker. We kept acting like we were trying to jump, but just couldn't...:p I always find humor is the best form of attack.

So instead of making a bumper sticker about fat chicks not wanting dirty rednecks I would just drive by him and make the fake phone sign and gesture "Call Me". :p

LovelyLiz likes this.
  10. Jan 24, 2012 #10

lottapounds

lottapounds

lottapounds

happy mutant

I am sure there are some fat ladies who prefer the company of dirty rednecks, so your bumper sticker might be inaccurate :) He is just another miserable idiot conditioned to think fat people are not attractive, and will never know the love of a warm squishy body. You should pity him, really. :)

11. Jan 24, 2012 #11

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)

Have at it!!

http://www.bumpersticker.com/

I have used them...you can make it say WHATEVER YOU WANT!! :bow:

12. Jan 24, 2012 #12

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

Best possible response would be to put an "I ♥" sticker over the "NO."

(Didn't somebody do that once? I also remember people putting a sticker with an image of a screw over the "I ♥" in "I ♥ MY DOG.")

aocutiepi and Micara like this.
  13. Jan 25, 2012 #13

aocutiepi

aocutiepi

aocutiepi

a beautiful mess.

I saw one once that said, "Don't trust FAT doctors!" on the back of a huge Ford F-350. I passed him to get a good look at the jerk's face... then I calmed down. Got my blood boiling for a good few minutes as I was speeding down the highway, though.

But, as someone who is going into medicine, it's a legitimate fear of mine that my patients won't trust me because I don't "look" healthy. I guess I'll just have to compensate by being kind, patient, intelligent and informative. No matter the patient. Even douches like that guy.

Lamia likes this.
  14. Jan 28, 2012 #14

Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.

I don't get bumper stickers, period. They're drive-by, passive argument starters most of the time, and I'm not sure society needs more of that. [Although I do like plenty of humorous bumper sticker sayings like, "Fat people are harder to kidnap."]

The first time I saw the "No Fat Chicks" sticker was actually 20+ years ago in high school. A thin cute guy who would sometimes stop over at my house as he was out skateboarding was talking with me and a thin cute neighbor boy who was also in our class. Mind you, I'm like size 18 at this point. Had a bit of an ongoing flirtation with neighbor boy who was also captain of our football team. I looked down at first cute boy's skateboard and saw the "No Fat Chicks" sticker and just stared at it. He saw me looking and very sheepishly said, "No offense." I couldn't wrap my head around someone being my friend and posting something that was so categorically dismissive of someone like me.

I remember sitting in a pub in England one time, enjoying a beautiful summer evening out after a drive in the country and looking down at a Fosters "No Big Birds" beer mat. :| Seriously? Can we not get away from it?

Idiots who have to emphasize their preferences, particularly in an offensive way, are like the homophobes and others who hate based on dehumanizing categorizations. I pity them for their insecurities that don't allow them to enjoy the variety of people on this earth as human beings, even if they only find a segment of them sexually desirable. And I agree with the others here who appreciate them giving me fair warning to stay far away from them.

liz (di-va) likes this.
  15. Jan 28, 2012 #15

larousse

larousse

larousse

I guess this must depend a lot on location because I've never seen a "NO FAT CHICKS" bumper sticker and I don't think it would cause rage, just more disdain/pity for the douche who would actually buy that.

16. Feb 3, 2012 #16

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I live in a town surrounded by refineries and big loud rednecks who drive big loud pickup trucks. I roll my eyes constantly at the selection of bumper stickers I see. I've seen the "No Fat Chicks" one before. But the current trend seems to be for ones that say "ditch the bitch, let's go fishing" or hunting or random other variations on the same theme. LOTS of hostile political stickers too. And of course Calvin taking a whizz on all kinds of stuff.

Tracy

17. Feb 5, 2012 #17

Allie Cat

Allie Cat

Allie Cat

I live in Pittsburgh and I see that kind of stuff all the time... If I road raged at every offensive political bumper sticker I saw I'd have a brain aneurysm.

18. Mar 27, 2012 #18

Hathor

Hathor

Hathor

stolen child

It's justified. However, I feel satisfied in knowing that a real woman, skinny or fat, would not like a jerk like that who can't appreciate women of all sizes. Going after a certain size really limits his happiness in finding a mate. So he's the one with egg on his face.

19. Mar 27, 2012 #19

b0nnie

b0nnie

b0nnie

It doesn't bother me, I guess I just view the "No Fat Chicks" thing as a heads up on their preferences, an immature way of putting it out there, but someone who chooses to put that type of thing on their car isn't going to be mature. I think they should just put what they do like instead of what they don't; like a car I saw that had a decal on its back windshield window that said "Me Gusatan Las Gorditas" (Spanish for: I Like Fat Girls), saying what you like doesn't need to done by pointing out what you don't like.

20. Mar 28, 2012 #20

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

liz (di-va)

"NO FAT CHICKS" is not just about preference. As I see it.

I'm not buying the idea these stickers originate in a desire to say "I only like skinny chicks." They betray more than that. It's less about liking skinny chicks and more about not liking fat chicks, which isn't really a preference at all. It's more like: Fat chicks shouldn't exist. No fat chicks, period. Otherwise, why the frik put it on a bumper sticker like that? Why not say "No fat chicks in this car" or something like that (like the big tires sticker)? When those stickers surfaced 25 years ago (? more?)--when the idea of preferring a fat partner was maybe (?) less well-known than it is now--that's what I thought and I still see it that like that. I think they're too absolute, too eliminationist, too blanket, to be viewed any other way.

Try it with other adjectives: No differently-abled chicks; no old chicks; no black chicks; no foreign-born chicks; no Spanish-speaking chicks. It's one of those arguments that betrays, at its core, a desire to eliminate the thing in question.

I am pretty much fine with interpreting a three-word bumper sticker like this, btw. :D Fuck em.

Query: I always imagine it's a man with this on their car. Has anyone run into any women with it?