• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Sewing your own clothes? (Sasha? Anyone?)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knottyknicky

Hips like Cinderella
Hey everyone...

I know some of you around here are pretty crafty and sassy, and was wondering if maybe you could point me in the direction of some good sites/books/resources that would help me start creating my own clothing. I studied fashion design (briefly) when I was 18, but I don't remember anything! Its been about that long since I've sewn, but I'm looking to get back into it, getting so frustrated with the clothes available. The patterns I've found are so oversized and frumpy! BurdaStyle has some great stuff but only NINE patterns in plus sizes, and I don't like half of them. I'm not looking for anything overly complex, but maybe some information on grading normal-size patterns up to a plus size, etc. I saw Vogue Patterns has some designer (gasp!) patterns that go to a size 22ish, but I know pattern sizes are different than real sizes. I'm about a size 24 (around a 22 on top and a 26 on bottom, usually) and am wondering if I can get away with grading a size 22 pattern to fit me. I may have to break down and buy/make a dress form, which wouldn't be the end of the world, but, yeah.

Anyone? Anything? Just to clarify, I'm looking for stuff that is fun, modern, young-ish. I've got a quirky sense of style and don't want giant mumus, oversized tshirts, and elastic pants.

Latest posts

Back