Quantcast

Snuffy wuz a BHM and other reasons you loved Sesame Street--and still do.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

KHayes666

Go away
They're all on youtube. Just do a search for "Grover" and "Waiter" and "Sesame Street".
There;s like 30 of them.....I thought it was one specific scene.

I think the scene I'm thinking of is where the blue head dude is late for a flight and wants a sandwhich.....but its been 20 years so my photogenic memory is a little fuzzy back then.

However I know for a fact there's one line that says beady eyes and big blue head

LoveBHMS

default title
However I know for a fact there's one line that says beady eyes and big blue head
There is! It's the sketch where the blue headed guy orders a cheeseburger and since Waiter Grover doesn't write the order down, blue headed guy is afraid he's going to forget it and bring him the wrong thing. Grover gets offended and points out that he's a trained professional and writing orders down is beneath him, and furthermore, he simply makes up little poems to remember orders. Then the guy says 'well how are you going to remember which order is for me?" and Grover demonstrates his ability to make up poems to recall which order goes with which customer. Since the man has said he's in a hurry, Grover looks at him and notes he'll remember this guy's order because he is "In a hurry to be fed, beady eyes and big blue head."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIzRHlxXgzY&feature=related

bobbleheaddoll

loves her bhm!
i loved street! way back...when mr. hooper was still running the store (rip mr. hooper :really sad:) and everyone thought snuffy was still big bird's imaginary friend. oscar still got to be grouchy, cookie monster still got to eat cookies and my fav character, the count, was the scariest thing i had ever seen. all his creepy bats. lol.

View attachment the-count.jpg

i admit i watched street up until elmo. then it got annoying. the old ones were much better.

BigCutieSteph

I love that book too!! Grover was my favorite as a kid. I bought that book for my son Max and he doesn't get the joy out of it that i did.
Aw, that's too bad :(

I made my Mom read it to me literally every night until I could read it myself.

Have you read the other one? I can't remember what it's called but it's with Grover and Elmo. Not nearly as good but still cute.

Les Toil

"Easy Reader" was a character on "The Electric Company", not "Sesame Street".
Oh, you're right. Well I did love the "wubbi-dubbi" talk on Sesame Street.

"Hub-i frub-ends! Nub-ice dub-ay!"

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
and who could forget...
Rubber Duckie, you're the one
You make bathtime oh so fun
Rubber Duckie I'm awfully fond of youuuuuuu.

KHayes666

Go away
There is! It's the sketch where the blue headed guy orders a cheeseburger and since Waiter Grover doesn't write the order down, blue headed guy is afraid he's going to forget it and bring him the wrong thing. Grover gets offended and points out that he's a trained professional and writing orders down is beneath him, and furthermore, he simply makes up little poems to remember orders. Then the guy says 'well how are you going to remember which order is for me?" and Grover demonstrates his ability to make up poems to recall which order goes with which customer. Since the man has said he's in a hurry, Grover looks at him and notes he'll remember this guy's order because he is "In a hurry to be fed, beady eyes and big blue head."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIzRHlxXgzY&feature=related
Loves, you just made my whole family happy. I showed my parents that and they both laughed. They've been reminding me about that for 20 years and I finally was able to show it to them.

Thank you so much, its like apart of my childhood was revisited for a brief moment.

......AND I DO NOT HAVE BEADY EYES!

LoveBHMS

default title
Oh, you're right. Well I did love the "wubbi-dubbi" talk on Sesame Street.

"Hub-i frub-ends! Nub-ice dub-ay!"
You're gonna hate me for this, but Ubbi Dubbi wasn't from Sesame Street either, it was from "Zoom". Lord I feel so evil messing up all your childhood memories. As i recall, the three shows were on one right after the other every morning, so it makes sense to confuse which show they were on.

Sesame Street was introduced largely to help kids learn basic number/letters and also for urban kids to have a show that reflected their daily life.

KHayes666

Go away
You're gonna hate me for this, but Ubbi Dubbi wasn't from Sesame Street either, it was from "Zoom". Lord I feel so evil messing up all your childhood memories. As i recall, the three shows were on one right after the other every morning, so it makes sense to confuse which show they were on.

Sesame Street was introduced largely to help kids learn basic number/letters and also for urban kids to have a show that reflected their daily life.
don't....ever....mention...Zoom. My sister HOUNDED my family with it, begging us to watch it when she was young.

It made Sesame Street look cool lol

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
And I loved meeting this guy!
Oh my GOSH I want to frame this! I love it. I would LOVE to meet Big Bird.

I used to watch "Follow That Bird" routinely...I love Sesame Street.

I got a new way to walk-- walk, walk.

KHayes666

Go away
Oh my GOSH I want to frame this! I love it. I would LOVE to meet Big Bird.

I used to watch "Follow That Bird" routinely...I love Sesame Street.

I got a new way to walk-- walk, walk.
so THAT'S where that came from.....i should have known.

I used to say that over and over again, never knew where I got it from.

JoyJoy

Sesame Street has been such an integral part of my life - I began watching it from the very beginning (I was 3), watched it religiously until I was around 11, then sporadically after that until I had kids of my own and it became an every day thing again. From a multitude of toys, books, movies, music - Sesame Street was a major part of my childhood and my children's. It's one thing that I hold very nostalgic feelings for and always will. I can spend hours watching old clips on the wonder that is youtube.

One of my most vivid memories was when one of my favorite characters, Mr. Hooper, died (in real life), in 1982. It was a very touchy subject for them to take on, but I'm really glad they aired it, instead of just having him not be there anymore. I was 16 at the time and hadn't been watching it for years, but it felt almost like a family member had died because of the role the character played in my life as a child.

I also had a crush on Bob...used to dream about him being my own dad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOFY52PAPoc&feature=related

When my own kids were very young, we had cassette tapes of Sesame Street music that we listened to regularly. I still remember us dancing around the kitchen listening to those songs. These were two of our favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMAixgo_zJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsjbEWKK8AU&feature=related

And I have to share this, not only because of its brilliance in typical Sesame Street style, but also because it reinforced my love for NPH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDaszN9ByxM

JoyJoy