• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Southern California meet-up is **ON!**: 6 June!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonic Purity

Grateful
Iiiiiitttttssss Happppeninnnnggg!

Where: at Make Music Pasadena

Specifically Where: Pasadena Memorial Park, 85 East Holly Street, Pasadena, California.

Specifically specifically Where: The grassy area visible in the attached photos, along the hedge wall(s). There’s usually a lot of competition for the shady area, but if more than just me shows up and at least one of us is there at any given time, we might be able to hold it. Otherwise, there’s a lot of grassy area, and i’ve yet to see it all anywhere near full.

When: drop-in, circa 11 AM to at least 8 PM. With 30 venues (of which Levitt Pavilion in this park is one) and 150 performances of FREE live music of all sorts of genres, most if not all of us will be coming and going throughout the day. I see this area as a “base camp” meet-up point. I’ll be there from approx. 11 AM to around 12:30 PM, then again a number of times scattered throughout the day, then 7 to about 7:50 PM at least. Who knows?: interesting people may show up and some/many of us might drop live music performance attendance for the meet-up.

At least in my case, i’ll be wearing what i’m wearing in the attached picture of me, including buttons for Dimensions and other sites of our extended fat appreciation community. Just remembered the neapolitan logo… i’ll see if i can get that on me too. No requirement, but anyone else wearing any of these things (or any other symbol distinct to our community) is likely to get an appreciative head nod or a greeting from me.

Getting There: Memorial Park has its own Metro Rail Gold Line station, and it’s a short (under one block) albeit fairly uphill walk from the where the trains exit to the meet-up area. For full details, please refer to Make Music Pasadena’s Transportation page (there’s a link off it to a page with their ideas on parking).

Accessibility: There are restrooms (permanent, not portable) at the park, within sight of the proposed meet-up area, which appear to be ADA-compliant or if not, very close. This is an older park so there are stairs many place, though i did walk a good bit of the grounds and found flat and sloping no-stairs pathways in most directions (definitely to the restrooms and over that way). The whole park is on a hilly slope. Our area is at the north of the park, nearest Walnut St. There appears to be no wheelchair-accessible paths from Walnut into Memorial Park.

This is an all-fatosphere event, being announced here and elsewhere to maximize participation: all genders, all ages, all (and no) sexualities/interests. In addition to the nice, comfy grassy area, Levitt Pavilion tends to be one of the quieter stages, so conversations ought to be possible during the 40-minute performance sets as well as the 20-minute interludes between (and we’re far enough back from the stage that it’s not likely that we’d be disturbing anyone, unless we get really loud. The vast majority of the other stages/venues are within an approximately 4 block walking distance of the park (one which i’m going to frequent is across the street).

Come on out for a great day of live *free* music and good company!

Questions? Comments?: post here or message me.
Note: i do not own any handheld Internet-enable tech (not even a “dumb” mobile phone!), so i won’t be able to coordinate after leaving home the day of the event. If someone else who is for sure planning to attend this event is able and willing to be the day-of electronic communications point of contact, that would be stellar.

See you Saturday!

))Sonic((

View attachment meet-up area.jpg

View attachment Memorial Park bench seating.jpg

View attachment Dressed for Make Music Pasadena.jpg

Latest posts

Back