Sports Illustrated Fattest Model - Hunter McGrady: Morbidly Obese or pleasingly Plump ?!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

waldo

Then, for you the complexity of feminism from the vessel of an untraditional nonwhite, non-heterosexual, non-thincentered view alike Body Positivity are ibcluded amongst these things?

You know, this is important to know by where to strike the very target we dislike while making some social commentary about a broader ideological specteum because this same medium is grouping so many divergent movements that when you just decide to say: "I disike them all" without clarify whom/which and why... the reader may suppose that something is something on something . Just saying.
Your post seems a little incomprehensible to tell you the truth. Like what the hell is "the reader may suppose that something is something on something" supposed to mean??

But I think you are somewhat getting at what I am trying to describe about my problem with fat acceptance having been bundled in with all theses other interest groups. As it is now, to be a good progressive, you must support a variety of issues: feminism (including 'pro'choice'), LGBTQ+, illegal immigration, 'body positivity', etc etc. So while I personally may not have a problem with any of those interest groups, my point is what about those who may have an issue with some of the stuff the progressive left demands you to support? They can not actively support what is remaining of fat acceptance since it threw its lot in with these other social grievances. In contrast as a stand-alone more non-partisan group as it began with NAAFA way back when (although I assume still fairly left leaning), they could draw support from a wider group of people with a stake in the cause but may disagree on other social issues.

waldo

Your post seems a little incomprehensible to tell you the truth. Like what the hell is "the reader may suppose that something is something on something" supposed to mean??

But I think you are somewhat getting at what I am trying to describe about my problem with fat acceptance having been bundled in with all theses other interest groups. As it is now, to be a good progressive, you must support a variety of issues: feminism (including 'pro'choice'), LGBTQ+, illegal immigration, 'body positivity', etc etc. So while I personally may not have a problem with any of those interest groups, my point is what about those who may have an issue with some of the stuff the progressive left demands you to support? These folks can not actively support what is remaining of fat acceptance since it threw its lot in with these other social grievances. In contrast as a stand-alone more non-partisan group as it began with NAAFA way back when (although I assume still fairly left leaning), they could draw support from a wider group of people with a stake in the cause but may disagree with each other on other social issues.

Volt01

VOLKSWAGEN DRIVING SHORTSTACK LOVING BADASS
lets just say i took the issue to my bedroom with me.....

bubba350

She is just beautiful . I think SI took a chance on more men being open to finally admitting that big is beautiful. So many men are just pressured by society and their friends who may not share there preference. SI swim suit issue is just catered to the men readers of their magazine. I don't think they have any social justice in mind just sales.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I think that she's beautiful. She's also very brave, because she must be getting some very negative comments from pachyphobes. Models like her, whether they are male or female, I believe will make a major contributions towards making society more accepting of fat people and fat admirers.

waldo

She is just beautiful . I think SI took a chance on more men being open to finally admitting that big is beautiful. So many men are just pressured by society and their friends who may not share there preference. SI swim suit issue is just catered to the men readers of their magazine. I don't think they have any social justice in mind just sales.
If the plump girls were the only non-conventional models included, I would be more inclined to agree. But while that was the case in the past (started with Ashley Graham is 2016 and Hunter McGrady in 2017), this year they have included a model with the skin condition vitiligo https://www.si.com/swimsuit/model/winnie-harlow-/2019/photos and another who is a Muslim wearing so-called burkini (essentially a neck to ankles bodsuit) https://www.si.com/swimsuit/model/halima-aden/2019/photos
I can't see how either of those are intended to appeal to a male demographic with a particular preference (unlike the big girls with FAs).

Dan DeLeon

waldo,

My actual phrase was "carnival sideshow acts" and "reality TV 'stars'." It was my indelicate way of expressing my preference for . . . "smaller" "plus-sized" women.

I'm getting the vibe that Dimensions is geared towards "SSBBW" and their admirers. If I correctly infer, the club message seems to be not "Am I too big?" but "Am I big enough?"*

Everything is relative. A yacht is bigger than a rowboat. But, put a yacht next to an ocean liner and it's "small."

Hey, whatever floats your boat. It's all good, as far as I'm concerned. Different strokes, etc. But, it's rather a shame, methinks, when a subculture that is ostracized and rejected by "mainstream" culture imposes exclusionary restrictions and itself ostracizes and rejects "its own."

* Or to get "intersectional," it's kinda like light-skinned vs. dark-skinned (Are you black enough?), Orthodox vs. Reformed (Are you Jewish enough?), and right-wing vs. left-wing (Are you 'Murriken enough?).

wrenchboy

First and foremost, Hunter McGrady is just plain beautiful! Her size is irrelevant. There is no getting around that fact that she is physically pleasing to the eye. People who are anti-fat, fat haters, fat shamers, or even fat attackers can agree that she is one of the most alluring women on the planet. Why is it that when someone who happens to be larger than average size makes it, it has to be called a political correctness stunt? How do some people get to be so full of themselves that the natural order of things does not apply to them?

Do you realize how long it takes to shift the societal mindset concerning long held beliefs in this country? This world? Do us all a favor and hearken back on any of the issues of bygone days and think how long it took to change them. Racial issues, gender equality, sexual identity. How long did it take for those things to be recognized, argued/debated, brought to the fore, championed, martyred, and finally show some fruition? Years? Decades? Centuries?

Why would anybody who considers themselves FA/FFA/BBW/SSBBW/BHM/SSBHM have a dispute with one of their own making headway, especially in the entertainment world? Or worse yet, why does someone feel the need to apply a negative label to those who, with obvious foresight, have provided an avenue for plus-size models and performers to be visible, celebrated, and successful? I don't get it. A voice is a voice. No matter how or where it comes from, it's still heard. Do you want people of size to be represented or not? Baby steps. Everything is baby steps.

As long as there are larger-than-life people who have the skill, confidence, and fortitude to step out in front of a camera and take the world head on, I'm going to be a fan. So all of the Ashley Grahams, Robyn Lawleys, Tabria Majors', Tess Holidays, and Danika Brishas in the world will have at least one fan who is not going to question how they made it. And I don't care how they got where they are or who gave them their shot. I'm just glad they did.

* I am now OFF my soapbox*
I agree that Hunter is very beautiful she is not a twig like most SI models.
But not really my type. She is way too tall for me and not fat enough for my personal taste.
I do give her and other women like her props for putting herself out there to face the haters.
By the way check out her body paint shoot. Very nice. Apparently SI likes her enough to have her in now her 3rd issue.
And thanks BEK for the names of the other models. I will have to look them up.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
waldo,

My actual phrase was "carnival sideshow acts" and "reality TV 'stars'." It was my indelicate way of expressing my preference for . . . "smaller" "plus-sized" women.

I'm getting the vibe that Dimensions is geared towards "SSBBW" and their admirers. If I correctly infer, the club message seems to be not "Am I too big?" but "Am I big enough?"*

Everything is relative. A yacht is bigger than a rowboat. But, put a yacht next to an ocean liner and it's "small."

Hey, whatever floats your boat. It's all good, as far as I'm concerned. Different strokes, etc. But, it's rather a shame, methinks, when a subculture that is ostracized and rejected by "mainstream" culture imposes exclusionary restrictions and itself ostracizes and rejects "its own."

* Or to get "intersectional," it's kinda like light-skinned vs. dark-skinned (Are you black enough?), Orthodox vs. Reformed (Are you Jewish enough?), and right-wing vs. left-wing (Are you 'Murriken enough?).

Your carnival references are offensive. That is fat shaming, fat hate and there is no way around it. If the only way you can describe your preference for a smaller bbw is by shaming those that are not that size then you are going to find it hard to fit in anywhere.

I am not interested in your “woe is me” story that you are not welcome because Dimensions is only about the SSBBW. I am not rejecting my own, I am telling you that your fat hate and fat shaming is what is going to put you on the other side of the fence.

There are a million other ways for you to have expressed your like for the smaller Bbw. You chose the wrong way.

I’m also going to put my moderator hat on for a moment and let everyone know that fat hate, fat phobia or fat shaming of the kind being discussed is not allowed.

Last edited:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I think the references to the body positivity movement are interesting. Because I absolutely agree with the idea - that we should be happy and comfortable in our bodies no matter what the size - but to hear that it has been taken over by people that place 'limits' on how fat you can be and have this apply really saddens me. Without exception, you all deserve to feel happy and at home in your bodies.

John Smith

But I think you are somewhat getting at what I am trying to describe about my problem with fat acceptance having been bundled in with all theses other interest groups. As it is now, to be a good progressive, you must support a variety of issues: feminism (including 'pro'choice'), LGBTQ+, illegal immigration, 'body positivity', etc etc. So while I personally may not have a problem with any of those interest groups, my point is what about those who may have an issue with some of the stuff the progressive left demands you to support? They can not actively support what is remaining of fat acceptance since it threw its lot in with these other social grievances. In contrast as a stand-alone more non-partisan group as it began with NAAFA way back when (although I assume still fairly left leaning), they could draw support from a wider group of people with a stake in the cause but may disagree on other social issues.
I think you'd figured out pretty what I mean, because you clarified it. I gonma be straightfprward in my analysis and it seems like your very issue is less about what Body Positivity stand for or not, then more about you labelling the said movement to belong from a clive of the political spectrum that veers to favor... well, what? Equal rights? Better policy over the firearms and their trading? Medical care? Taxing the riches? Or reform the immigration control system so that the prosperity might no longer behold the vision of children stripped off from their families and stocked up like animals into concentration camps by government-led agencies that has less in common with the police and more with the Gestapo? Matter of point, what'a the proper definition of "illegal immigration" when the said country in matter has been founded then prospered on the behalf of illegal immigrants and people taken in slavery by force (and I haven't mentioned the fact the current head of that very State is actually the son and greatchild of illegal immigrants, married twice to illegal immigrants and been notorious for its use of illegal immigrants as mass workers these past decades as a business empire C.E.O.??) ? Especially when the issue encompasses the underrated subtopic about native American groupings and their descendants migrating and pelegrinating inside their respective ancestral homelands?

Little to none of these social or legislative issues touch the principles behind Body Positivism. As much putting on a same basket Reaganism with Nazism, or G.o.T. along the Dune Saga and Tolkien Legendarium...

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
But not really my type. She is way too tall for me and not fat enough for my personal taste.
I fully support people having preferences. But I've never, never-ever, met the woman that was "way too tall for me". And I'm only 5'7".

wrenchboy

Before we met my wife was at a bbw event and a dwarf(sorry if that is not the correct term)asked my wife if he could climb her! He meant it as humor and she replied " I do have some big mountains!"

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
I had always assumed that I was normal in my desire for taller women or rather my lack of fear in approaching them. But as I've gotten older and have met tons of people, I've noticed that many guys my height are reluctant to attempt such things. I've deduced that for me, my courage in the face of height differences comes off as confidence to some women. And as we all know, confidence is attractive to many. So, now that I'm back "out there" so to speak, I should bring along my confidence for the ride. Now if I can only find it in this dang, cluttered closet!Cluttered-Closet-e1395504208416.jpg

Dan DeLeon

I share BigEletricKat's desire for tall women.

Amazon_Amanda.jpg Amazon_Blythe.jpg
I'm taller than BEK, but shorter than the all-important, minimum height of six feet yearned for by most women. My single attempt to date a gal taller than I was an embarrassing, miserable failure. She simply wasn't interested. Like almost all women, she required a man who was taller than she.

Must be some biological, congenital, female need (the tired, ol' hunter-gatherer thang). Yawn!

I always get a "kick" out of "Amazonian" gals who yearn for a taller, bigger, stronger man so that they can feel "safe and protected."

Honey, you're 6'6" and built like a Sherman Tank! Give up on the dream of being carried across the marital threshold, already! Yeeesh!

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Just about every girlfriend I've had from the age of 28 has been taller than me (I am now 55). My now ex-wife was 5'10". We were married 22 years. My girlfriend before I met her was 6'0". Perhaps my success with the tall ladies has something to do with my body type at the time or maybe just because I'm scary looking they felt safe and protected?

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
A lot of women prefer taller partners but not all of them do. It's the same as any other preference.

For what it is worth, I prefer shorter guys. BEK, you are the same height as my boyfriend, and that's perfect to me! My ex fiancee was around that height too. I'm actually not into really tall guys all that much as I'm only 5'2 and don't want to be constantly straining my neck trying to talk to somebody a foot taller than me. Also, shorter guys are cute and adorable!

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
A lot of women prefer taller partners but not all of them do. It's the same as any other preference.

For what it is worth, I prefer shorter guys. BEK, you are the same height as my boyfriend, and that's perfect to me! My ex fiancee was around that height too. I'm actually not into really tall guys all that much as I'm only 5'2 and don't want to be constantly straining my neck trying to talk to somebody a foot taller than me. Also, shorter guys are cute and adorable!
I agree. Everyone has preferences. I've found that many taller women will find themselves attracted to shorter guys but won't date them for a couple reasons:
  1. They feel obligated to date someone their height or taller based on societal norms.
  2. They are somewhat shy/introverted and don't like the attention the size contrast brings.
  3. They may like a shorter guy but feel obligated to make tall babies.
I know that's more than a couple.

So, as I've gotten older, I am less concerned with a person's height and more about their heart. And I can honestly say that I find shorter women just as attractive as their taller counterparts. Sometimes there is so much fun packed into those lovely, smaller packages!:p

Latest posts