• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

SSBBW in the Workplace

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatAndProud

I thought about making this in the 'Supersize Issues' thread but I thought against it...The reason being is because I need pretty much everyone's opinion because it's bothering me.

Recently, I've been busy getting my things together; school, a job, and charity work. I feel I work so hard to be something good, but then there's the haters. The haters that always bring me down from my cloud 9! I try to ignore them but man, is it hard sometimes!

I was taking my grandparents to the Urologist (my grandpa is having bladder problems after his surgery a couple of days ago....he's 86. we're all worried..) and this woman (older...late 70's, early 80's) was talking to my grandparents in the waiting room. I was sitting further away from my grandparents because I was just reading a magazine. This older woman must've thought I was separate from them...ANYWAYS, my grandpa went into the Dr. and I was waiting for my grandma to come back, so I sat down again. The woman said to her husband, IN A LOUD OUTDOOR VOICE, "God, how much do you think that one over there weighs? I cannot imagine Jimmy Simmons (or something, I have no clue who that is) at 450lbs!" And I looked at her......ignored it. Then I saw my grandma walking toward me...and then the woman said, "Oh! I bet she's nothing more than 70lbs! I'm a healthy 106lbs!" and that's when I lost it. I said to the woman, "Ma'am if you're going to talk ignorant about people, please do it so I don't have to hear it. Thanks." and that's when she became mega bitch and I walked out. I would've said worse, but I don't cuss in front of my Grandma!!!! lol

Ok, and now...Onto what is really bugging me....I recently started a job working in Dietary at a nursing home. It's hard work. Not gonna lie. I know this. My weight does affect my performance. Ok, whatever. But recently, someone saw me use my foot to get one of these trays (like a lunch tray) off of a cart.... because it's difficult to bend over and get it...they told my boss about it...and my boss asked me if I wanted a back brace? Fuck no I don't. I just know what I can and cannot do. I've been fat all my life. I mean, gosh. I know I shouldn't put my foot on the tray...but I was cleaning it...that's why I was grabbing the tray...and I clean the cart. So what's the big deal? Plus, I hate getting uniforms. I'm fat. scrubs + fat girl = hell.

Guys, I'm sad right now :(

Latest posts

Back