SSBBWs welcome only in R rated media

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by Super Fan, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Apr 11, 2019 #1

Super Fan

Super Fan

Super Fan

As a SSBBW fan, I thought I was alone until I was 14 and went into a 42nd street 18 and over magazine & video shop. I was shocked to find magazines & videos featuring + 500 pound ultra beauties calling them Goddesses. In the mainstream media publications most of the models were size 2 and under. A person who prefers thin girls is surrounded by scantily clad women in ads selling merchandise, TV and movies have thin girls prancing around in short skirts, lingerie & two piece bathing suits.

The SSBBWs are only shone in a negative way on weight loss programs that tell them that super overweight people should get expensive risky weight loss surgery. It is a sad state of affairs when the only media that gives you a break is R or X rated but it is much better than nothing.

Colonial Warrior likes this.
  2. Apr 11, 2019 #2

Killexia

Killexia

Killexia

I dunno if I can be thankful that it is better than nothing. Being fat has nothing to do with personality just like being gay doesn't make a person more talented.

Skinny and average people aren't stuck in the fringes. Fat people shouldn't either just because we are carrying more skin and fat than others. Fat shouldn't define a person.

kgknight and Super Fan like this.
  3. Apr 11, 2019 #3

Super Fan

Super Fan

Super Fan

Killexia, well yea looks alone don't define a person. When I was a teen, before I knew about other men preferring SSBBWs I thought I was a freak. So I was in the closet about my preference. I dated the chubbiest girls that I thought I could get away with. Then I read some of the SSBBW magazines and knew that my taste was way more common than I imagined. I remember the night that I went to a school dance and decided that it is my life so I met the most attractive SSBBW at the dance.

I came out of the closet and it was the most wonderful experience of my life. So yea, fat does not define the person but the thrillingness of fat is a super turn on to guys like me. One of my high school friends was an in the closet gay. We talked about my preference and he told me that he experienced many of the same things that I did so being gay and being an FA have some similarities.

Broseph, waldo and Killexia like this.
  4. Apr 11, 2019 #4

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent? Staff Member Global Moderator

You realize that this type of treatment is cyclical in nature and has happened to every minority group throughout the history of this country. Remember when being gay was only associated with sex and coming out was taboo? Most here aren't old enough to remember when being a mixed race couple was treated the same way (sometimes worse in certain parts of the country). And that was also treated as a sexual deviation. And now, the moral majority seems to be trying to keep being fat down while other more enlightened folks are at least making it be about health instead of judging our character based on our size. If you feel good and are happy with your weight then live like you want to. That's what I say.
    As from the above examples, it takes a long time to change the public perception of certain things. We need for folks who have higher weight considerations to remain positive and in the public eye. Let them know we are people, we have feelings, and that we're not all a bunch of slovenly, lazy, heart attacks waiting to happen. When we change and stop looking at all the negative stereotypes maybe they will start to change as well. Change doesn't happen overnight.

Broseph, Sidhuriel, waldo and 3 others like this.
  5. Apr 12, 2019 #5

waldo

waldo

waldo

Yes the analogies with homosexuality are very strong. As you mentioned in the statement that I highlighted, homosexuality was formerly mostly associated with sex, but now is widely accepted to have a substantial emotional component. As FAs, we have the same character to our 'preference' in that there is both a physical attraction along with an emotional aspect (we feel a certain fulfillment from having a fat lover beyond the physical aspect). The biggest problem continues to be a two-fold conundrum: closet FAs who only want to use fat women to 'get their rocks off' and fat women (and men) who have a hard time reconciling the FA experience (often exacerbated by closet/a##hole cases).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Broseph and Blockierer like this.
  6. Apr 12, 2019 #6

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

Some good news is that a lot of commercials now portray chubby and plus size women in everyday roles. They’re just regular women buying cars, food, feminine products, etc. I’ve noticed a few such commercials. I need to start taking note of what those adds are for and linking them here.

I share a lot of these frustrations about the way plus size people are treated, but it’s not all bad news either. There are slow gains being had.

7. Sep 17, 2019 #7

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

It's part of the fat stigma: " Your fatness was a matter of choice," "You are fat, you are ugly," and "You can loose weight if you will."

The only results it yields are: 1) This society's negative portrayal of fatness as a guilty pleasure. 2) To full up the bank accounts of the weight loss industry.

Sidhuriel likes this.