• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Sun protection - clothing and sunblock/sunscreen

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

No longer a member
I've got sun protection on my mind lately. Has anyone tried any of the sun protective clothing that's available? It's something I've never really considered, and I'm wondering if it's useful. For instance, this site sells t-shirts (up to a 6x) that provide an SPF of 40-50, whereas a typical 100% cotton t-shirt has an SPF of 4 to 10. Sun protective clothing could be handy if you want lots of protection and have reach issues that don't allow you to apply enough sunblock all over. I hope to find lightweight items, too. T-shirts can be too much of really hot days at the beach.

I got a bad sunburn last year, another one this weekend (arms and upper chest only), and I'm determined not to let this happen again.

Secondly, does anyone recommend a particular sunscreen or sunblock that they find works really well? I look for broad spectrum UVA/UVB, PABA=free protection, but I'd like others' feedback on products they like.

I gotta buy myself a big, floppy brimmed hat now.

Latest posts

Back