Quantcast

Super Sized Surprises?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LarryTheNoodleGuy

Is there anything about being fat that most thin people don't realize or that you weren't aware of until you became larger or became intimately acquainted with a large person?
Good question!

1. You don't leap up out of chairs unless something's on fire, or you have to go to the bathroom.
2. If a song comes on your audio system that you absolutely hate, you automatically try to calculate if it's worth the effort to get up and turn it off, or wait the three minutes and let it end by itself.
3. If there is a knock at the door, you're more likely to shout "Who is it?" than get up and see. Same goes for if your phone isn't within reach - you're more likely to let it ring.
4. If you miss the garbage can with a scrunched-up piece of paper, that paper just might lay there for a bit. Ok, maybe a few weeks. :)
5. If you're an enlightened fattie who doesn't self-reproach about your weight, it really shocks some skinnies. Aren't you supposed to always be dieting???? How can you POSSIBLY be ok with your appearance?
6. (Not true for everyone) You honestly think it looks great...you love the heaviness, the size, the shape, the jiggle.
7. There are people who are sexually attracted to fat people and they're not all "sick," or "chubby chasers" or manevolent feeders bent on making you 4,000 pounds and imprisoning you.
8. You're fine, absolutely fine, with your weight. Sure, you don't want any medical complications, but other than that, nothing needs changing here.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Fair enough -- I like a little alliteration too :)

I think the two classic ones that every bigger person knows about but most thin people don't is how limited the clothing selection can be, and thigh rub.

But for me, a few others are:
- How much more difficult it is to get fully dry, when you have more areas where flesh presses against flesh, preventing air drying.
- Back-pack straps can chafe, because they are squeezed between thick arms and side-fat rolls
- (as a guy) it can be really hard to keep pants up when your waist is bigger than your hips!
- Your shirt will catch any food/drink that you drop/drip, so you will stain a lot more clothes
- Safety helmet straps are not always long enough to go around chubby faces and double chins (especially if you have a big head in the first place)
- Carrying heavy boxes is a lot more tiring if you have a belly, because you can't hold the box as close to your body (plus you are moving more weight in general)
- Bending over can make it hard to breath, and can be work if you are having to compress a belly. So things like scrubbing a floor or packing up boxes can be extra tiring
- Despite their size, fat people can be quite invisible, such as when trying to get help at stores
- Rough roads can be a lot of fun if they make your fat jiggle
- When getting your back scratched, having a fat roll on your back makes it easier to give directions on exactly where the itchy spot is
- Fat sex is amazing!

Munchausen

Dedicated Amateur
Insightful tidbits, everybody. Thanks for posting.

3. If there is a knock at the door, you're more likely to shout "Who is it?" than get up and see. Same goes for if your phone isn't within reach - you're more likely to let it ring.
Not going to lie, I laughed a little before I finished reading the part about phones. I very much expected you to say that you would also call out "Who is it?" to a ringing phone. I want to do that fairly often.

- (as a guy) it can be really hard to keep pants up when your waist is bigger than your hips!
I'm not very big, but that one gave me pause. I would go nuts. I already can't stand how low-rise most readily available pants are for skinny people. I imagine the problem is exacerbated by variance among body shapes. Are there any simple solutions to this problem that you've found?

SSBHM

I wonder if there is any way for a thin person to fully appreciate how much a fat person likes feeling fat - the way your belly sticks out makes you happy and aroused; how good overeating feels when you have very very big belly; or, how good it feels to get a tummy rub. :)

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I'm not very big, but that one gave me pause. I would go nuts. I already can't stand how low-rise most readily available pants are for skinny people. I imagine the problem is exacerbated by variance among body shapes. Are there any simple solutions to this problem that you've found?
For me, lower rise pants are actually better. Those I can do under most of my belly and just above my butt, where there is a spot that I can get things to stay in place. The higher the rise, the more they just fall down -- and they won't stop at that point where low rise pants will sit because they have to be looser if they are sitting that far up my belly, so once they start dropping they can fall right off :eek: Of course I could just position higher rise pants at that one half-decent spot, but then the crotch is half way down my thighs and the cuffs are dragging on the floor. (this might be easier for taller guys, who might be able to go down a leg length and just wear things low, but I'm only 173cm (5'8" and a smidge), and proportionately shorter in the waist and legs, so I'm already buy a 30" leg, as short as most stores carry).

Of course, nobody actually lists the rise on pants. So I try on style after style trying to find the ones that give me the least issues. At the start of Covid lockdown I mail ordered a pair of looser jeans because I badly needed something looser and the stores were all shut, and they ended up being relatively high rise and do not stay up on me at all well. They are comfy for sitting in front of the computer when working from home, but if I go out for a walk I'm pulling them up every ninety seconds.

The simple solution would clearly be to just wear suspenders, but I really hate drawing attention to myself so generally dress to blend in, while suspenders are seen rarely enough that they would be more inclined to draw attention. Plus my wife's prefered solution to my issue would be for me to lose some weight, so I suspect making that switch would be a point of contention on the domestic front as it would constantly draw attention to my belly still being very much there.

Munchausen

Dedicated Amateur
Of course, nobody actually lists the rise on pants.
A significant amount of women's brands have started listing the rise of their pants (correct me if that's not true). That seems like a pretty logical thing to do with men's pants as well. Shame that they don't.

The simple solution would clearly be to just wear suspenders, but I really hate drawing attention to myself so generally dress to blend in, while suspenders are seen rarely enough that they would be more inclined to draw attention.
I hear that. People are super weird about clothing. Deviate even just a bit from local norms and the looks start pouring in.

Anyway, thanks @Tad for teaching me some stuff. :)

Reactions: Tad

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
They probably aren’t aware how solid fat can be, snd how it can’t all smush out of the way. It can certainly be manipulated, but it can still impede movement and flexibility.

Latest posts