The daily exercise report thread!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
I can't even get on that damn machine, I'm too short...lol. Butch has tried pushing me up from behind, no go!! It's a cool machine though

Thanks I'll try that! I know which machine you are talking about, I've tried it a couple of times but it feels so awkward to me that I end up getting off of it just a few minutes after starting.

We have this stair climbing machine at the gym that I plan on using soon. It looks like its actually stairs that move. Only thing is that the bottom stair disappears! I can just see myself not being able to do it fast enough and falling right off when the bottom one goes under.

Carrie

lol Risible... so the part about video games and Kegels were inappropriate for a health forum in re: to exercise? It was meant in jest.
This is particularly funny to me, because just the other day my physical therapist was telling me that Kegels are an important part of core-strengthening work, for my lower back. So yeah, they should count as exercise, according to my PT.

You're still a perv, though, Shar. :batting:

Actor4hire

I hit up Disneyland today with the fam. Walked my ass off!! (I also ate my ass off)

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
My routine is a (strength,cardiovascular and functional workout). I like to change things around so to prevent boredom and staleness.... This is what I did today

Tony's (Cardiovascular/Strength) routine

Now the workout studio is medium size and the Dumbbells I use are 45 lbs apiece. The Squat & Press alone is a full body workout. I like Compound Movements since you get to kill two movements in one and allow for a nice Abbreviated Workout.

===================================
30 minutes (Run/Weightlifting Program)

Run 10 laps
10 reps Dumbbell Squat & Press
Run 10 Laps
10 Reps Dumbbell Shrug & Hammercurl
Run 10 Laps
10 reps Stability Ball or Swiss Ball - Alternate Dumbbell Bench Press
Run 10 Laps
10 reps Dumbbell Squat & Press

Repeat the Sequence stop at 30 minutes

==================================

As I sit and write this my lower back is definitely feeling the effects of the workout- in a good way. :)

Youtube Clips of Dumbbell Exercises

** Squat & Press nice full body exercise

Dumbbell Squat & Press

---------------------------------------------------------------------

*** I do a compound movements with the Shrugs and Hammer Curl.
I first do the Shrug - Then the Hammer Cur
l

Dumbbell Shrug

Dumbbell Hammercurl

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*** I use an alternate movement for the Bench Presses

Stability Ball Dumbbell Bench Presses

lypeaches

No trip to the gym yesterday, so I did a workout at home with my newly purchased dumbells...

35 minutes of mixed stuff, squats, crunches, assorted weight exercises. I'm lame, I don't know the names of most of the exercises, I just do them.

Carrie

Swimming again this morning, with a few new exercises my prior PT taught me.

I'm not very good at updating this thread daily. :blush:

wistful

I'm posting here because I would love to see this thread continue..I managed to do about 11 1/2 minutes of my walking video and I'm pushing myself to move around to music when I have the chance.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
I'm posting here because I would love to see this thread continue..I managed to do about 11 1/2 minutes of my walking video and I'm pushing myself to move around to music when I have the chance.

Good for you - and as long as you are enjoying the workout that's the best thing :)

As for me: Light Workout Yesterday - some stretches for the lower back & shoulder exercises with the bands or tubes.

15 min- lower back stretch on Swiss Ball
Touch touching (slow 10 reps)
Good Mornings 10 reps
Some more stretches for the back
Tube (band Exercises) for Shoulders and Upper back.

First, I used my bullworker. 3-4 exercises per muscle group. Today was upper body minus arms.

After that I threw on my new short narrow weighted vest. I put in twenty pounds (Max is 50; ULTRA MAX is 100 pounds with a 50 pound attachment [Which I don't have yet]). I ran/walked a little over three miles, came back, and ran up to the third floor from the first four times.

I'm drenched in sweat, and I LIKE IT. ;)

lypeaches

Wednesday...40 minutes of assorted floor exercises, weights

Thursday.... 50 minutes on the treadmill

lypeaches

Way to go Wistful!!

Uhm...let's see...skipped workout yesterday...but I did got to both Costco and Stew Leonards, so that counts for a little bit of walking!!

This morning, I did my home workout, 40 minutes of weights and floor exercises. Have to say, I normally workout in the afternoon or evening, and I MUCH prefer it. My morning muscles just aren't the same, it seemed much harder. Don't think I'll do that again, unless I have to. Anyone else experience that?

Way to go Wistful!!

Uhm...let's see...skipped workout yesterday...but I did got to both Costco and Stew Leonards, so that counts for a little bit of walking!!

This morning, I did my home workout, 40 minutes of weights and floor exercises. Have to say, I normally workout in the afternoon or evening, and I MUCH prefer it. My morning muscles just aren't the same, it seemed much harder. Don't think I'll do that again, unless I have to. Anyone else experience that?

Definitely. I tend to warm up really well which helps I suppose. I've worked out as early as 3 am, and as late a 11 pm (Not that those are common though :p).

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
I bonked my head on the bottom of the pool last weekend and took that to mean that maybe I needed a break. So I cooled it down last week and didn't do much.

Out of town this weekend but the hotel has a fitness room. Decided since I was the only one in there this morning that I would try to run, it felt kinda odd but I managed to do it. Only went for a few minutes though as it was really loud and echoing, its on the second floor so I'm sure the people underneath me thought the ceiling was going to fall in on them.

Did 90 minutes on the elliptical, will go swimming a little later.

Actor4hire

Did the Revlon Run/Walk for a cure today. Ran/Jogged/Walked 5k.

Glad everybody is still working out!! Keep it going!

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
I am a SPIN class Junkie....I used to have a personal trainer and lifted 2x a week...but that was a long time ago...

heading out to 45-55 minute hard core spin class at 9:15...I just dont have the energy to lift after that....I need to motivate to start lifting again...

I start a biggest loser competition tomorrow at my company....and it's only 8 weeks.so no huge goals there...but i have some long term goals....I am pushing towards :p

Carrie

Swam/did my aqua workout on Friday, goofed off yesterday, and went for a walk at the park this morning. Yay!

Latest posts