• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Fat Girl Meets the Parents

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallFatSue

The other night I happened to watch the animated sitcom "American Dad" -- first time I've ever seen it. In that episode, Son falls in love with a Fat Girl, and Dad has a conniption fit when he sees her. Mom and Sis think Dad is over-reacting, and Son breaks up with the Fat Girl to please Dad. Eventually Son realizes he loves the Fat Girl too much to be without her, and Dad will just have to live with that. There were plenty of well-placed barbs at both fat-phobia and anorexia. All in all it was pretty well done, considering that the show was over-the-top about absolutely everything. There was also a pretty cool make-out scene, with the Fat Girl on top of the Son. The writers knew their FA terminology too, like "back fat".

That episode made me ask Art what his parents thought when they first laid eyes on me. Did he "warn" them in advance I was fat? Art said his parents asked him "So, what's Sue like?" and he told them I was rather thin and spotty with a long nose and bandy legs and nasty unpolished plywood teeth, and bad breath, and a rare foot disease. Immediately I put Art in a headlock and persuded him to tell me what he *really* said. He told them I was 20 years old (he was 18 then), very smart, witty and pretty, and clean too (methinks one of his ex-girlfriends was a scrawny greaser). He also mentioned that I was tall and very fat, so not to be surprised by my size. "Oh? How fat is she?" About 350lb, and she's 6ft tall. "Is she healthy? Can she get around all right?" Yes, she's fine. "Okay, Art, as long as you like her, we'll probably like her too." As I've mentioned elsewhere, Art didn't like fat girls when we first met, so I know his parents were surprised that he fell in love with the fattest girl he ever met. ;)

I remember being a trifle scared the first time I met Art's parents, that maybe they'd stare at my belly or make me sit in a rickety little chair that could hardly support its own weight, let alone mine. But they put me at ease right away, and let me sit in a nice big comfy chair that didn't break apart or swallow me. They did watch how I moved, but Art did that all the time too as he got used to having an obese girlfriend. And of course the evening wasn't complete without me getting a case of nervous hiccups once or twice. During the visit Art's parents asked a couple questions about my weight, but my impression was that they simply wanted to get to know me better, without being judgemental. Very refreshing. :)

Now I'm kinda curious what experiences some of you have had, when you first met your boyfriend's / husband's parents?

Latest posts

Back