• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The flavors of the seven deadly sins...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweet&fat

My aim is true.
I was going through some old photo cds and found some pics from a few years ago when I was living in Cologne researching for my diss... spending long days in the archives. Among this madness I got the idea in my head that I had to check out the new special edition Magnum ice cream bars (like Dove bars in the US) of the Seven Deadly Sins... one bar for each sin. Not knowing it was an Australian turned European ad campaign, I became fascinated by what flavors/colors the Germans would associate with each sin (jealously, vanity, lust, gluttony, greed, sloth and revenge). So a friend and I went all around town one day looking for all seven and eating them as we went along, documenting the process. Thought I'd share the results. Why? It's Christmas, I don't celebrate it, and I think I'm just reminiscing about a lovely warm day eating lots of ice cream! :D Did anyone else try these bars? Some of them were very clever, and others fell entirely flat. Hard to pick what to do instead...

Lust came first- vanilla ice cream with a pink colored chocolate shell. Excuse me? Lust? Vanilla? Don't think so.

Greed was also very blah- coffee ice cream, sort of tiramisu-flavored, milk chocolate shell with nuts. (how is that greed??)

Jealousy was bits of pistachio in a dark chocolate shell over pistachio ice cream. Green, which should have been my first clue that these bars weren't German, as Germans become "gelb vor Neid" (yellow with envy).

Gluttony was very worth the search- rich, dark chocolate ice cream with a layer of milk chocolate AND a white chocolate outside layer. :eat2:

Vanity was fascinating- a creamy ice cream that tasted like cupcake batter with a white chocolate shell studded with those little silver sugar balls... it was tasty and we looked damn attractive eating it.

Revenge was vanilla ice cream streaked with bright red swirls of cherry and a dark chocolate shell.

Sloth, ironically, was the only bar we couldn't find- apparently it's vanilla ice cream with a caramel core, with a milk chocolate and peanut shell. Oh, sloth, why did you evade me?

Anyway, that's my trip down memory lane... yum.

Latest posts

Back