The Good Ole' Days...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
Nowadays you can't even get 4 things off of the dollar menu for $4 because you have to figure in tax too!
My mom always likes to tell me how "back in the day" when I was a kid she used to go shopping for the whole family (4 of us) for a week and it was about $25 and she would have like 4 full bags of food!

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
I actually remember cheeseburgers at McDonald's costing $.49! But that was in the 70's...lol!

As for groceries, eeeeek! I spend about $150/week for 3 of us. Definitely not the good ole' days anymore!

MLadyJ

I feel REALLY old now...I remember 11cent fries 11 cent hamburgers and 15 cent cheeseburgers ...sorry can't locate the cent sign on my puter.. and *sigh* I remember paying 29 cents a gallon for gas...LOL I guess I really AM old.:eek:

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
I feel REALLY old now...I remember 11cent fries 11 cent hamburgers and 15 cent cheeseburgers ...sorry can't locate the cent sign on my puter.. and *sigh* I remember paying 29 cents a gallon for gas...LOL I guess I really AM old.:eek:
Awwww...:) Well, I remember when gas was $.89 a gallon! BTW, you're only as old as you feel! ;)

altered states

señor member
If they start deep frying the apple pies again at McDonalds, all will be forgiven, price-wise.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
And i go thinking $20 to feed my family is one cheap meal.
I too remember gas was .89 a gallon. Back in 1998 it dropped down that far for about five minutes :D

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
And i go thinking $20 to feed my family is one cheap meal.
I too remember gas was .89 a gallon. Back in 1998 it dropped down that far for about five minutes :D
I know! For 3 of us it costs about $16.00 and that just the basics! A happy meal for Luke, and basic combo meals for Brian and I...sigh..."the good ole' days"!

Mindee

I actually remember cheeseburgers at McDonald's costing $.49! But that was in the 70's...lol!

As for groceries, eeeeek! I spend about $150/week for 3 of us. Definitely not the good ole' days anymore!
You're still a baby...I remember them when the burgers were 15 cents and the cheeseburgers were 19 cents. Coke was a dime and a shake was a quarter. But then again, I also remember gas when it was 31 cents.

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
i dont remember how much anything ever costs, but this thread really makes me want a Quarter Pounder.

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
I know two other people besides myself who used to go to McDonald's JUST to get those pies! I like their fries, too, but not enough to justify a trip.
We have a McDonald's right around the corner and my husband always stop for fries and an iced coffee~! I love the pumpkin pies too! YUM!

qwertyman173

Andy from UK
Here they are having trouble keeping any burger under £1 (~$2). The end of an era :mad:

Latest posts