Quantcast

The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I am so annoyed with the rude ass people in my town. I live in a small town of 1,000 people and every business is filled with people who have no basic understanding of customer service. I just called the the village to speak to them about an adjustment to my water bill and the old bitch was rude and hung up on me. Second day in a row I have been hung up on. ,

Rojodi

The American Family Association deflecting from Rep. Todd Akins comments and attacking the "liberal" media!! Seriously?

Rojodi

OMFG! When at Starbucks, step UP to the counter when you're ready to order. Don't fucking stand 3 feet away from it and then be a rude douche when someone "cuts" in front of you! "I was waiting for her," is NOT an answer to the question, "I saw you just standing there. Was I to assume you were ready?"

The over-60 and under 18 crowd yes, but you seem educated and come from priviledge - yeah we saw your NEW Audi - in the parking lot. So please don't be an ass because you had to get out and come into the store because the drive-thru speaker is broken - a drunk hit it around 2 this morning.

WVMountainrear

Poster formerly known as lovelylady78
My stupid eyes are watering just watching that makeup tutorial! In fact, I think my eyes water around 50% of my time...they seem to be sensitive to everything.

Micara

Living and Learning
My stupid eyes are watering just watching that makeup tutorial! In fact, I think my eyes water around 50% of my time...they seem to be sensitive to everything.

I know what you mean- my eyes are so bad that I can't even put my makeup on until I get to work and my allergy meds kick in. :(

WVMountainrear

Poster formerly known as lovelylady78
I know what you mean- my eyes are so bad that I can't even put my makeup on until I get to work and my allergy meds kick in. :(
My eyes water every morning when I first wake up. They water right after I put makeup on. (I know all of the best waterproof mascaras!) They'll water once I get outside if the sun's too bright or the wind is blowing. (Sunglasses help only some of the time.) Sometimes the air conditioner in the car makes them water...I have to be careful the vents aren't pointed toward my head (when it's really hot, though, cost/benefit analysis dictates that my eyes water rather than I'm a hot, sweaty mess about my head and shoulders). When I get out of the car once I'm at work, I have the sun/wind problem all over again. At work, if I look at the computer for too long in one sitting, they water. And then, of course, you have the allergy/pollen issues on top of all of that everyday stuff, so I could be leaking from the eyes all day. My legal assistant, colleagues, and friends have all gotten used to this so they don't automatically see me and think I'm crying and freak out to ask me what's wrong...they just know I water. :) My REALLY good friends can easily tell the difference between a cry and a water anyway.

Oh- and, as described above, they'll sympathy water if I see another person whose eyes are watering or who's doing something that I think should make their eyes water and/or would make my eyes water were I to do it. Sometimes even the THOUGHT of doing something that would make my eyes water is enough. :doh: LOL They're a mess, but they're mine. :)

Micara

Living and Learning
I started off today in a really good mood, and it is totally gone. It seems like I have gotten every horrible person this morning and I swear I cannot take another. They say that some days you are the bird and some days you are the windshield... I am most definitely have no doubt about what I am today!!!

Linda

Just Chillaxin.
I know I should be grateful that I have a job but my boss irritates the fuck out of me. Just because I am asking where this, this and this is that you promised everyone at the staff meeting you were working on does NOT mean I want to do it. FML. :doh:

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
A person whom I knew in high school found me on Facebook. I hadn't talked to her in more than 25 years. She msg'd me and we chatted on the facebook chat program for a while. Our chat was somewhat normal catch-up chat...filled in with her talking about her pain from numerous back surgeries, hip pain and the fact that her insurance company cut her off, what meds she's on, and all the bad times she's had since high school. I was REALLY happy to have heard from her because she had crossed my mind numerous times in the past. However, as the conversation went on it began to feel totally one-sided. She never asked me about myself, never asked what I had been up to for 25 years...and totally focused on telling me personal and private things that I probably shouldn't have been privy to. I didn't really know what to say to her or what to say to get out of the situation and was a little relieved when she said that she had to leave to go pick up her husband at work.
Today she asked me to call her. I did. She was quite obviously high from meds and slurring her words. She talked and talked about her personal life and didn't give me a chance to get a word in edgewise. I felt like I was just a sounding board for her. The minute I did get an opportunity to say something, I was in the middle of a sentence and she said, "I hate to cut you off but I have to go. I will call you back later." Later came and again she talked about herself...did not inquire about me and my life AT ALL and disappeared when I tried to tell her about what was going on in my life. I am not sure what to think about that.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
A person whom I knew in high school found me on Facebook. I hadn't talked to her in more than 25 years. She msg'd me and we chatted on the facebook chat program for a while. Our chat was somewhat normal catch-up chat...filled in with her talking about her pain from numerous back surgeries, hip pain and the fact that her insurance company cut her off, what meds she's on, and all the bad times she's had since high school. I was REALLY happy to have heard from her because she had crossed my mind numerous times in the past. However, as the conversation went on it began to feel totally one-sided. She never asked me about myself, never asked what I had been up to for 25 years...and totally focused on telling me personal and private things that I probably shouldn't have been privy to. I didn't really know what to say to her or what to say to get out of the situation and was a little relieved when she said that she had to leave to go pick up her husband at work.
Today she asked me to call her. I did. She was quite obviously high from meds and slurring her words. She talked and talked about her personal life and didn't give me a chance to get a word in edgewise. I felt like I was just a sounding board for her. The minute I did get an opportunity to say something, I was in the middle of a sentence and she said, "I hate to cut you off but I have to go. I will call you back later." Later came and again she talked about herself...did not inquire about me and my life AT ALL and disappeared when I tried to tell her about what was going on in my life. I am not sure what to think about that.
I was very ill about five years ago. In and out of the hospital, having almost died several times, and in between I would be home alone, with very few visitors because I had out of control MRSA so for the most part I saw only my (ex)husband and visiting nurses.

I'm blessed with a lot of friends who would check in on me from time to time but for the most part, I wasn't very lucid because I was taking the strongest painkillers made, just to keep from screaming. They only took the edge off the pain. I was desperately lonely, my husband was overwhelmed and not emotionally available and I elected to not tell most of my family because my condition was dire and we'd already suffered several deaths in our family. There were phone calls I don't remember. I do remember that someone on the other end was listening and that made me feel better. Less isolated, less invisible.

Eventually I recovered (still am, to this day) and during my recovery found out that some friends and relatives had stopped contacting me. It took years to piece together that some were offended because I couldn't call them back (I was literally not lucid for months at a time), some messages were not getting through to me because the ex was so overwhelmed, and some were upset because they couldn't comprehend me when we did speak or I would forget myself and repeat myself and didn't realize I wasn't letting them get a word in edgewise. Mind you, some of these people were lifelong friends. Five years later, I am still making amends with some. Others, will not forgive the misunderstanding. I miss them and still love them and communicate that through mutual friends.

I would approach it this way: I know you long enough to know that you ask to be a blessing and be used by God for good because you feel so blessed yourself. Perhaps you can approach it that for that one day, or even a few times, you were there for that person, like when we pray, and God doesn't speak to us, but we know He's listening. You were there when she needed you. Hugs.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Eye ticks.. Yesterday the outer corner of my left eye was ticking.. now its on the right side. It makes my vision feel funky a little cuz the lid is encroaching on my vision.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
DM Supporter
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
My son's mother. I haven't seen my little boy since I was in ICU in 2007. As a disabled man not much of this world matters except for my little boy. We Exchanged email recently and she won't even discuss anything about him or anything related to him.

Does she think I emailed her so I could talk about HER? Isn't that symptoms of an Oedipus complex? God help me…

TwilightStarr

Shitty parent's who chose dealing drugs with their new "I think I'm a gangster" boyfriend over taking their only child to school for their first day of Pre-K.

CAMellie

Gabriel Spencer
I hate...Hate...HATE...when people spring sudden get-togethers on me! I have a SEVERE social anxiety disorder and need at least a small amount of time to mentally prepare myself...especially when I'll be meeting new people. My husband's father called out of nowhere today to announce that he's on his way over to get us to meet my husband's aunt who is visiting here from Texas. They've been in town for 3 days!!! Why couldn't he have mentioned this before??? I immediately started panicking and ended up not going. :(

Latest posts