• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Social Advantage of The BBW or: The Way Things Are In The Real World

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCutieAnya

Amazon Goddess
http://www.facebook.com/AmandaPearlRobison,
Mkay. So those of you who know me, know I am not only tall, I am big. Yes I am a BBW and proud of it! I am 6'2 and with measurements of 60-38-70, I am a glamazon! In 5 inch heels I am positively Goddess like in stature. Why should I NOT be okay with that????

I have recently had some people ask me, "Why do you paint fat chicks?"

"Excuse me? I don't paint fat chicks."

*raised eyebrow*

*ahem*

Okay so after taking a look at my work objectively, sure, I paint fat chicks! I didn't realize I painted 'fat chicks' until someone pointed it out to me and I compared MY ideal of feminine beauty to what other artists are portraying. (Good for them if thats what they are into, I for one am NOT)

Well. Guess what? I PAINT FAT CHICKS!

And you know what else? I wouldn't have it any other way. If I want to do a skeletal study I will keep to articulated models and not the flesh and blood kind that remind me of an emaciated cross-dressing ten year old boy.

True, some women are just built that way. And they ARE beautiful as they are! MOST are not naturally thin!

Some of my views on size acceptance follows:

Sometimes I feel like I want to come down in order to accomplish things that would be near impossible or dangerous at my regular size. Such as diving or extended hiking, those are not so good when you are out of 'shape'. So, I slim down and tone my muscles more than usual to accomplish these physical feats. No big deal. I KNOW I can gain it back just as easy as I can lose it and I use this to my advantage! How many times have I heard women gripe about "I lose/gain weight, only to gain/lose it again!" Um...der...You are SUPPOSED to be able to do that! You just need to pay attention to you body. Listen to it!

For the most part I am very happy at the size I am at. I am 6'2 and measure 60-38-70. Yes I am a tad bit creole, I got that junk in the trunk and I LOVE IT. Why? I feel more feminine when I am fleshed out. I feel very connected to Goddess energy, I am a grown woman, I do not sympathize well with the all too commonly portrayed stick thin 'Mother Mary'. (I mean lets get real, a woman who births the son of God must have some hips on her! Am I right?)

I am in my 'mother' phase, to me it is right and natural for me to be...abundant. As long as I am healthy and do what needs done, and USE that abundance, not just physically but spiritually...then I am doing great and am content. I think there is a big difference between abundance that is being used and replenished and abundance that is wasting away in a stagnant store-house of a body.

Fat=Fuel and we women NEED that fuel in the mother phase of our life, even if we do not have children! Sometimes I think so many women are so tired not just because of their lifestyle but because they are doing the equivalent of running a marathon and allowing themselves only green tea and rice wafers! Gimme a break! It makes me want to send them care packages of BBQ ribs and carnitas!

Then you have people who eat and eat and eat and do pretty much nothing to justify their 'fuel' consumption. Watch TV all day, sit at a desk...If you are sedentary you can get a toxic fat effect really quick. Yes, I know darn well not everyone here agrees with this POV, but I HAVE felt the effects of cellulitis when I was heavier and I can tell you, you would never wish that on someone you loved. Ever. True not all SSBBW's will get this condition but for those who do...it is very painful. Not to mention the constant tiredness from inactivity. You CAN be SSBBW and weigh 400lbs while being active. I should know, I am close to that now! So yeah just to be clear, not ragging on the feeders, I am one!

*laughs* I can't help but remember the very first guy who explained to me why he found me so attractive. I was a teenager and he was a very handsome chocolate skinned gentleman from Africa....he said to me, in his broken english:

"You know, where I come from when we go to buy a cow we do not want a sick looking skinny beast. If the bull didn't break her birthing the calf would, and she looks so sullen! A waste of time and money. No we want the fat and active cow with intelligence in her eyes, she will breed well, birth well and continue to give milk. Choosing a wife is much the same way." He was certainly not insinuating that a woman is on par with a cow, simply citing the economic advantage in his own way. He continued to say, "Men in my country who marry skinny women are usually the poor ones or the mean ones no good woman will marry."

What he said to me forever changed my mind about what a woman is. Yes we are so so so much more than our bodies, but as women I believe we are meant to be abundant. We are the givers, the natural providers to children and the elderly, read: the weakest and most vulnerable members of our society. Therefore we are equipped with bodies that store fat, so when we MUST sacrifice for the greater good, (as women always do) we do not become ill ourselves.

What are your feelings and experiences in being BBW? What advantages do BBW have that we all need to know about??? :)

Latest posts

Back