The thread for random single COMPLAINTS.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
I confess I'm so incredibly unhappy in Tennessee, and today something happened to just reinforce how unhappy and sick this place is making me. I hate the town and I hate the people. This place has collapsed on itself. I feel like justice wasn't served, and I don't ever think I can bear to come back. I got my deductible paid and the guy who broke my ribs got probation. How is that even vaguely fair? I think I've been pretty fucking patient and tough through the whole thing. I've had it.

CuteyChubb

Queen of Hearts
My complaint:
My boss wants me to fire one of my assistants for being rude to him yesterday. I told him to think about it a couple of days. I like this girl. She just has a mouth on her sometimes. I hate firing people. :mad:

Tina

Older and wiser now
TheSadeianLinguist said:
I confess I'm so incredibly unhappy in Tennessee, and today something happened to just reinforce how unhappy and sick this place is making me. I hate the town and I hate the people. This place has collapsed on itself. I feel like justice wasn't served, and I don't ever think I can bear to come back. I got my deductible paid and the guy who broke my ribs got probation. How is that even vaguely fair? I think I've been pretty fucking patient and tough through the whole thing. I've had it.
OMG, that is total bullshit, Casey. Way too often there really is no such thing as "fair" in life. I think I'd sue the asshole, just on principle. Damn.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Can't blame you for feeling that way. If it would benefit you, why not? But if it won't, then it's not worth getting screwed yet again over. Karma will kick the guy's ass eventually, but it would be nice if you were there to see it.

Miss Vickie

People are so friggin' rude. I went to my daughter's concert last night and the audience was so incredibly rude -- coming and going from the auditorium, banging doors in the middle of the performance, talking loudly during the songs, interrupting the music director's announcing song titles with shout outs to friends on stage. It was unreal. Oh, and the kids who were ON stage? Nearly as bad. Since when is it okay to chew gum when you're singing onstage???

I feel like such an old fuddy duddy....

On the positive side, the concert was excellent and my kiddo was brilliant. ;)

CuteyChubb

Queen of Hearts
Miss Vickie said:
People are so friggin' rude. I went to my daughter's concert last night and the audience was so incredibly rude -- coming and going from the auditorium, banging doors in the middle of the performance, talking loudly during the songs, interrupting the music director's announcing song titles with shout outs to friends on stage. It was unreal. Oh, and the kids who were ON stage? Nearly as bad. Since when is it okay to chew gum when you're singing onstage???

I feel like such an old fuddy duddy....

On the positive side, the concert was excellent and my kiddo was brilliant. ;)
Here's more for your positive side: You look pretty in your new avatar pic.

supersoup

Nice to meet you beanbag.
i'm mad. i got out of the shower BEFORE my effing clothes were done in the dryer. booooooooooooooooo.

Miss Vickie

CuteyChubb said:
Here's more for your positive side: You look pretty in your new avatar pic.
*blush blush blush* Thank you.

That more than makes up for my dog puking on the carpet. Three times. :)

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
Miss Vickie said:
*blush blush blush* Thank you.

That more than makes up for my dog puking on the carpet. Three times. :)
So that reminds me. My cat peed and pooped on my bed yesterday. I realized this morning. After I woke up. After I looked down where I was laying and saw crumbled cat turd all over my sheets.

Reason #101 why it sucks to be a heavy sleeper...

Regardless it did give a good reason for being late to work. Except people called me a "Poop Sleeper" for awhile.

Renaissance Woman

Please do.
Driving 8 hours to go to a conference in freaking Lubbock, TX sucks.

Driving 8 hours by myself to go to a conference in freaking Lubbock, TX because my pussy whipped fellow grad student that was going to go with me wimped out and cancelled at the last minute because his girlfriend freaked when he told her he was going to be gone two days to go to a conference sucks more.

Driving 8 hours by myself to go to a conference in freaking Lubbock, TX and then showing up at the hotel at 2:00 a.m. and then having two sets of keys that don't work and then having to get moved to another room sucks even more than getting blown off by a pussy whipped grad student.

At least they've got wireless internet.

MisticalMisty

Renaissance Woman said:
Driving 8 hours to go to a conference in freaking Lubbock, TX sucks.

Driving 8 hours by myself to go to a conference in freaking Lubbock, TX because my pussy whipped fellow grad student that was going to go with me wimped out and cancelled at the last minute because his girlfriend freaked when he told her he was going to be gone two days to go to a conference sucks more.

Driving 8 hours by myself to go to a conference in freaking Lubbock, TX and then showing up at the hotel at 2:00 a.m. and then having two sets of keys that don't work and then having to get moved to another room sucks even more than getting blown off by a pussy whipped grad student.

At least they've got wireless internet.
Sorry you hated it. I really enjoy driving by myself and I've made a few rather long trips. The furtherest was up to Minn/St. Paul to visit my friend from college. I had the best time..it was great for reflecting upon the direction my life was taking at the moment and kinda got me in touch with Misty again.

awww..love the sap :)

Miss Vickie

Ugh. We had just about every complication you can have last night -- sick mamas, sick babies, precipitous deliveries, you name it, we had it. It was like walking into some weird childbirth version of Jacob's Ladder, and I just had this feeling it was going to be bad, and it got worse and worse. Nobody died, but not through lack of trying.

Of course, the funny thing? Is that the day shift had to kick me out an hour after my shift ended this morning. As I was getting ready to change and leave, the family of one of our patients called me in to adjust her fetal monitor, and she was miserable; I perched on her bed, got the monitor working, and started doing labor support. They didn't want me to leave. So I didn't. I was coaching her, off the clock, while her nurse was busy with another delivery, for nearly an hour, until day shift made me leave. :)

I do love my job, especially when it goes well. When it doesn't, I don't love it quite so much. But fortunately, the majority of time things turn out for the best.

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me
My complaint is why do i start waking up at odd times during the night and never when its convienent.

Esme

I just paid 80 bucks to have the heating and cooilng guy tell me my furnace is working. :mad: I wasn't working when I called, but I swear they're like cars and know when to act up and when to misbehave.

Stupid furnace.

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
Esme said:
I just paid 80 bucks to have the heating and cooilng guy tell me my furnace is working. :mad: I wasn't working when I called, but I swear they're like cars and know when to act up and when to misbehave.

Stupid furnace.
Esme, I feel your pain.

I didn't know when I moved into my new apt that the furnace doesn't work. We've had a repair guy in 4x in the last two weeks. My roomie left for the weekend and wham--nothing. It's freaking freezing in here. I suppose I should call the repair guy...but that would entail sitting in my freezing apartment for hours waiting for them! Gah!

CuteyChubb

Queen of Hearts
I am here at work on a Saturday. Yesterday my boss had me fire my assistant because she was rude to him. I liked her. She was a good person. Just had a mouth on her. So now, more work for me. I HATE firing people. I want a job where I never have to fire anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts