• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

This is how I do it -- how do you do it?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Beautiful Dreamer

ridiculously contented
... write stories, of course, what did you think I meant? Tsk.

My most recent fiction, "She's Beck," unfolded in such a way as to give me a prime platform for carrying on .... as if anyone cared ... about what happens when I let characters out to play. I'd love to hear from other contributors about what happens in their little worlds.

This story ("She's Beck") is actually a good example of how stories (sometimes) develop for me.

It started with the germ of an idea: protagonist's eating habits change because the makeup of the household changes. "While the cat's away," etc.

So I got someone out of the house.

Alex then surprised me by how he found his responses to Beck being gone evolving over time.

I planned to have Beck come back for the scale -- thereby providing a chance for them to encounter each other again, and for both Beck and Alex to recognize and respond to Alex's gain.

Surprised the heck out of me when it turned out that Beck's new boyfriend Andrew was emotionally abusive.

Naturally, that changed the way I spun the tale.

Surprised me again that Andrew was a meth dealer. I did want to get him out of the picture, but it really surprised me the way it happened.

And it surprised and pleased me to see the uptight Rebecca blossoming into the luscious Beck.

This happens a lot. Often once I create the characters and put them on the playground, what happens next is unexpected. I've learned to go with the flow. If later, upon rereading and editing, I'm not happy with a direction, it's simple to rework or discard.

Latest posts

Back