• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Today's Rant

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karebr12

So I opened up my August issue of Glamour today, to find like three different articles devoted to men's weight loss and body image. One particular article featured a man whose girlfriend apparently answered the question "if you could change one thing about my body what would it be?" (which was just begging for trouble anyway) by pinching his sides. They showed "before" and after pictures of this poor guy who apparently was sent on a downward spiral becoming obsessed with working out and dieting.
The whole thing just made me sad, because the guy was like 5'8" and only weighed like 155 to begin with. He was by NO MEANS fat! He was a skinny guy already and this girlfriend gave him a complex. I realize this happens to people every day, but for some reason this story struck a chord with me.
I guess there is no real point to this, I am just sick of men and women making each other feel bad for their so-called "flaws" (which, to some of us, turn out not to even be flaws after all!).
I wish I could go back in time and give this guy a nice cuddle and some reassurance.

Latest posts

Back