Quantcast

VCR alert

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Jes

is oddly aroused
Tomorrow (Friday). Nighttime. TV sitcom (about...3 female realtors, maybe? I haven't seen it, and I'm trying to take a guess based on the promo). One of them is dating what looks to be a feeder. Heads up.

Jake v.2.0

That caught my eye too....
"Hot Properties" is the name of the show, it's on at 9:30pm Eastern - I don't recall which network.....

Nicole Sullivan formerly of MadTV and King of Queens is the one being 'fed'

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
DVR set.

Episode is titled "Sex, Lies, & Chubby Chasers"... lol

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
the website describes the episode like this:

"Sex, Lies & Chubby Chasers"

"Through mutual encouragement, the women decide it's time to take some risks that they wouldn't ordinarily take. When Ava's much-younger husband gets an acting job playing a teenager, she decides it's time to be honest with him about her real age. Chloe starts dating a man who is trying to fatten her up, but to her delight she finds it quite liberating. Meanwhile Lola begins therapy sessions with Sellers to find out why she's attracted to gay men, and Emerson must convince her wealthy parents to let her work at the real estate office."

she finds it quite liberating! that's the clincher for me..i have to see if this ends up the first feeder-positive tv premise ever. the just shoot me and malcolm in the middle ones are funny though, and the totally spies episode is a hoot.

Jes

is oddly aroused
dan ex machina said:

"Through mutual encouragement, the women decide it's time to take some risks that they wouldn't ordinarily take. When Ava's much-younger husband gets an acting job playing a teenager, she decides it's time to be honest with him about her real age. Chloe starts dating a man who is trying to fatten her up, but to her delight she finds it quite liberating. Meanwhile Lola begins therapy sessions with Sellers to find out why she's attracted to gay men, and Emerson must convince her wealthy parents to let her work at the real estate office."

she finds it quite liberating! that's the clincher for me..i have to see if this ends up the first feeder-positive tv premise ever. the just shoot me and malcolm in the middle ones are funny though, and the totally spies episode is
a hoot.

Ok, the promo I saw had these 2 clips: (spoilers I guess, so ignore if you're gonna watch it. I got roped into babysitting tonight, so ...uh...if any boys wanna come over and play spin the bottle, just PM me. :) )

2 of them in a restaurant. He says to her: you know, it really turns me on (or something like that) to watch you eat. She says to him: oh really? well then, you're gonna LOOOVE this (and she shoves a huge forkfull of something into her mouth)

2 of them in bed, her on her back squirting whipped cream from the can into her mouth, him on his side, looking at her reverently, like she's the Madonna. haha. I love that face he's making. So innocent, so full of pleasure.

so he's not so much a chubby chaser as a feeder, which is interesting (in that we don't usually see that on tv)

coyote wild

You'll love me, I swear.
dan ex machina said:

Chloe starts dating a man who is trying to fatten her up, but to her delight she finds it quite liberating.

she finds it quite liberating! that's the clincher for me..i have to see if this ends up the first feeder-positive tv premise ever.
yeah, it does make it seem like her liking it would be a positive thing, but the shows official website offered this up on her character:

There is Chloe Reid (Nicole Sullivan), who could find happiness with any guy who could simply remember her the day after their date. A self-help book junkie, Chloe is still digesting the book that has helped her realize that no one has ever been that "into" her.
So apparently, she'll do anything for a guy, even if she probably doesn't want to.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I have to work and I barely have any technology back home in my cave. Could somebody post a review of the show when it comes on?

Korota

Well, that was predictably disappointing. I liked the contrast between the guy who was okay with his wife being 15 years older than him and was nice and sweet, while the FA was a shallow horndog. NOT. I guess when you have different tastes than what the media reinforces, it also means you're shallow, fickle, and completely obsessed with the thing you like that the TV says not to.

*sigh* Unfortunately, I've known more than a few guys who fit that description. But then, there's just as many who fit that description among people who are into thin women, and probably even more.

Still, I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up about this.

Phaddy

I didn't think it was that bad, and it did have a couple of positives:

The guy was kind of leery and obviously not interested in any true commitment, as evidenced by his instant attention to the other girl's mother. But there are a lot of guys, FAs and non-FAs, that are superficial and sleazy. I thought that it was good that the guys fixation was played the same for weight as it could have been for breasts or anything else. In fact, that was part of the "revelation" for the character who was flirting with weight gain and feeding. During the show, she tries to come to grips with a guy interested in her because he sees some feeding potential in her personality and body type. It was unfortunate that she associated a "chubby chaser" with the other list of losers that she had dated, but the point was more that she sees some limitation in every guy that wants to date her, than it was that this guy's interest was somehow too different to be viable. When she discussed the possibilities with her friends, she was enthusiastic about being able to live her life without every again having to worry about getting fat. The actress has a figure and personality that is very believable that she has to work to avoid gaining weight, so the guy's interest in her seemed to fit. She flirts with the idea and experiments without judgement or sarcasm. I would have liked more scenes showing her eating (obviously), but the fact that they didn't exaggerate that as a one liner -- as I felt was the case in several of the other sitcoms cited -- I think made it feel more like the writers could accept this as a reasonable part of a couple's life. The character finally decides that she is not going to pursue the relationship with the feeder, not because she has a negative reaction to the feeding, but because she comes to the realization that being in a weight-gain oriented relationship doesn't free her from expectations after all. While she wouldn't have to worry about dieting ever again, she realizes that competition could still be part of her future because, "after all, there is always going to be someone fatter." I liked that this line was delivered more on the level of "richer," "prettier," or whatever other superficial reason that someone would decide to have a relationship, other than that they simply loved the other person.

KittyG122

I think it would be a good thing if more feeders and feedees went on TV with sitcoms and television shows and started to let the world know we are out here. And i think movies would be even better. Some of the stories on the dimensions weight gain story board thingy could be excelent movies and episodes for TV shows. I think it is time to liberate ourselves and show the world true happiness... Fat IS where its at!!!!

Jes

is oddly aroused
KittyG122 said:
I think it would be a good thing if more feeders and feedees went on TV with sitcoms and television shows and started to let the world know we are out here. And i think movies would be even better. Some of the stories on the dimensions weight gain story board thingy could be excelent movies and episodes for TV shows. I think it is time to liberate ourselves and show the world true happiness... Fat IS where its at!!!!

I was going to say--how many people who tuned into that show the other night saw this behavior/preference for the very first time ever, do you think? A big damn chunk I'd guess.

TallFatSue

Jes said:
I was going to say--how many people who tuned into that show the other night saw this behavior/preference for the very first time ever, do you think? A big damn chunk I'd guess.
The feeder might have been as shallow as the typical man on a situation comedy, but he also seemed to be a pretty nice well-groomed guy. On those rare occasions that feeders are shown on television or the movies, they are usually really creepy losers. Hot Properties actually put a halfway positive spin on fat admirers for a change.

fatlane

Starting Arvist
So it's sort of like feeders have moved up from "depraved hellbound bastards" to "sickos who have as much right to be Americans as homosexuals so long as they don't try to adopt"...

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
i haven't seen it yet, but from what it sounds like in these posts, the portrayal of the feeder is indeed a step-up from the creepy. of course they had to make him shallow enough to dispose of--what, you thought a feeder would last two episodes? this premise just screams "one-shot"--but in chick clique sitcoms, aren't all the guys played out for the laughs and quirks and subsequent dumpage? i mean, if jerry seinfeld dated a feederette, i can guarantee he would "not give a liter for the feeder" (oh come on, that wasn't that bad a try). so from what it sounds like, at least they made him semi-appealing and incorporating it into sex, rather than unapplied fetishization, even if he was going to end up as shallow garbage anyway. i think it's cute though that they have him leering at one of the ladies' moms.

KittyG122

All my life i was made fun of for being fat and i think with the way people keep reporting it, that most of the world's population is getting fat... and they aren't doing too much to keep it from increasing, McDonalds and Burger King are still prevalent, fast food, grocery stores, not as many fitness Clubs anymore... I am sure a lot of people enjoy being fat, but just don't understand it. It took me time to understand that being fat could be a lifestyle and something sexual... and i think more and more people are beginning to realize this on their own too! When i discovered Dimensions, weight gain stories etc.... it changed me and my view of how the world should be, so if we come out and start taking charge like Monique's quick run of Fat Chance we might be able to get our own TV channels and shows and movies too... i think it is time for the world to open up to everyone and let everyone express what they want to do. And i think things should be more fat accepting. Why i went to friendly's on morning, kind of early and the lady sat me in a booth and it was just too tight... i mean it was almost like she did it on purpose... so i switched booths... and THAT one was too tight, now i am not THAT big so when i finally found a nice cozy booth in the back i was a little upset. BUT anyways back on topic, i think getting some more fat fun shows on TV will be a good thing... :eat1: :eat2: