Video games?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
What are people playing and on what systems?

I mostly play open world RPG type games exclusively on PC. Lately I'm back to red dead redemption 2 and the online version of it. Some GTA V as well.

I played through cyberpunk 77 and it was just not even close to being fully realized. There were some fun aspects but you could tell it was rushed out. NPC AI was garbage compared to much older games like GTA V, stuff like trains were clearly intended to be part of the game but cut and stuff like shadows and water physics were just trash. Sad it had so much potential.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Currently working through Ghost of Tsushima.

While the open-world elements and sidequests feel a lot like Far Cry 3 or Shadow of Mordor, the flavor of it is fantastic and the combat and gameplay are a lot of fun. Having the "guiding wind" be as overt or subtle as you choose is a lot better than an objective marker or arrow. It just feels really good, and the main complaints that I have are relatively minor- graphics that would be better on the PS4 Pro (which I don't have), and lips that don't line up with the Japanese audio, only the English, which is really irritating because the Japanese voice acting is really fucking good.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Most everything I play is on PS4 Pro, with the exception of one game that is PC only (Sims 4). I'm considering a new gen console, but waiting for all of the glitches to get ironed out. My foot is in both camps at the moment.

I absolutely loved RDR2, @dwesterny!

I'm about to start Ghost of Tsushima, after dawdling forever with Detroit: Become Human.

Anjula

the bitchy one
The last thing I played was that weird intro to ps5 game lol as in the one that shows you what the controller can do. And animal crossing whenever I find some time (which is never these days)

TimTim

You’re on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
This past year I have gone through all the lego games, RDR2, Jurassic World Evolution, all the Arkham games, to name a few. I play Xbox myself.

Latest posts