• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Viktória (Chapter 1) - by TheOwl (~BBW, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOwl

Not so wise
~BBW, ~SWG - An Eastern European woman moves in with her British fiance.

[Author's Note: Each part of the story will be the thoughts of Viktória at the date mentioned at its start.]

Viktoria

by TheOwl

Chapter 1 – September 1997

It is simply amazing that just a matter of weeks ago I was struggling to get by, with the rest of my family, on the little we had to share between us. Now here I am living around 1,000 miles away in a luxury house with anything I could ever want available to me.

It is now six weeks since I moved to the UK to live with my new fiancé Simon, after our brief courtship, while he was over in my native Bulgaria on a couple of business trips. It is strange trying to adjust to what things are like now compared to what they were just a short time ago. There are so many new things open to me now to experience that were not previously an option.

A few days ago I got to spend the day shopping in the nearby Oxford town centre; Simon had arranged to get me a second card on his credit card account, and he said in passing it was alright to spend anything up to two thousand pounds, but I could go higher if I
found something I liked - just ring him to check he had not put anything else big on the card first.

I do not know how anyone could spend that on a few outfits. I have been used to getting clothes that my older sister had grown out of, and those were cheap in the first place. The most I think we probably paid for any clothes was about two thousand Forint, which is only about five pounds.

I learned quickly while I was out that five pounds did not really stretch too far; but then again there was no way I would spend two thousand. All told, I spent just shy of two hundred on a couple of outfits and some new underwear during the few hours I spent looking at what the place had to offer.

Most of the time since I have arrived in Britain, Simon has been touring the rest of the world on business, which unfortunately will be quite a regular occurrence. However, he was here all last week and it has been great to have him here, especially as currently he is really the only person I know in this country. I have spoken to my family back in Tatabánya and Simon on the phone but it’s not the same as having him right here with me.

When he is around,
I have been treating him to meals from back home. For the first couple of days he seemed to be impressed, but then I got the distinct impression he was not enjoying it anymore. After the fourth night, I asked him what was wrong and he begrudgingly told me it was rather bland.

The following day he took off early to go to the supermarket and then later in the evening he set about making dinner for us both. He made quite a simple curry, but the blend of spices really worked; it was something you certainly could not call bland. I have to admit it was far nicer than any of the meals I had put together earlier in the week.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with Hungarian food; it was more that back home we could not really afford the ingredients needed to make a meal more tantalizing, so we stuck to the basics of meat and vegetables. This got me thinking that maybe I can come up with something he will appreciate more next time.

Last night, before Simon left again on one of his foreign trips in the morning, we went to a party held by one of his old school friends, Pete. On arriving at the party I was very quickly introduced to Pete’s wife Jennifer, before the men disappeared leaving me with her. She got us both a drink and we were soon chatting about this and that and moving into and out of conversations with other people all night at the party.

Although we are both very different, we seemed to at least be getting on really well and she invited me around tomorrow for brunch. I was not really sure what brunch actually was, so she said come by about eleven.

I do hope on reflection she does not decide to ring and cancel, I would really like to start making friends here and she seemed nice.

Latest posts

Back