• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Warding Off Mosquitoes

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeThinker

Li'l bastards! :mad:

Even without the threat of West Nile Virus, or Malaria, or what-have-you, they're just plain annoying varmints.

What do you do to keep them away, both in terms of your environment, and in terms of your person?

Evironmentally, of course, we've all been told not to leave standing water, as it provides breeding territory to skeeters.

Also, as an environmental repellent, mosquito coils (kind of like incense, but nastier) or citronella candles may be employed.

Or, perhaps you've got a bat-house in your yard.

For personal protection, those who can still find products with Deet in meaningful concentration may be applying it to their skin, while others may be using Avon's "Skin So Soft", and others yet may have found a more natural method.

My father, for example, told me that one of the B vitamins (I don't recall which one) causes the body to give off a scent that repels mosquitoes, while eating bananas causes the body to produce one that attracts them.

What are the myths?

What works?

Anyone?

Latest posts

Back