Weird Weather

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BubbleButtBabe

No one cares anyway
Oklahoma has had some weird weather lately...30 inches of rain in 3 weeks time..No temps over 100 yet..The weirdest thing so far has been the fog..We do not get fog in Oklahoma in July..Hell that is reserved for the "winter" months here..I looked out my front door last night and all I could say was "damn that is a weird sight"....LOL I would bet visibility was down to less then half a mile..Usually this time of year the temps are in the high 90's or low 100's even at 1 am,so far we have barely broken the mid 90's..Usually this time of year my ac is screaming for relief because it is so hot 24/7..Not so far this year..Last night the temps were in the mid 60's..Very strange weather..

My brother said it was my fault for turning 50 at the beginning of the month..LMAO He said when Mother Nature heard I was hitting the big mile stone she went nuts and tried to first drown us all and now she is trying to freeze us in the summertime..Yea he is a nut...LOL

So how is the weather in your part of the world..Is it as strange as it is here?

Waxwing

Reckless Hero
Well the past two days in Boston have been rainy and actually rather cold. That's definitely weird for July in Massachusetts.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
weather is weird here in northern california too. We have the usual heat but we have double the humidity and actually have had some cool days. (unheard of for months of july and august)

Chimpi

into the shining sun
Weather is normal in Florida - Hot, humid, raining in the front of my apartment, but not near the back, rinse and repeat. *Sigh*

We've been getting a lot of electrical storms, though. I've never seen that happen here before....

cammy

bellyphile
Quite normal in SW Florida. Wonderful thunder and lightening rain storms and high humidity and heat to keep you moving ever so slowly lest you faint.

b01

I see what's going on here. Those bums in Florida have a weather machine, making it nice for themselves, and screwing the rest of us.

Aliena

I have yet to enjoy a second full day at our complex pool. They weather here is chilly for this time of year. Today was cloudy and only reached 80. (I live in N. Ky)

We are below average in our rain levels and I don't think we're going to reach any 100 marks this year. (fine by me really)

But yeah, I too have noticed the changes and even so much as made a comment on them today.

Who da thunk the weather channel would be more interesting than the evening news?

qwertyman173

Andy from UK
Massive flooding in England. They say that it is the wettest summer on record. No heatwaves here :(

swamptoad

There hasn't been a sufficient amount rain here in Minnesota. It was humid yesterday and there was some beautiful heat lightning around close to 10 p.m. which I've rarely seen.

The highs get in the mid 90s lately. It doesn't cool much in the evening. Maybe in the low 80s. And in the morning it might be in the mid 70s. It's been quite humid lately.

BubbleButtBabe

No one cares anyway
I am sorry to hear about the UK..That is terrible!

I know there is not going to be as many hurricanes this year as they predicted..The warm waters off the coast of Africa aren't making it across the Atlantic this year..Seems that current is going up north toward the UK and Europe..I know there wont be many in the Gulf of Mexico..These low pressure fronts that we keep getting are very strong and they are settling in the middle to lower part of TX so that keeps the hurricanes at bay...

Even for El Nino or El Nina this is really strange weather..It isn't doing what they meteorologists keep saying it will do..The guys from the Weather Channel can't be trusted,even they aren't sure what is up....LOL

Oh well it will cycle again in a couple of years if we all can just hang in there till then!

Latest posts