What are you having for breakfast

Discussion in 'The Foodee Board' started by Mishty, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Mar 28, 2011 #1

Mishty

Mishty

Mishty

aluminum petunia

This morning my auntie and my Mama are making buttermilk biscuits, floured and fried pork chops, fried eggs, hashbrowns,fried tomato, and bacon gravy.....

What are you having?

DVSShank likes this.
  2. Mar 28, 2011 #2

cinnamitch

cinnamitch

cinnamitch

nope

Sausage gravy over biscuits and scrambled eggs

3. Mar 28, 2011 #3

crayola box

crayola box

crayola box

Wow ^^ those are some breakfasts, especially for a Monday. I had instant oatmeal with banana, peach, blueberries, cinnamon, flaxseeds, walnuts and a drizzle of agave and almond milk mixed in- quick and easy :)

4. Mar 28, 2011 #4

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

I made this over the weekend and it was the absolutely most delicious freaking breakfast I've ever had. Ever. Ever. EVER!!! I did add toasted pecans. The crust was crunchy and sweet and the bottom french toast layer was moist and gooey and ... man. I'm getting flushed just thinking about it :wubu::blush:

It took all of 10 minutes of prep time and turned out perfect. Only thing I'd add is that Ree was off a bit on cooking time (or my oven is a piece of crap, which is more likely). It took 1 1/2 hours to bake to the mostly firm texture that my family likes. At 45 minutes (her recommendation) it was still very soupy.

Mishty likes this.
  5. Mar 28, 2011 #5

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home In Rembrance

I had some hot Grands with a lil bit of bacon stuffed inside and a big cup of coffee.

6. Mar 28, 2011 #6

penguin

penguin

penguin

Fnord

Frozen grapes.

7. Mar 29, 2011 #7

jcas50

jcas50

jcas50

Liberal Scum

I had ciccioli bread - Italian lard bread with diced rendered pork bellies. Its like a little bit of heaven in your hand, here is a recipe.

Napoletana "CASATIELLO" Lard Bread. The Easy Way.

Use Frozen Bread Dough. NOT PIZZA DOUGH. Since you'll want to make a few loaves, then in advance Prepare diced dry salami, diced pecorino cheese, diced salt pork or pork bellies (rendered=fried slowly until crisp) called "ciccioli". salt & pepper.

Coat a large bowl with olive oil and place 1 frozen loaf, 1lb, into it, add all fixin's on top and Let Rise (first time). Punch down and mix fixin's into dough. DO NOT OVERWORK THE DOUGH, JUST MIX. Set aside in bowl and Let Rise (second time). Punch down and mix again, then shape dough into a long (french bread log), cut in two and Braid into a round circle. Place onto a oven heated baking stone, with cornmeal on stone to prevent sticking, OR, in an oil sprayed disposable aluminum angel food pan. Bake in 450 degree oven for about an hour (or less) and be sure to "spray water" on the baking bread every 15 minutes to get a nice brown crusty bread. Let Cool. Then Enjoy. Mangiare e Buon Appetito. Saluti, Angelo

Tips: You can use Prosciutto, Ham, Pancetta, Provelone, Asiago or whatever tastes you prefer. The most "important" is "CICCIOLI".

I ALSO HAD COFFEE AND A TANGERINE.

8. Mar 29, 2011 #8

Mishty

Mishty

Mishty

aluminum petunia

Oh wooooow. :eat2:

9. Mar 29, 2011 #9

ThatFatGirl

ThatFatGirl

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?

I'm not a big breakfast person and don't like to put much thought or time into it. Almost every morning my breakfast is either A. a cup of Fiber One yogurt with 3/4 c of a Kashi type cereal from Aldi (a near fiber overload, but it makes my insides happy), or B. one of those 100 calorie sandwich rounds toasted with some natural peanut butter and some strawberry fruit spread, or C. a toasted & buttered sandwich round with an egg on one half and fruit spread on the other. A big travel mug full of coffee is a must too.

10. Mar 29, 2011 #10

Corwynis

Corwynis

Corwynis

2 Poptarts and a banana :eat2:

11. Mar 29, 2011 #11

one2one

one2one

one2one

Sentient little hedonist

This morning it was Greek yogurt with vanilla, honey, toasted pecans, toasted coconut and blueberries. It was yummy, but I'm really looking forward to the last piece of homemade quiche (spinach, onion and gruyere) tomorrow morning.

The french toast and Italian bread look fantastic. Thanks for the recipes; I think I'll be trying them soon!

12. Mar 29, 2011 #12

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man

LOL!! Yes, and I've got to make the recipe too. :)

13. Mar 29, 2011 #13

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

I get excited when a recipe turns out well because it's not often the case for me. Mostly, it's my fault (ok, always). I can't leave well enough alone and end up trying to modify things to my liking. I love The Pioneer Woman Cooks because her recipes are simple and call for ingredients that I'd normally use, anyway (reference: simple).

I've made her biscuits and gravy for breakfast, too. Creamy, rich, and emphasis on shortcuts (using canned biscuits, photos clearly deliniating every action she takes, etc). I can't think of one thing I've made from that website --- if I didn't take it upon myself to make changes --- that didn't turn out yummy.

14. Mar 29, 2011 #14

paintsplotch

paintsplotch

paintsplotch

paint me happy

im still currently munching on a corn muffin that has seen better days. lol :eat1:

15. Mar 29, 2011 #15

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I rarely put much effort into breakfast and don't like most breakfast foods, so it's pretty much whatever is quick and easy and at least somewhat healthy to get me off to a decent start. Today I had a good sized avocado with some chili-lime seasoning sprinkled on it. Some days I have a BLT sandwich. Some days I have a bowl of soup. Some days cottage cheese and fruit. Some days a couple fiber crackers and hummus. It all depends.

Tracy

16. Mar 30, 2011 #16

smithnwesson

smithnwesson

smithnwesson

Drug dealer

Usually it's just steel-cut oats or toast and jam. I splurged a little yesterday morning. . .

[​IMG]

:eat2:

17. Mar 30, 2011 #17

MLadyJ

MLadyJ

MLadyJ

Dang!! Don'tcha just love a man who can weave bacon??? Everything looked great.

My favorite breakfast is steel cut oats done overnight in the crockpot with nuts, cinnamon, brown sugar and cut up dried apples and of course the oats. If this swounds vaguely familiar it's because I got the recipe from Sunni, who will have my eternal gratitude.:bow:

18. Mar 30, 2011 #18

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home In Rembrance

I was just thinking the same thing about his bacon and humming Dream Weaver to myself as I drooled over the pic.

S&W-besides crushed black pepper--what else is sprinkled on those eggs or was it crushed mixed peppercorns?

19. Apr 1, 2011 #19

smithnwesson

smithnwesson

smithnwesson

Drug dealer

:) Just salt, pepper, and a little butter -- just like the grits. I DID NOT put butter on the bacon, 'cause my doc said to cut back on saturated fats.

We eats heart-healthy, 'round here. :D

- Jim

20. Apr 2, 2011 #20

Dromond

Dromond

Dromond

Old school

https://www.facebook.com/john.m.pedigo, M
    Jackie isn't into breakfast*, so there is no big breakfast production here at our house. I pretty much have the same thing every morning. A bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal, topped with raisins and bathed in skim milk.

*It's a darn shame, because breakfast food is the one thing I can cook well.