What do you smell like?

Discussion in 'GLBTQ' started by Cors, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Dec 7, 2009 #61

Frankie

Frankie

Frankie

No longer a member

Sure it does. I prefer men's colognes to women's. Lately I've been wearing CO Bigelow Blue Elixir and Red Elixir from Bath & Body Works. I love how they smell. Not sure how the boyfriend feels about it, heh. If I want to smell less manly, I wear Dancing Waters, Cool Citrus Basil, Sea Island Cotton, or Freshwater Cucumber body sprays from B&BW. Once in a blue moon I like the girly Freesia spray.

When I wore women's colognes, I wore Amarige by Givenchy, Perry Ellis 360, and Coolwater for women. Perfumes like Chanel No. 5 and Shalimar give me a headache.

2. Dec 7, 2009 #62

KatsPyjamas

KatsPyjamas

KatsPyjamas

well gosh

mergirl, it's from Anchorman - I wouldn't have guessed the Pixies lyric!

60% of the time, it works EVERY TIME ;)

My actual scent is whatever I naturally smell like, and whatever I use to clean myself. And a deodorant that isn't too strong. Some perfumes and aftershaves smell nice for just a sniff, but anything that strong for a prolonged time makes me feel sick. Which is handy as I'm cheap & lazy anyway.

Frankie I love the smell of Amarige! I actually have some. For sniffing not wearing (I attempted to but it's just not gonna work).

3. Dec 7, 2009 #63

mergirl

mergirl

mergirl

Ahh i loved that film.. cant remember that..
    I think its from the song 'bone machine' but i was just being silly. :p

4. Dec 9, 2009 #64

activistfatgirl

activistfatgirl

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line

I really, really detest over perfuming. Subtly is an art.

I also dig the green tea perfume from Elizabeth Arden. I like sandalwood oil and other, earthy, raw scents. I trend away from the girly, floral and more towards spicy.

However, I recently got my first real perfume - the black one from the Baby Phat line. It's spicy and smoky and if not overdone, makes me quite pleased.

I personally think my body odor is just fine. Expect for those extra juicy days down under. What can I say? I'm a moist girl. What?

5. Dec 14, 2009 #65

tankgirl

tankgirl

tankgirl

Phreakoid.

Oh, god, yes. I do too. Well, after a long day at the shop, and then after working out, right when I wake up.... Kinda. See, I hate day or night showers, I'm a morning shower kind of person. Besides, my day is over at 1900; that's time for dinner chased by a beer or two, usually with a movie, and muck about till 2130 or so, and bed.
    There's the Tressemme (or however the hell that's spelled) shampoo and condit smell....
    Used to have some Nag Champa soap but I used it and it was gone. So these days it's Sugar Tone (or Glow, sugar sommat, any rate.... funny kawasaki green and toxic canary yellow wrapper on a clear bottle) body wash...
    And whatever grease and gas and burnt oil smells stick to my shop clothes.
    And, suddenly reminded of the rabies car*, the other smells that come home from the shop.
    Unlike most females, I guess, I also sweat copiously, and use men's Degree deoderant ("reacts to adrenaline", almost true), the extreme blast scent. Smells kind of like clean laundry. Depsite my best efforts, I still smell rather ....umm... Productive. Busy. Heh.
    I use Tide regular concentrated liquid. Bounce regular fabric softener.
    Plus tobacco smoke, occasional whiffs of pot smoke, sometimes beer, and I have two cats and a dog. Some people say pets are noticeable.
    And leather, because I have an awesome 60" leather trenchcoat (or overcoat, if you want to be picky). No, not a duster, I know. It's still a 60" leather coat that only cost me $110. Hah hah hah!
    That's how I smell.

*Rabies car: Had this car in, smelled like you'd get rabies or whatever that is that mouse turds carry.... or maybe that was ferret turd in there... All over the engine, all over the inside, a blanket in the back with a nasty reddish-brownish sorta stain and more turds on it, food remains and food wrappers everywhere, more turd just about everywhere.... bug nests in the hubcaps, bugs that crawled out and invaded the shop, spider cocoons, other cocoons other places, just flat fuckin NASTY.... NO ONE in the shop wanted to drive it around... one guy took to calling it "the rabies car".... It was enough to make anyone gag. It'd make a gargoyle take flight from a building. I'd say it'd stun a moose but a moose wouldn't be dumb enough to get that close.
    Since *I* was the one that had to work on the key ignition and the steering column in the damn thing- requires sitting in it- I took to it with a whole can of Lavendar Air Neutralizer, another whole can of Wild Flowers air neutralizer, three "new car" air fresheners, and another whole can of Renuzit Wild Flowers I found sitting around. I also vacuumed as best I could where I had to work- I'm not getting sick off that nasty.
    It was tolerable after that (in the front seats only, I didn't have enough smellgoods to do the whole car), but the lady who owned it bitched up a storm that her car didn't smell like flowers when it got here..... wish I could have heard the service writer's explanation, but I was working on a Prius by then....

Tad likes this.
  6. Dec 16, 2009 #66

GoldenDelicious

GoldenDelicious

GoldenDelicious

It's the naughty step 4U!

We both wear the mens aftershave instead of perfume. I wear Armani mania for men and Mer wears Attitude for men, although personality wise I'd say she is the manic one and I have the attitude, lol xx

7. Dec 16, 2009 #67

Saoirse

Saoirse

Saoirse

my goofy co-worker keeps saying that this girl we work with smells like his new car. Not "New Car"smell...more like "Cleaned by the Previous Owner" smell.

Apparently she doesn't reek of detailing. :p

8. Dec 16, 2009 #68

mergirl

mergirl

mergirl

I said they were man perfumes..maniac! :D

9. Dec 17, 2009 #69

Weeze

Weeze

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims

At our outlet we're having a buy-so-much-of-this-and-get-this promo, and obviously Bath and Body works is at the top of my christmas shopping list anyway so after finishing getting mom/sister/cousins stuff, I got a bottle of Black Amethyst EDT.

I'm in love.

10. Dec 18, 2009 #70

vermillion

vermillion

vermillion

est. 1983

I have tons of perfumes and body washes. I wear cotton candy from Body Fantasy (walmart...hehe) a lot because I love smelling like a carnival. For special occasions I have Dulce and Gabanna "Light Blue"
    I just recently ran out of Slatkin Persian Lime and Mimosa body wash, which is my FAVVVVVVVV but it's like 30 dollars a bottle...
    My hair smells like...aussie

11. Dec 18, 2009 #71

Mishty

Mishty

Mishty

aluminum petunia

:blush: Thanks girls.....

12. Dec 18, 2009 #72

sweet&fat

sweet&fat

sweet&fat

My aim is true.

at the moment, Coco Mademoiselle and coffee. not sure it's the best combination!

13. Dec 21, 2009 #73

littlefairywren

littlefairywren

littlefairywren

Chi Chi

I love perfume! My four top picks would be Opium (Yves St Laurent), Coco (Chanel), or Amorito and Vanilla EDT from the Bodyshop. But the Amorito has been discontinued which I miss.....it smelt like chocolate, so I felt quiet tasty :)

14. Dec 21, 2009 #74

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I don't know....is there anytime where coffee isn't a good smell? :D

15. Dec 21, 2009 #75

wicked_pear

wicked_pear

wicked_pear

I've tried to stick with a jasmine scent, I know old lady, It used to be real common, tho now I'm starting to like enchanted orchid from Bath & Body works as a replacement.

16. Dec 22, 2009 #76

jamie

jamie

jamie

...tickled...

Anymore I always smell of either Baby Magic's baby wash and lotion or "Summerhill" from Crabtree & Evelyn. I like them both because they are clean and light. It is usually the baby stuff though, it is my favorite smell. My hair is slightly coconutty from Paul Mitchell's Shampoo One.

kayrae likes this.
  17. Dec 22, 2009 #77

lovelocs

lovelocs

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum

I need a new scent... Right now I wear Calgon's Tahitian Orchid. The bottle's almost empty, but I don't think I'll be repeating it... Unless I'm freshly bathed, it just stinks. It doesn't like my body chemistry. A few years ago, I wore a Healing Garden scent which they discontinued. Before that, it was white musk fantasy by Body Fantasies... Yes, I am a plastic bottle perfume girl. I can't wear the white musk, because it reminds me of my ex, and sex, and is therefore a handicapping distraction. I may go back to essential oils.

I generally like to spray a little scent over me before I begin the day, and also add a little to the area between my legs. I find that that, plus my natural scent, is very pleasant and alluring.
    I do not like to change up my scents, and I prefer it when other people don't. I like to know who I'm smelling... In college, I had a crush who always smelled great. One day, I got a whiff of his cologne a few seconds before I saw him. My heart leapt out of my chest, it was that extreme. Later on, I had a boss who wasn't the most handsome man on earth, but he had a scent he had custom blended. After he'd walk down the hall, women would stand up and lean into the hall, just to smell his scent. Pure sexy.

18. Dec 22, 2009 #78

kayrae

kayrae

kayrae

doot doot doot

always smell like lotion. i'm a fan of citrus scents

19. Dec 22, 2009 #79

katorade

katorade

katorade

L'Occitane's honey & lemon hand cream, L'Occitane eau de miel, L'Occitane amber eau de parfum (noticing a pattern here?), Demeter's Wet Garden, Burberry Brit (don't wear it that much), and Elizabeth W's Vetiver.

For anyone that loves clean florals, herbals, or citrusy scents, you have to check out Vetiver. It has a wonderful fresh smell of lemon verbena and maybe a little bit of cedar or cypress, and it's almost a unisex scent, but the finish just has the lightest hint of a citrus blossom that makes it just feminine enough. Most of my male friends that are not fans of "perfumey" smells have liked it a lot.

In the colder months, I'm also a sucker for Dolce & Gabbana and Tresor, worn verrrrrrrrrry lightly.

20. Dec 23, 2009 #80

ashmamma84

ashmamma84

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah

Lately I've been smelling like Lola by Marc Jacobs. Not only does it smell wonderful, the bottle is gorgeous on the vanity.