What food makes you sick to your stomach?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

PigPen

The Southeast Beast
Taste and smell dont make me nauseous, but lots of textures make me gag. Used to loooove Jell-O growing up, but im finding it harder to eat it. Most fruits throw me off too... love the taste, but cant get past the texture.

DITTO! i love mashed potatoes, but i have to eat them in small amounts at a time. if i have a big spoonful, i gag. same with bananas, have to take super small bites. anything mushy makes me yak.

digitalbliss

I have to agree with the couple of people who said Mustard and Mayo, mustard especially. I don't even like to SEE it, let alone smell it.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
DITTO! i love mashed potatoes, but i have to eat them in small amounts at a time. if i have a big spoonful, i gag. same with bananas, have to take super small bites. anything mushy makes me yak.

yes! bananas do me the same way! that's why i eat them with peanut butter! lol and pickcles yuck! just makes me want to throw up.LOL

Jenella

Far from Ordinary
omg...liver and onions... im feeling sick just thinking about it...and it smells soooo bad

Yes!! Same for me! My family loves it!

Also, Sauerkraut and cabbage! Can't stand it. Meatloaf... Yuck! Oh, and Scrabble - This weird breakfast food my parents love. >.<

Also, I love cherries, but they hate me... Allergic. :(

Jenella

Far from Ordinary
/agree

parents tried to make me eat this when I was a small child. one of those "sit at the table until you're done" deals. I slept on my placemat!

I remember doing that more than once... Those things hurt the face.:(

luvbigfellas

Has lips like morphine
Liver, braunschweiger (sp?), pickled herring. Basically most of my grandmother's favorites. Chicken gizzards. YUCK!

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
oooh! i got one! Crawfish! when i lived in louisiana i was working on a campaign for a guy who was running for police chief and he had a spot at the Slidell crawfish festival where he was going to be doing some campaigning. i had to go with my boss but i figured it wouldn't be a big deal, i'd be sitting in the shade all day.

so the night before my boss and i went out partying and i managed to get blind drunk. the next morning i was sooooooo hung over i wanted to die. i get to the festival and it's like a million degrees, there's no shade only a giant horse trailer filled with tubs for boiling crawfish and nothing to drink but Budweiser... i spent the whole day huddles in a ball on the ground, awash with the smell of ten tons of boiling crawfish and the sight of 10,000 people tearing through shellfish like zombies through a nursery...

so yeah, just the thought of crawfish makes me nauseous now...

JulieD

Yes!! Same for me! My family loves it!

Also, Sauerkraut and cabbage! Can't stand it. Meatloaf... Yuck! Oh, and Scrabble - This weird breakfast food my parents love. >.<

Also, I love cherries, but they hate me... Allergic. :(

Scrapple is disgusting. People who bitch about what is in bologna and hotdogs, trust me...that's like eating pie next to scrapple. Its a Pennsylvania Dutch breakfast food that is very popular around here. Basically you take everything left over from butchering a pig, grind or chop it up, $mix it with corn meal and bake it into a loaf type formation. Then you let it cool, slice it and pan fry it until its browned...its fucking gross...if you ever visit PA and are asked to try some, don't. Someone once told me that there is a reason that the word "crap" is in the middle of "scrapple"...I'm just saying...

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
Scrapple is disgusting. People who bitch about what is in bologna and hotdogs, trust me...that's like eating pie next to scrapple. Its a Pennsylvania Dutch breakfast food that is very popular around here. Basically you take everything left over from butchering a pig, grind or chop it up, $mix it with corn meal and bake it into a loaf type formation. Then you let it cool, slice it and pan fry it until its browned...its fucking gross...if you ever visit PA and are asked to try some, don't. Someone once told me that there is a reason that the word "crap" is in the middle of "scrapple"...I'm just saying...
Scrapple. Even the mention of it makes me want to vomit.

I also hate anything buckwheat including buckwheat honey. Scrapple has buckwheat in it too. I'd eat a pound of headcheese before I'd eat a spoonful of scrapple.

mel

This is My year!..again:)
/agree

parents tried to make me eat this when I was a small child. one of those "sit at the table until you're done" deals. I slept on my placemat!

me too!! I can remember sitting there crying and trying not to puke all over the place.

Tracii

Yams..............OMG YUCK!
Snails make me gag too.

Angel

no apologies for being me
steak, beef, hamburger (with the except of occasional small amounts of the 93% and up lean) = gall bladder attack

greasy foods and fatty foods = queazy stomach

I don't like chicken or turkey skin; any fat on meats; liver, headcheese, or scrapple; squid or octopus; mushrooms (the texture is slimy to me); green tomatoes; yellow, mild, or any types of hot peppers (strange, but I do like a slice or two of pickled mild yellow pepper on a sub sandwich every once in a blue moon)

My tummy doesn't like any lettuce that comes from McDonalds; refried beans; multi-grain anything; those little seeds that are on hamburger buns; MSG; and most local Chinese buffets :( (buying chocolate exLax would be cheaper)

Overindulging in chocolate or sweets makes me feel sick to my stomach :(

The things I'm supposed to eat, I can't tolerate very well; and what I basicly live on, I'm not supposed to be eating :(

BLUEeyedBanshee

Ministry of Truth
Fish and cheese should NEVER be served together. Seriously makes me sick thinking about it. Tuna melts, or fish sandwiches with cheese. Ewww.

Bighairyman

There really isn't anything that really upsets my stomach in a literal sense. But I can't stand eating anything with a bone or meats that are chewy and fatty. I can't stand meat that has chunks of grizzle on it and is still touching a bone. I know it is weird. But I can't do it.

Also, I don't like eating eggs, seafood, mushrooms, or anything else that has a slimy texture to it.

spiritangel

AmandaClause
gets prepared to be called un australian

Vegiemite even the smell makes me quesy

also something in the tomato sauce on pizza havens pizza always makes me chucky

tripe and other such offal type things

Latest posts