• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What i think of WLS

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullagrace27

Hi. First of all i want to excuse my poor english. I have been thinking of having the WLS myself. They have recently started performing them here and its quite popular and demanded now. I was getting my courage together to go to the surgeon and start getting ready for the surgery. While i waited, i decided to do one last thing. Visit an endocrinologist. I had had my periods messed up for few years now and i had gained about 60 pounds in past 3 years. I felt tired to live. No energy to go anywhere after work. I ate a lot. I love food. I am an emotional eater. Whenever something negative happened or came to my mind, i went to food. And i ate big amounts. I love salad and i ate huge amounts of that too. I had a big craving for cakes and cookies and all kinds of baked goods. My knees slowly had started to hurt, feet aswell.
Anyway, so my gyneacologist said after years of trying to fix my periods with a regular pill, that my problem doesnt seem to be from her area. I had everything working well there. So she sent me to endocrinologist.
I weighed 170 kilos. Thats the largest number i had seen myself weigh. Was probably about 3 months ago. She was shocked at why I hadnt come to her before. My gyneacologist had tested my bloodsugars in summer 2006, and the numbers had been just on the border of normal and high. My level of insulin that is produced in the morning without eating was very very high already then. Noone had told me this. I had the test done in 2006 but noone said there was anything wrong there. SO when the endocrinologist now tested me again, the results were the same. Slightly worse. Whatever is this organ called that produces insulin, produced way too much of it. And whatever is left over shge said goes to fat cells and makes me gain. Also makes me crave for sweets and cakes and all that stuff. Also makes me tired. She said i am 1 step away from diabetis. I was all in tears.She reassured me I dont have to worry about it now though, since we found out about it in time. She said the gyneacologist had worked against me with this pill. It only made everything worse whenever she prescribed it to me. It has been 3 weeks since my visit to the endocrinologist and i have been taking the 2 pills she prescribed me. I am already a new person. Just as she told me i would be by the middle of november. I have energy, i dont want cakes and cookies and candy. I eat 2..3...4...5...times less than before. I guess i might still think of food when something negatives comes along but i suppose i satisfy it with much less. And to be honest i dont remember of experiencing stress and wanting to cure it with cake for 3 weeks now. I havent weighed myself yet since i dont have a scale that weighs over 150 kilos but i have already taken some of my cl,othes to the seamstress to be made smaller and some of the clothes that didnt fit me, now fit. I feel so different. It is hard to explain...but its the energy that has returned and i think i had lost the interest in sex, which has come back now and its wonderful. I feel great!
I dont judge anyone who has chosen WLS. And I dont say it is wrong. My endocrinologists husband is one of the surgeons here that performs that surgery and she told me you will never need it. And if you had done it and not come to me, it would have been huge mistake. I had this saline inflated gastric balloon in my stomach twice in a row in 2004 and 2005 and she said that was also a big mistake and actually made my condition worse.
Anyway....Reading one post here about how someone who had had the surgery is now gaining back ( and i bet it happens to many) and eating all kinds of sweets and chips and lots of carbs, made me think that there is a reason she wants to eat all that. Her body must demand for it. There is a reason people overeat. Skinny people overeat too, but they dont often gain. Why some do and some dont? I know why I did.
I hope noone gets upset with me for giving my opinion and sharing my experience. Maybe itll even help someone. I feel that doctors shouldnt look at everyone who is overweight thinking...ahhhhhh well she must have a good appetite!! It isnt that easy! There is a reason for that weight.
My endocrinologist said i will start melting like spring snow and i think she is right. I feel like this is a real breakthrough! After all those years of nightmare. I feel , now is the time! This is it for me! I can turn everything around.
Also i wanna say to everyone who has had a successful WLS experience how sincerely glad i am for you.
:)

Back