• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What is your philosophy for living.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akahige

For the sake of a new topic: I enjoying hearing about what philosophies or "rules" people guide there lives by. Please be respectful if you do not agree with someones ideology.

Here is mine:

I believe in a few simple truths. These ideas are paramount to me and I live by them. I will elaborate on each one separately; My concepts for a good life are freewill, morality, virtue, truth and friends.

Freewill: I believe that man has freewill and it is our right to live and be free, and be free of other peoples will. Most modern American institutions seek to impose their will upon you, based on their usual misinterpretation of scripture, meant to fit there ideas and opinions of proper values and what is right and wrong. I will not impose my will upon you and would expect the same in return. All feelings and opinions will be considered with proper respect, of course. Once one person in a relationship or friendship imposes their will upon another, you are no longer equal and one will have power and control over the other and this will lead to the eventual demise of the integrity of the relationship or friendship.

Morality: Some call it "sin" but I prefer morality, I say:"If it brings no physical or emotional pain to yourself or another then It is not wrong. If it goes against nature it is not immoral, but not proper to the natural order of things". The consequences for immorality is the corruption of your soul (character, integrity, inner peace etc....).

Virtue: To find true happiness one must strive to live a virtuous life. Vices will provide temporary happiness, but when one cannot have a vice that they are accustomed to then the only response is grief and unhappiness. Living virtuously preserves the integrity of your soul (character, integrity, inner peace etc....), not longing after vices will bring contentment, living in virtue and not in vices will ultimately bring you true and consistent happiness.

Truth: Truth is a virtue, but it is paramount and deserves to be addressed separately. Being a truthful and honest person is the only way to have great friends and successful relationships. Trust is earned by truth, and trust is how you draw people near to you. I will not tolerate lies. I will not torment myself any more by trying to trust someone who has lied to me. If you find that being honest is difficult for you then please do not waste my time.

Friends: If you be yourself, and do not pretend to be something that your not; if you are truthful and you accept me as I am, the good with the bad then I will be in your life for as long as these things remain true.

This is how I live my life, It is condensed and concentrated to be as simple as possible and cover what really matters.

Latest posts

Back