What is your weight right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

khrestel

198, obese again.

For the past three years I've yo-yoed up and down between 170-200 and I'm honestly starting to doubt whether there is any sense in that. No matter how hard I try I don't seem to get under 170. Staying close there requires strenght training 5 times a week, aerobic training 2-3 times a week, 1600 kcal diet with restricted incredients and cheat meal max. once a month. Every time it's loosened up just a bit, I bounce back to 185 and every time a holiday comes my tortured body keeps every extra morsel it gets. The amplitude seems to grow a bit every time as well so I'm afraid if I take another try on loosing I end up bigger and burned out.

It's not like I can sit on my a bit more comfortable ass at this size either, I do work out 4+2-3 times a week and carefully measure most meals at 1800 kcal plan.

Argh. And all I really want is to be fat.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
^ That doesn’t seem healthy. I am no doctor but I believe our bodies have a “natural weight” sort of like water naturally finding its level.

A very close friend of mine used to weigh a little over 250, maybe 260. When she and I became friends she was losing weight and was down to the 140s. She mentioned to me and my wife once that she didn’t poop more than twice a week, and when she did it usually hurt. She didn’t mean to but gained back up to about 160 or so and her bowel movements evened our a little more once she did.

I know all the experts will encourage weight loss at just about any weight but in her case her body was clearly better off at ~160 that ~145. Maybe your sweet spot is somewhere over 170 if you have to torture yourself to stay at 170.

khrestel

^ That doesn’t seem healthy. I am no doctor but I believe our bodies have a “natural weight” sort of like water naturally finding its level.
I know all the experts will encourage weight loss at just about any weight but in her case her body was clearly better off at ~160 that ~145. Maybe your sweet spot is somewhere over 170 if you have to torture yourself to stay at 170.
That's what I believe. But yeah, 198 is the current number.

BouncingBoy

Formerly known as Dragorat
198, obese again.

For the past three years I've yo-yoed up and down between 170-200 and I'm honestly starting to doubt whether there is any sense in that. No matter how hard I try I don't seem to get under 170. Staying close there requires strenght training 5 times a week, aerobic training 2-3 times a week, 1600 kcal diet with restricted incredients and cheat meal max. once a month. Every time it's loosened up just a bit, I bounce back to 185 and every time a holiday comes my tortured body keeps every extra morsel it gets. The amplitude seems to grow a bit every time as well so I'm afraid if I take another try on loosing I end up bigger and burned out.

It's not like I can sit on my a bit more comfortable ass at this size either, I do work out 4+2-3 times a week and carefully measure most meals at 1800 kcal plan.

Argh. And all I really want is to be fat.
I too believe that our bodies know us better than anyone else does.We all have a certain point where our bodies don't feel right.This point can be high or low.If we get too far above or below these points then we don't feel right.As I've gotten bigger in my life my low point seems to have risen.When I was in the lower 200's if I got below 200 I felt strange & sometimes even a little weak.Now that I'm over #300 if I drop below the #300 mark I feel the same again.I just feel happier being bigger.A lot of people try to blame all kinds of illnesses on being heavy.Being bigger may not help with them but it doesn't necessarily cause them either.I'm currently 61 yrs. old & about #365(My weight fluctuates).I have my aches & pains but all in all my health is good.My vitals are all within acceptable range.So I just live my life & don't worry too much about my weight.... :)

Latest posts

Group builder