What is your weight right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

flfeeder

Nice! You're almost the same as my wifey who is 225 but hoping to gain 25# more.

We live in Florida as well. Say hi if you want. :)

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I have gained weight i m now at 400 lbs
Wife has since dropped some weight but I recall when she first reached 400 pounds. I’m not fixated on a number on the scale but when she told me her weight I was damn proud. It’s tough because she wasn’t necessarily thrilled about it, but she knew I would be and appreciated that.

FatBarbieDoll

I am roughly 5’5” to 5’6” and, according to an old scale, weigh 298 pounds. Question: Do scales become less accurate as they get older?

My mom’s 10-year-old scale said the above-mentioned weight when I first got here a week ago but then said 292 today. The old WW scale at home says about 298 as well — and it’s at least 6-7 years of age.

Maybe I am not standing on them correctly and/or fully? It can be difficult — on the WW scale, anyway — for me to put my legs together.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I am roughly 5’5” to 5’6” and, according to an old scale, weigh 298 pounds. Question: Do scales become less accurate as they get older?

My mom’s 10-year-old scale said the above-mentioned weight when I first got here a week ago but then said 292 today. The old WW scale at home says about 298 as well — and it’s at least 6-7 years of age.

Maybe I am not standing on them correctly and/or fully? It can be difficult — on the WW scale, anyway — for me to put my legs together.
No idea about the scale and how they hold accuracy as they get older. If they’re cheap to begin with they may not be all that accurate to start. We have a digital scale that always weighs me about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds heavier than other scales. Unless you’re competing for something that requires a certain weight level from you or you are tracking weight gained or lost, accuracy may not be all that important. Besides even a bad scale isn’t going to weigh you at 200 when you’re closer to 300.

op user

A BBW friend when she was at her highest around 270 told me that a scale becomes less accurate as it nears its capacity. My friend was close to 290 and she thought the scale wouldn't have been to accurate.

Latest posts