What's on your mind?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
Post whatever you are thinking about here...

I have no idea what to get my 13 year old niece for Christmas.

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
thinking about going to see SEVEN POUNDS today at matinee alone...

and dog sitting for 3 dogs most of this week and staying there each nite= a little $

TraciJo67

I have a friend with a 13-year-old daughter. I got her an Old Navy gift card and a pair of funky socks (so I could wrap the gift card in with them). Kids that age love to shop for themselves.

Uriel

Nacho Ninja

A Chastity belt??? Joking.
Sorry, I've seen the movie '13', and it scared me into not having kids. I second the gift card/ let her get something she wants idea.

I'm not suggesting you have to do this, but a little story...
My older brother is a hugely giving person. He once gave our little sister a huge box...with a smaller box inside, and a smaller one, and a smaller one (She loved Babushkas, so she just laughed and kept digging away), Something like 12 or 13 boxes (Whatever her age was that year). The last box had a $100.00 bill in it. This was back in the 80s, so she was really stoked...Not that 100 bucks isn't cool now as well, but I remember it being huge, since we were dirt poor.

-Uriel

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
A Chastity belt??? Joking.

My older brother is a hugely giving person. He once gave our little sister a huge box...with a smaller box inside, and a smaller one, and a smaller one (She loved Babushkas, so she just laughed and kept digging away), Something like 12 or 13 boxes (Whatever her age was that year). The last box had a $100.00 bill in it. This was back in the 80s, so she was really stoked...Not that 100 bucks isn't cool now as well, but I remember it being huge, since we were dirt poor.

-Uriel
That's so cute! I would love to do something like that, but my niece would just put the money in the bank and not spend it.

I'm thinking about getting her a necklace with a pearl pendant. Her birthstone is a pearl.

bobbleheaddoll

loves her bhm!
my daughter is 13 and so not a pearl kinda girl. the last necklace i bought here was a black tatted choker...lol. i gave her a budget this year for christmas and she spent most of it at hot topic. she and most of her little friends are currently into anime and random youtube stuff. hot topic carries alot of the trendy stuff like charlie the unicorn tees, gir stuff and alot of the anime stuff. she also got nightmare before christmas fingerless gloves in purple stripes...lol.

i have to agree with tracijo67, girls are very finicky at that age no matter what they are in to for clothing...you are better off with a gift card. maybe you could put it in a card that indicates that the gift card is for a day out with you to go spend it. i have sisters that are much younger than i am and i used to take them out for a "special day" rather than just kick them cash. we always had a nice day out and she got to pick her bday gift while she was with me.

mimosa

Fluffy Mama
I refuse to give in to stressing over the holidays!:mad: I am going to be happy and Do what Frankie says: RELAX.:p:doh::D

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
TW has slinkys on his mind that go up / down....at least that's what some of the *GIRLYS* have told me elsewhere..........:p

I am working on being sugar-free for my first 24 hours...it's a BITCH!!!

Shosh

Susannah
I have a friend with a 13-year-old daughter. I got her an Old Navy gift card and a pair of funky socks (so I could wrap the gift card in with them). Kids that age love to shop for themselves.
That was exactly the advice I was going to give Traci.

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
my daughter is 13 and so not a pearl kinda girl. the last necklace i bought here was a black tatted choker...lol. i gave her a budget this year for christmas and she spent most of it at hot topic. she and most of her little friends are currently into anime and random youtube stuff. hot topic carries alot of the trendy stuff like charlie the unicorn tees, gir stuff and alot of the anime stuff. she also got nightmare before christmas fingerless gloves in purple stripes...lol.

i have to agree with tracijo67, girls are very finicky at that age no matter what they are in to for clothing...you are better off with a gift card. maybe you could put it in a card that indicates that the gift card is for a day out with you to go spend it. i have sisters that are much younger than i am and i used to take them out for a "special day" rather than just kick them cash. we always had a nice day out and she got to pick her bday gift while she was with me.
I should clarify, she has said in the past that she wants a pearl necklace. She's a funny kid. She is such a tomboy, but loves jewelry.

I ended up getting a very pretty Gold necklace with a drop pendant charm that has a pearl on it.

thanks for all the suggestions..

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
I'm thinking about the fact that I'm going to see my daughter after 3 years of not seeing or hearing from her until very recently.

Maybe it will be a good holiday after all......

TraciJo67

I'm thinking about the fact that I'm going to see my daughter after 3 years of not seeing or hearing from her until very recently.

How exciting for you. I'm thinking that I hope your reunion is a joyful one.

And I'm thinking that ... I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Or Happy Holidays. Or just .. Happy :D

Shosh

Susannah

I am happy for you Phil. That will be a special gift for you.:)

TraciJo67

Wrestlingguy ... tried to REP you for your hysterically funny profile tag line, which I just now saw. Freakin' REP meter. So I'll just publicly blather.

I also love your profile pic. Wowsers.

And finally, how much progress have you made with the "one asshole at a time" thing? :D

Shosh

Susannah
Wrestlingguy ... tried to REP you for your hysterically funny profile tag line, which I just now saw. Freakin' REP meter. So I'll just publicly blather.

I also love your profile pic. Wowsers.

And finally, how much progress have you made with the "one asshole at a time" thing? :D
Got him for you Traci.

Timberwolf

Forth?
Now I am wondering what is on Timberwolf's mind. This could keep me up all night.:p
Well, I fear the complete list of what's going on in my head would keep you busy for at least one week - reading through, without sleeping. :blink:

But I don't have any idea how long it would take you to understand.

Latest posts