• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What's your opinion of IDK?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you say IDK? (confidential)

• I'm living as a male and I have no issue saying "I don't know."

• I'm living as a female and I have no issue saying "I don't know."

• I'm living as a male and I have some issue openly saying "I don't know."

• I'm living as a female and I have some issue openly saying"I don't know."

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fyreflyintheskye

☯tae kwan donut champ☯
Do you think telling someone you're unsure about something makes you look less intelligent or weak? Do you think it doesn't matter and openly tell someone when you don't know something? Do you try to conceal it with omission (either by changing the subject or, when not face-to-face, seeking out an answer to overstate your expertise via e-mail or teleconference, ETC.), clever BS and song & dance when in this situation or do you think honesty is the best policy and work with the individual(s) to convey the sentiment of camaraderie and openness to learn an answer(s) at a presumed risk of looking foolish or inexperienced? Does saying it make you feel free and open to learning something new or guilty, pressured, and as though you're confessing to a capital crime? Obviously, it wouldn't make anyone feel empowered, but at the very least free. Do you think "I don't know" is exclusive or more apt to be a response coming from a certain sex, and, if so, why? If you are a person who does or doesn't say these three words, please say why or why not.

I'm really just curious. Although it may sound a little skewed because my wording sometimes lacks tact, I have some opinion on this, but nothing really significant; it's not a pet peeve or anything, just something I am trying to wrap my brain around to better understand where various people are coming from. This is where I'm coming from... I'm in a daily situation with a handful of people who have different styles of, in essence, averting using these three words, and I am a distinct, "to-the-point" so we can "pick up and venture from here" type of woman who freely says things like "I really don't know. Let me look into it and get back to you," along with other things like my mistakes or when I'm wrong about something, and the reason behind this is because I believe it wraps things up and clears the air for progress. My view is that whatever perceived damage, for lack of better or broader word, telling a friend or co-worker or supervisor or total stranger that you don't know something is, more or less, superseded by this bonding and learning experience.

Why do you think we say or don't say IDK?

Just tell me/us the truth. I'm going to try to create a poll, but, since I don't think I have before on this board, I don't know how lol :p I'll give it a shot and see if it actually works.

Latest posts

Back