• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

When accosted by a WLS cheerleader - what to do?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandie_Zitkus

In Rememberance
I will tell you what I did. :)

I'm actually surprised this has not happened before - but it finally happened to me at Paul Delacroix's Middlefaire last weekend.

I was vending - in my tent - in my belly dancer costume - with 4 small round band aids on my tummy covering up my Gall Bladder surgery scars. A woman walked up to me - and pointed to my band aids and said - "Did you just have surgery?" I said "Yes I did - gall bladder". "Oh," she said "I thought you had weight loss surgery because I did and I had scars just like that."I said, "No, I'm not interested in weight loss surgery." (smile). "Oh I had it and it literally saved my life, I was 425 lbs, my blood pressure and diabetes were out of control and I was going to die, if I didn't have the surgery," she gushed, "it might help you." (I'm still smiling) "I'm not interested," I repeated. "Oh but it worked for me," she continued. "I'm not interested but thank you, enjoy your day here," I said rather firmly while still smiling.

"Oh - OK, but you should think about it", she said as she walked away.

Now - those of you that know me know damn well I was gritting my teeth wanting to tell her to "FUCK OFF!" - but I didn't want to start anything at Paul's Faire. As soon as she was out of earshot Wayne said to me, "Honey that was great - but I know how hard that was for the Jersey Girl in you." We both laughed.

Later that night when I finally found Paul I told him about the incident - he immediately got a bit angry and started saying rather loudly - "It's just a forced diet through surgery!!" Which for some reason cracked me up.

Anyway - that's how I handled it - how would you?????:)

Latest posts

Back