When/how did you notice, "Wow, I got fat?!"

Discussion in 'Weight Board' started by fatgirl33, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Apr 1, 2012 #1

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'

I'm sitting here, surfing the Net on a Sunday morning... My belly is bulging over the edge of the computer table a little, which is a relatively new development. It's the latest in a string of reminders that, "Wow, I've gotten FAT!"

Has anyone else had a episode like this? A small, unexpected thing that makes your realize you're not the same size you thought you were?

I know I've put on weight since New Years. I've been ill more than usual (small stuff, like flus and colds), which just makes me want to eat. An injury limited my mobility for awhile, too, which didn't help. At any rate, since the last time I was weighed (October), I've put on something like 40 lbs, I'm almost up to 350 now. By far the heaviest I've ever been...

So it shouldn't be surprising that I feel fatter, because, well, I am! But the extra padding on my belly, the added thickness to my thighs, even the little more chub in my face, seems to take me by surprise on a daily basis.

What seems really odd to me is how this little amount of extra padding is so noticable to me now, moreso in some ways than the almost 150 lbs I'd gained prior. Because I gained that weight so gradually over several years (almost a decade, which makes me feel very old! :rolleyes:) it didn't seem to make the same impact.

Just wondering if the rest of you have felt something similar?

Brenda

bubba350, Fat Molly and Aurora like this.
  2. Apr 2, 2012 #2

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Nothing like your size or degree of gain, but the couple of times I've hit 220 I suddenly find my belly rubbing against the desk when I'm typing. That is all sorts of distracting when I'm trying to get work done, as it sends my mind to all sorts of other places, and definitely makes me realize just how non-modest my belly has gotten.

3. Apr 2, 2012 #3

KHayes666

KHayes666

KHayes666

Go away

Brenda that sounds wonderful. Are you ok with these recent developments?

4. Apr 2, 2012 #4

Shan34

Shan34

Shan34

https://www.facebook.com/shannon.ford.73,
    Absolutely. I usually don't notice my size. But I'm reminded how big my body is when I'm trying to get through a small space. I will suck in and go sideways if I have to. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get hooked on something or bump into stuff.

It's taken me years to realize that I'm fat. I've never been skinny, but had more of an athletic body when I was younger. So as the years went by and I gained weight, I still thought of myself as the same size. And I'm soooo not even close! lol

5. Apr 2, 2012 #5

BigFA

BigFA

BigFA

Brenda, I am surprised often at how fat I am just like you. I have slowly gained 125 lbs. over a decade as well and I think the slow but steady weight gain leads to these everyday surprises. Even though I have leveled off around 300 lbs, it seems that my belly and overall size keeps expanding. I wear shirts that just a few months ago fit nicely and suddenly I look down and the buttons are almost ready to burst and my belly is sticking out through the gaps. And I think to myself, "Jeez, I am getting really fat".

I have the same reaction when I catch a glimpse of myself in a large picture window while walking down the street. I am continually amazed at how big I am and it always conflicts with what I believe I look like which is always significantly smaller. Going to a concert and a play over the weekend and discovering the seats in both are getting really tight is another surprise indicator and the thought crosses my mind again "Man, I am getting really fat!" And I am often surprised when I look in the mirror and discover my double chin becoming even more prominent. I must admit these fat discoveries are bit of a turn-on and I find myself ever more aroused by the thought of growing fatter.

Aurora likes this.
  6. Apr 4, 2012 #6

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'

I do like it, similar to what BigFA explained... But I've also got to watch it, because my blood pressure is borderline high at the moment. So, while I'm certainly not "dieting," I am watching mwhat I eat (low sodium, etc.) in an attempt to manage it.

Brenda

7. Apr 4, 2012 #7

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'

This happens to me quite a bit, too. I've got the bruises to prove it! When I'm travelling, turnstiles are not my friend! :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's been the shocker for me, too. Whenever I see a photo of myself I wonder, "Where did that double chin come from? Oh wait, I forgot - I'm fat!"

Brenda

stillblessed23 likes this.
  8. Apr 4, 2012 #8

stillblessed23

stillblessed23

stillblessed23

A half full kinda girl

This happened today lol. I walked past the video cameras set up in the store and had to do a backtrack...it was like woah is that me lol...geez no wonder little children stare haha. I mean I know I am fat 350...but I never can grasp my full size. I still see myself as that "skinny" little 240 lb girl I was in high school lol

bubba350 likes this.
  9. Apr 6, 2012 #9

degek2001

degek2001

degek2001

Like it to read all this honest experience about gaining weight. Sure, I think also an Expansion of 40 lbs means a lot. So I am not surprised about your surprise. I am also surprised about 40 lbs in 6 months!

I think also your body feels also softer. Also to play with your new rolls and rounder belly. Are you the only one how notice your gain? Or do other people also see your fuller curves. My experience is that people does have more trouble to see a difference between 300 en 350 lbs then between 200 and 250 lbs.

I hope you'll enjoy your new fat body! :smitten:

<3 Henk

10. Apr 10, 2012 #10

Jello404

Jello404

Jello404

Ive personally never been thin.NEVER. Up until recently Ive been the same size since 14.So the fact that Ive added 100lbs to that over the past 2 years was a little unsettling because Its like Im a while new me...I remember I went to sit in a booth that I could normally squeeze into and I literally coulndt get in there at all.I was like..damnit i USED TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT! or I moved into an old house with one of thoes older narrow tubs that I used to be able to fit into and I cant now.It was a shocker. Or how i have to push my boobs back because theyre soo huge and I cant see over them lol So many little things that take you by surprise. Sometimes it bothers me,other times I shrug it off.

fatgirl33 likes this.
  11. Apr 10, 2012 #11

Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit

DimensionsModel

When I sat on my $300.00 Smart phone and crushed it and noticed I was spending almost $1000 a month on fastfood, which is INSANE.

I notice new things every day, Like a new stretch mark new dimples on my thighs or how my belly takes up the counter while I do my make-up.

12. Apr 12, 2012 #12

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'

Those experiences sound very familiar to me, though my recengt wg hasn't been quite so significant... You must not let yourself be bothered by it, it's all part of the journey! And sometimes it's even good for a chuckle!

Brenda

13. Apr 14, 2012 #13

BBWBecky

BBWBecky

BBWBecky

around july 2011 when I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus...when I went for the surgery I was around 235...about 3 months later I was up to 273 lbs...thats a 38 lbs gain...didn't realize how much more I was eating till I one day I put on my fav pair of jeans..guess I squeezed myself into them to much. I went to sit down and the zipper split on them.

14. Apr 14, 2012 #14

bmann0413

bmann0413

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!

Seeing myself in the mirror. lol

15. Apr 15, 2012 #15

banjo

banjo

banjo

Well, i broke a chair the other day. That was an eye opener. haha

16. Apr 16, 2012 #16

KHayes666

KHayes666

KHayes666

Go away

How is your knee doing? Is it progressing or still in pain? Hope you're ok

17. Apr 22, 2012 #17

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'

I've never experienced the dreaded "broken chair" - I've gotten stuck several times, but never broke one. I feel kinda left out, but kinda relieved at the same time. :p

Brenda

18. May 7, 2012 #18

Fatdoug373

Fatdoug373

Fatdoug373

For me it was the day I could barely cut the toenail of the little toe on my left foot because my belly was getting in the way. It's a hard reach when you are right handed. I can no longer get my foot up on the bathroom vanity. I'm 297 lbs with a 56" beer belly. I hate having all this blubber on me, but I love it on a woman.

It is getting difficult to get out of chairs and do things like put on socks, tie sneakers etc since honestly I'm obese and over 100 lbs overweight.

19. May 13, 2012 #19

Fatdoug373

Fatdoug373

Fatdoug373

I have to cut that little toenail on my left foot with my left hand now...we adapt to a huge waistline.

I think quitting smoking resulted in me getting even fatter than I was already.

I hate my huge gut, but I love a woman to be nice and fat.

20. May 16, 2012 #20

GordoNegro

GordoNegro

GordoNegro

Gave up struggling to clip my own toenails and decided to get pedicures.
    The first time was a bit awkward, but the massaging chair is awesome.
    I just try not to go on a full belly as its already a challenge to tie these boot laces much less pull up socks.
    For me its a good feeling, just another stage to push on to.
    Though the walk to the bus stop after a block can be a pain if my back has not adjusted to the extra lbs.