When/how did you notice, "Wow, I got fat?!"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CorinaJade

I've also never been tiny, but i realised just how BIG i'd gotten when i was 17, and i'd reached a size 26 in Australian sizings, and realised that if i got bigger, i wouldn't even be able to even shop in the larger womens clothing stores. I then dropped to a size 18 - 20, but over the past year i've put on another 30 kilos, thanks to my fiances amaaazing cooking, i'm back up to a size 22, but i don't feel bad about it, i just feel... slightly less confident sitting on outdoor lawn chairs lol. I first noticed the weight gain the second time round when i was looking at photos of myself and my fiance from the beginning of our relationship, up to now, and i was like, geez, we both gained heaps! Neither of us even really noticed. But between us we would have put on about 70 kilos over the time we've been together. I don't think you notice weight gain in yourself so much when it's slow. It's not until other people around you point it out, or that gorgeous tight black skirt that you used to love wearing out suddenly doesn't fit you quite so flatteringly and you're like... hmmm... i don't think this just shrunk in the wash...
I do miss that skirt.

asmodeus

As the years go by, my weight increases, mainly by belly growth. The early stages are when I first found I could no longer hold it in, to later days when I did not want to. Then some lanfmarks remind me how nI am growing. The realisation I no longer need to pull my chair up to nthe table when I sit down as I am already touvhing it. But a new one two nights ago when the weight of my tummy caused me to roll out of bed!I had turned on my side and then moved further over until my tummy was no longer on the bed but projecting into space. Then balance did the rest. Another landmark! Has this happened to anyone else?

BigFA

Interesting that you had the same experience I did a month ago. I also gain most of my weight in my belly (now 60" around). I found myself turning over and my huge belly propelled me over the side of my bed onto the floor. First time that has ever happened. I must also admit that every night I enjoy laying on my side and gently caressing my huge gut and all of its new fat as I drift off to sleep.:)

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
I had another wake up call last week...

I used to travel by plane for work a great deal. After starting a family, I changed positions so this wasn't necessary, which worked out well. I had to travel to L.A. last week, though, and it slipped my mind that I am significantly heavier than I was the last time I flew.

Luckily the plane was not full! It was embarrassing none the less... If someone was sitting next to me, it would not have been very comfortable at all!

Brenda

RVGleason

I've noticed in the past couple of years that when I'm taking a shower that I'm taking up much more space in the bath and that it's become a little more difficult to wash certain areas of my body. Also noticed sitting down that I'm taking up more space on the seat and have to lean a little more forward to see my feet. At 5'8 and around 230 pounds I'm roughly about 60 pounds over the ideal weight for my height and I think I'm still gaining. ;)

KHayes666

Go away
I had another wake up call last week...

I used to travel by plane for work a great deal. After starting a family, I changed positions so this wasn't necessary, which worked out well. I had to travel to L.A. last week, though, and it slipped my mind that I am significantly heavier than I was the last time I flew.

Luckily the plane was not full! It was embarrassing none the less... If someone was sitting next to me, it would not have been very comfortable at all!

Brenda
It would have been worth it though if I was traveling next to you lol

BBW_Curious1

Took a flight a couple months ago and could barely buckle the seat belt...probably should have asked for an extension but was embarrassed :/

elina86

Earlier this year I bought myself a pair of long johns (size XXL)
and back then they fit fine even around my belly, but now I
noticed that my belly is too big for them.

Gordo Mejor

Well, i broke a chair the other day. That was an eye opener. haha
You don't have to be that big to break a chair. One time, after a local NAAFA meeting a bunch of us went to SoupPlantation. I was 6'1" and about 180 at the time. I finished my food and sat up to yawn, I stretched out my arms and suddenly there was a loud "Crack!". The back of the chair had shattered. All the women near me started to giggle. One said, "I'm glad it wasn't me."

Van

Van
Oh how I envy all of you! One day i will b able 2 share my experience when i get fat.

I'm Not Zoidberg

At first I didn't notice it much on my own - yeah, totally clueless, I know - but when friends started making the occasional comment or would pat my growing belly...well, even I eventually got the drift.

bbwlibrarian

possibly revolutionary
Probably right after puberty hit. I was a thick, but still relatively slender (in comparison to my present self) as a young teen (maybe 190-200lbs), but I started getting to around my present weight (300) at age 14. Weight goes up (and up), weight goes down. I still have shirts from middle school that I wear around the house.

I noticed it because everyone else did, lol. It's hard to hide being fat around teenagers. Even though I was always "the fat one," being "super fat" (to a 14-year-old's mind, at least) becomes a glaring weakness. Of course, being super-fat and wearing miniskirts and vintage clothing to school made the taunting even worse.

In my early 20s, I finally started getting bigger boobs, which caused me to gain more weight, and that made me worried at first, but my pants still fit well. I finally lost 50 or 60lbs over the past year and I'm down to the weight I was throughout high school, except the pants don't fit anymore. Apparently the re-composition of my body fat actually affected something. I think I lost 60lbs of belly fat.

The upside? I wear *much* smaller pants now (meaning that I can save some money buying new ones--trying to hunt down 28Ws on clearance was a pain). The downside? No one notices the absence or gain of anything in my waist, so no vain "oh! you lost SO much weight!" comments from the Shallow Hals in my world.

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
Earlier this year I bought myself a pair of long johns (size XXL)
and back then they fit fine even around my belly, but now I
noticed that my belly is too big for them.
This was an experience I have shared very recently. I have gained quite a bit of weight over the year, and when we pulled out our winter stuff, I found a lot of it didn't fit. Of course, the first thing that fails is usually the pants, which no longer button or zip. Sweaters don't reach to my waist anymore, as well. And worst of all, my winter jacket won't button.

I will be looking to the Boxing Day/Week/Month sales for larger items, I think! :p

Brenda

runningsoft

Transition seasons are probably the biggest pleasant surprise for me to go "geez, I've put a few on."

From last winter, I thought I was doing fairly well. Kept active and ate 'relatively well'. Well, come early warm weather and I went to break out the summer gear, which included my shorts.

There's nothing more thrilling then looking at yourself sideways in a mirror with your tummy pooched out of unbuttonable clothing and going "how did that happen?":happy:

elina86

In September last year my mum bought me a pair of jeans
(size marked with "W36 L32") that at the time I was able
to button and zip, although that was only possible by
sucking my belly in. Now I can't even button them,
even when I suck my belly in.

Miskatonic

Advanced Killbot
I didn't really notice just how fat I had gotten until I lost a bunch of weight and compared before and after pictures. I have a neck now. It's weird!

sophie lou

I didn't really notice i had put on much weight until my parents really started getting on a me about how i should go to the gym. They would also have lets look through photo sessions and point out how slim i used to be. Both my parents are fitness freaks so it bugs them the way i am. I would never change because i love how i am. I love feeling my soft fleshy tummy and thighs

Stuffingkit

DimensionsModel
I've noticed so much recently! I did this really intense "holiday gain" with a set feeding schedule, and I ended up gaining almost twenty pounds! Anyway, I can definitely feel the weight, I also outgrew a pair of jeans I got in late November. This has definitely been the most erotic few months of my life, and I really really wanna keep going!!!!

vampirekitten

I definitely noticed over the holidays too.. I had lost some unfortunately:mad: but once the holidays came and I started eating and over eating it seemed to pile on me fast!:smitten::eat1: I would outgrow my shirts within a week at times because my belly was growing so quick!:bow: I also got alot more stretch marks over these last two months. pretty awesome I'd have to say!!! :wubu::wubu:

sassysteph

I have gained about 15lbs since October and most of it seems to have settled into a nice round pot belly. In the past week, I've been asked the pregnancy question at least 4 times... and since that usually doesn't happen until you're REALLY showing, it made me take a closer look.

Latest posts