• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Who's your momma??

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamer72fem

hmmm....
Okay last year I started the thread about your dad's for father's day. So it is only fair that since Mother's Day is this weekend to tell a bit about our moms. I suppose I shall be the starter...
When I was younger my mom and I weren't as close as now. She was always the serious one and dad the goof. But over the years I think a bit of our goofiness has rubbed off on her. I have many fond memories of family trips and adventures we went on.
She worked at the same job all my life until about 3 or 4 (cant remember) years ago she was let go after 35 years. I know it depressed her even if she would say she was okay. About a year after she lost her job she started getting...well I dont really know how to explain it...but something wasnt right. I finally nagged her enough to go to doctor and the shit pretty much hit the fan. She was admitted into hospital Jan. 05 and her kidneys and liver tanked out...as well and alot of fluid in body and around lungs. WEll they got her into critical care and just got her going ever so slowly. They put her into a medical coma and did dialosys on kidneys and drained some fluid. What caused it all was a diseased liver. Her kidneys went back to normal after about 3 months...and the fluid left her body. Her liver will never get better...she is a pre-liver transplant program in Chicago. She doesnt need a liver now, but if she ever does they know all of her tests and info. She has to go there ever 6 months...she is hoping that next time they will say come back in a year. She is doing really well now. We even got that horrid call of come now we dont know if she shall survive the night call. Since she got so sick she was able to get on disability...so that is a help to her and dad financially now.
Her big thing now is wanting to buy an RV and travel a bit. That is her OBSESSION. I think it drives dad crazy a bit. He will be retiring July 9 and so that gives them free time to go where they want to with no worries. I keep having to remind dad that mom is 7 years younger and has more desires to go and do things than he does at times. And then I have to remind mom the opposite...lol.
She loves to read...we always have stacks or bags of books around.
Now she is out on the riding mowing...her new obsession is mowing the grass. Soon she will be busy getting her flower gardens planted.
Here is a picture taken last week when we all went out for dinner.
Stacey

View attachment momdad.jpg

Latest posts

Back